New clubs in the East of Scotland

The gossip coming out of that meeting suggests a merger wasn't much of a talking point.
I had a re-read of what was posted about the meeting & that seems to be the case. On the plus side TJ was seemingly very receptive to David Baxter (who has roles in both LL & EOS).

It would not surprise me if the glenrothes juniors application is an act of desperation. There current player pool is desperately thin. The strollers plan will lose them any chance of getting players that route. So they put up their own competing plan.
I can seriously only see 1 winner.

On the bright side for them they do have the lease on Warout Stadium. If there has been a pyramid back in the 70s, I'm sure Glenrothes could have moved on to bigger and better things after the Junior cup final victory with a ground like that. The obvious thing for the clubs to do would be to merge.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

It would not surprise me if the glenrothes juniors application is an act of desperation. There current player pool is desperately thin. The strollers plan will lose them any chance of getting players that route. So they put up their own competing plan.
I can seriously only see 1 winner.

My understanding is that it is the other way around.

I believe the Strollers are about to lose their oldest youth team to Glenrothes. With the Strollers amateur side disbanding we may need some sort of commitment from the Strollers that they are going to last in the EOS.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

When Glenrothes were dominating Fife Junior football in the early 1970's there were various reports in the local paper (Glenrothes Gazette) that they were exploring the possibility of joining the East Region juniors to play against better teams.:)

Is that not how Sauchie ended up in the East Region?

Clackmannanshire and Stirlingshire junior clubs were able to choose between the East, Fife and Central Leagues after the old Stirlingshire league folded before WWII.

Thanks.

Heard a long time ago that they were in with Fife at some point, left to try the East but then tried to go back to fife but they wouldn’t have them. Don’t know if there’s any substance in that story. ?

The CraigLeithRoyston Athletic rumoured merger definitely doesn't look like its on the cards. Both clubs are making moves for their futures though.

Craigroyston have confirmed their new manager for next season https://www.eosfl.com/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=253

and Leith Athletic have gained charitable status which has changed the way they have to operate between their 1st team and boy's club sections.

The CraigLeithRoyston Athletic rumoured merger definitely doesn't look like its on the cards. Both clubs are making moves for their futures though.
Craigroyston have confirmed their new manager for next season https://www.eosfl.com/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=253
and Leith Athletic have gained charitable status which has changed the way they have to operate between their 1st team and boy's club sections.

Leith's biggest hurdle is playing no where near Leith currently. No idea if theres anything viable in the Leith area. I know they played at Leith Links before Meadowbank 3G but I assume thats just a public park.

Congratulations to Bonnyrigg Rose (Conf B) who are the first of the EoS Conference Winners.  

The Conference Play-off dates are  :

Sat   27 April         Winners A  v  Winners C 

Tues  39 April       Winners B  v  Winners  A

Sat  3 May               Winners C  v  Winners  B

Conference A winners will be Hill of Beath Haws  OR  Penicuik Ath  OR  Musselburgh Ath

Conference C winners will be Broxburn  OR  Linlithgow Rose

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

Congratulations to Bonnyrigg Rose (Conf B) who are the first of the EoS Conference Winners.  

The Conference Play-off dates are  :

Sat   27 April         Winners A  v  Winners C 

Tues  39 April       Winners B  v  Winners  A

Sat  3 May               Winners C  v  Winners  B

Conference A winners will be Hill of Beath Haws  OR  Penicuik Ath  OR  Musselburgh Ath

Conference C winners will be Broxburn  OR  Linlithgow Rose

How many days does April have? :unsure2:

There's no indication of any teams other than the three we know about applying.

Although I would like to see all the east region juniors joining us I'm happy with the quality we already have in the EOS.

1 hour ago, lowenan said:

It’s the deadline for new teams applying to the EOS today. Would be good with a few teams applying.