New clubs in the East of Scotland

Just now, craigkillie said:

Yes. I'd imagine this will happen in most pyramids around the world - there aren't going to be an equal number of leagues in every region. For example, in the English pyramid there are leagues at Level 20 in Avon, Norfolk, Devon, Stroud and Yorkshire, but nowhere else.

Massive difference level 20 to level 5 is there no  ? Yer talking SPFL places here. What if a sugar daddy suddenly bankrolled a club regularly at the bottom of the HFL  ?

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Massive difference level 20 to level 5 is there no  ? Yer talking SPFL places here. What if a sugar daddy suddenly bankrolled a club regularly at the bottom of the HFL  ?

They'd probably get promoted.

17 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Na not at all just have problem wi the rules that seem to be amended quite frequently.

Which rules would these be? As far as I see, the rule stating the bottom LFL club would be relegated was in place at the start of the season.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Correct. Fort William are currently at the very bottom of the pyramid in the Highland area. If someone took over then they'd get promoted to a higher tier. Just like every other pyramid in the world.

Aye ok whatever al agree to disagree glad you think it's a pyramid.  For such a high position in a pyramid I find it bizarre? Massive advantage over Southern sides  ? As has been pointed out the new rulings are practically gonnae make it impossible to have a tier 6 in the Highlands ?

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Derogation !!!

HFL need to come into line wi the LL and find other leagues to create a proper pyramid. Clubs year after year staying tier 5 is an absolute piss take ! 

Why is this the HFL's responsibility? Remember, tier 5 is based on licencing. Until recently, the HFL had more licenced clubs than the Lowland area. The numbers are still comparable.

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

:lol: And while yer at it why don't you do a complete overhaul of the LL and demote the groundsharers as well,it's a piece o piss having ready made grounds that are up to the task of licensing :thumsup2

Nothing stopping WW groundsharing...

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Which rules would these be? As far as I see, the rule stating the bottom LFL club would be relegated was in place at the start of the season.

No just aboot bottom club,it had it's controversy,ye move on but throw in the odd licensing date  ? 

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye ok whatever al agree to disagree glad you think it's a pyramid.  For such a high position in a pyramid I find it bizarre? Massive advantage over Southern sides  ? As has been pointed out the new rulings are practically gonnae make it impossible to have a tier 6 in the Highlands ?

Well, soon it's going to be 'easier' for a SoSFL club to be promoted to the LFL than a EoSFL club. The SoSFL will have one division whereas the EoSFL will have at least two.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

No just aboot bottom club,it had it's controversy,ye move on but throw in the odd licensing date  ? 

What's odd about it? We've always known that floodlights were likely to come into the mix. You've got 18 months, possibly more if you get derogation.

4 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Why is this the HFL's responsibility? Remember, tier 5 is based on licencing. Until recently, the HFL had more licenced clubs than the Lowland area. The numbers are still comparable.

Nothing stopping WW groundsharing...

As has been pointed oot by burnieman  it's the SFA that's causing this, the HFL will quite rightly be happy with their position at tier 5 ? 

5 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Well, soon it's going to be 'easier' for a SoSFL club to be promoted to the LFL than a EoSFL club. The SoSFL will have one division whereas the EoSFL will have at least two.

Far easier though i doubt very much the SOSFL clubs are bothered about going up anyway ? There was talk on here of them moving doon a tier or two  ? 

7 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

What's odd about it? We've always known that floodlights were likely to come into the mix. You've got 18 months, possibly more if you get derogation.

18 months to find a good few quid, nice one,the advantages of owning yer own park.  Out of interest al ask again how many clubs actually own their park  ? 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Far easier though i doubt very much the SOSFL clubs are bothered about going up anyway ? There was talk on here of them moving doon a tier or two  ? 

So, what's your point about the HFL? Only one team can go up from the playoff anyway. At the moment I think this is reasonable, given the relative numbers of licenced clubs in each area. Once there's a significant difference in licences in Lowland v Highland areas, then it starts to become inequitable.

18 months to find a good few quid, nice one,the advantages of owning yer own park.  Out of interest al ask again how many clubs actually own their park  ? 

We all knew floodlights were going to come in at some point. They're mandatory in the SPFL above. I'd hazard a guess that seats will be next. Why weren't plans being made?

Why does it matter if clubs own their own park? As long as there is a secure lease, what's the problem? Facilities are expensive to build and maintain, it makes sense that maximum use is gained from them.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

"Tier 5" isn't really something to get hung up on since there are some countries that don't even go that far.

Quick skim of wikipedia you've got the likes of:

Bosnia

Croatia

Ireland

Northern Ireland

Portugal

Slovakia

Slovenia

Fair enough Is that from non league to national leagues  ? 

34 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Obviously none of the clubs outside the Highland League in the north of thr country are bothered about going up either, otherwise they'd have applied.

So you've basically got the same situation in both places.