New clubs in the East of Scotland

3 hours ago, stulch said:

A very good decision by the Lowland League Board to approve a request from the East of Scotland FA,  to grant a waiver to EoSFL clubs whose application for a Club Licence, has not yet been considered by the SFA.  This means that the EoSFL champion club this season, will be promoted to the Lowland League, (assuming it had submitted  a licence application by 31st March 2019). This waiver will continue to apply until the SFA announces its decisions about the club licence applications, which are currently pending.

This  gives added importance to the EoSFL conference play-offs at the end of this month, as it guarantees the winning club, promotion to the SLFL, in addition to becoming EoSFL champions for 2018/19..

13 minutes ago, Robert James said:

This means that the EoSFL champion club this season, will be promoted to the Lowland League, (assuming it had submitted  a licence application by 31st March 2019). This waiver will continue to apply until the SFA announces its decisions about the club licence applications, which are currently pending.

This  gives added importance to the EoSFL conference play-offs at the end of this month, as it guarantees the winning club, promotion to the SLFL, in addition to becoming EoSFL champions for 2018/19..

It guarantees the winning club nothing of the sort. This waiver is not indefinite and you still need to be a licensed SFA member to play in the LL.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

It guarantees the winning club nothing of the sort. This waiver is not indefinite and you still need to be a licensed SFA member to play in the LL.

The wording of the waiver is very clear.....yes it isn't indefinite.....but it does grant a licence waiver UNTIL the SFA announces the outcome of the current licensing applications.

In the unlikely event that the SFA will NOT have announced the outcome the club licence applications (submitted pre 1/4/19), before the Lowland League's AGM 2019,  the waiver will apply, and the EoSL champion club will be promoted. That is the purpose of the waiver.

If you consider I am wrong, I suggest you contact David Baxter, Secretary of the Lowland League, for further  clarification.

FOOTNOTE :   However, if the SFA's decision IS announced before the SLFL's  AGM, and the EoSL champion club's licence application has FAILED, then the club will not be promoted.

The wording of the waiver is very clear.....yes it isn't indefinite.....but it does grant a licence waiver UNTIL the SFA announces the outcome of the current licensing applications.
In the unlikely event that the SFA will NOT have announced the outcome the club licence applications (submitted pre 1/4/19), before the Lowland League's AGM 2019,  the waiver will apply, and the EoSL champion club will be promoted. That is the purpose of the waiver.
If you consider I am wrong, I suggest you contact David Baxter, Secretary of the Lowland League, for further  clarification.

FOOTNOTE :   However, if the SFA's decision IS announced before the SLFL's  AGM, and the EoSL champion club's licence application has FAILED, then the club will not be promoted.

Ok that might be true. However the SFA surely must meet in April? If planned meeting doesn't go ahead it would be pretty poor considering the delays already

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Ok that might be true. However the SFA surely must meet in April? If planned meeting doesn't go ahead it would be pretty poor considering the delays already

I agree completely.  Most of the rumoured 17 licence applicants (see Club Licensing P&B) submitted their applications before 1st January 2019, and their "audits" were completed many months ago. The SFA's delay is very difficult to understand.

Aside from any SLFL promotion entitlement, the above applicants need to know if they are successful, in order that they will be eligible to enter the Scottish Cup 2019/20.

2 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Next SFA meeting on Club Licensing is April 18th

18th April 2019

Is this the meeting that will confirm which applicants have been successful in being awarded a licence, and which have not ?  Excluding any appeals (against applications which have not been approved), is this the final stage for the 17 or so clubs, who applied months ago ?

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

18th April 2019

Is this the meeting that will confirm which applicants have been successful in being awarded a licence, and which have not ?  Excluding any appeals (against applications which have not been approved), is this the final stage for the 17 or so clubs, who applied months ago ?

Sorry Robert my information is very limited other than 18th April is next meeting regarding Licensing, I would imagine its the process were you will be accepted and who will or will not get derogation on Floodlights etc. Sorry all I know is the date but not the full agenda.

Daft laddie question guys, is it possible that in the play offs there could be some sort of tie eg on points etc? Struggling to see how it plays to an absolute winner sure somebody can answer for me !

3 points for a win
1 point for a draw
If it’s a draw after 90 minutes, there is a penalty shootout to decide a bonus point.

Apologies if the question has been answered here or on another thread (couldn’t find it) but, what’s the story with Selkirk for next season?

Will they be applying to join the EOS?

There's no desire for a senior side to re-emerge in Selkirk at the moment. The amateur and junior setups have formed a community club to try and re-open the clubrooms and take over the facilities with the aim of building from the ground up.
Down the line there might be players good enough to compete at EoS level but right now that certainly isn't the case. 
Lessons have to be learned from the shambles that has gone before. There's nowhere for the kids to get changed or even access toilets at the moment. Small steps need to be taken first.
One thing is for certain, the people responsible for dragging the senior team down through erratic mismanagement can never be involved in the future.

19 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

Apologies if the question has been answered here or on another thread (couldn’t find it) but, what’s the story with Selkirk for next season?

No as far as I am aware, because the financial affairs of the defunct club, and issues around Yarrow Park, have still to be resolved. 

19 hours ago, Mocochinchi said:

No. The financial affairs of the defunct club have not been fully resolved, and there are unresolved issues around Yarrow Park. 

Also the opportunity for new clubs to apply to join the EoS for 2019/20,  closed on the 31st March 2019. It has  not yet been announced as to how many applications have been received, but  the number is unlikely to exceed three IMO.    

On 04/04/2019 at 17:35, GNU_Linux said:

I coach at an under 15s team who recently played Selkirk and the pitch they have access to is nothing short of a 'tattie field' which is a pity as most other border towns have great facilities.

2 hours ago, junglehenry said:

I coach at an under 15s team who recently played Selkirk and the pitch they have access to is nothing short of a 'tattie field' which is a pity as most other border towns have great facilities.

Yes border towns have very good settings and facilities. They are a pleasure to visit.

Are you sure that your Under 15's team played at Yarrow Park : Selkirk FC's former ground, or was it at an alternative venue  ?