New clubs in the East of Scotland

44 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

You’d need planning for that, they don’t have it, and they don’t have a n agreement either, reliable source from inside syngenta 

Then we go back in a circle suggesting the infrastructure already in place is acceptable to EoS standards. Or whatever changes need to be made can be done in time during the close season.

I was looking on twitter for any sort of references to the issue, someone's asked out right within the last hour.

image.png.d04462b66512606532f7d07fbe41a1c6.png

11 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I think Syngenta are more inteterested in the Semis this week!

Then there is the adult side:

https://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/sdafa/TeamFixtures?age=22&division=3077&team=149645

https://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/sdafa/Divisions

they'd be better to partner up with someone and save themselves 60k-70k

9 minutes ago, Robert James said:

If so, wouldn't East Stirlingshire be the obvious choice as a partner ?

Don't think despite sharing a training base for years they did anything as both want to keep their own identity (could be wrong though)

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

The 2nd pitch at Little Kerse looks similar to the one at pinkie that I believe that Musselburgh Windsor were looking at using and got knocked back for.

Seems strange as it’s exactly the same as  the one Leith play on at Peffermill 

4 hours ago, Jason King said:

Surely they'd be better taking over Camelon.

Reveal hidden contents

Just for the falkirktv meltdown that would trigger

;)

Jason : I suggested Camelon, and also Dunipace, as possible amalgamation options for Shire, approx 4 - 5 years ago. The club's management 'dismissed' my suggestion, as the move to Little Kersh was their chosen way forward. 

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

Just wondering if there is any news on Musselburgh Windsor FC and whether this progressive youth club are going to have another go at entering a team in the EoSL.

I was disappointed that Windsor were unable to gain entry for 2018/19 but it was obvious that Pinkies and Whitecraig do not meet EoSL criteria. In my view nothing has changed in this respect.

I wonder what the possibility would be for a groundshare with Musselburgh Athletic FC for 2019/20?

With Musselburgh Ath U20's (formerly Musselburgh Windsor) doing OK in the Lowland Development U20 League surely the time is right for Windsor to come forward as a loosely-linked "feeder club" with the following caveats:

- Windsor to negotiate groundshare with Athletic;
- in return Windsor provide players for Musselburgh Ath U20's next season in the Lowland Development U20 League;
- Windsor would be playing at lower tier of EoSL than Athletic so not in direct competition;
- the two clubs develop a firm understanding that higher level players go to Athletic in Tier 6 with the rest forming the pool for Windsor in EoSL in Tier 7.

This sort of arrangement seems to be working quite well in some towns in England:

- Coggeshall Town / Coggeshall United
- Biggleswade Town / Biggleswade FC
- Brackley Town / Brackley Town Saints   ETC

Times are changing in Scottish Non League Football and at the Senior level new links may be possible where entrenched views may no longer hold sway.

D1Kya-QWkAAF29r.jpg

The article on the right hand side column may be of interest:

Image may contain: one or more people

Edited by Pyramidic

On 18/03/2019 at 19:45, Pyramidic said:

Just wondering if there is any news on Musselburgh Windsor FC and whether this progressive youth club are going to have another go at entering a team in the EoSL.

I was disappointed that Windsor were unable to gain entry for 2018/19 but it was obvious that Pinkies and Whitecraig do not meet EoSL criteria. In my view nothing has changed in this respect.

I wonder what the possibility would be for a groundshare with Musselburgh Athletic FC for 2019/20?

With Musselburgh Ath U20's (formerly Musselburgh Windsor) doing OK in the Lowland Development U20 League surely the time is right for Windsor to come forward as a loosely-linked "feeder club" with the following caveats:

- Windsor to negotiate groundshare with Athletic;
- in return Windsor provide players for Musselburgh Ath U20's next season in the Lowland Development U20 League;
- Windsor would be playing at lower tier of EoSL than Athletic so not in direct competition;
- the two clubs develop a firm understanding that higher level players go to Athletic in Tier 6 with the rest forming the pool for Windsor in EoSL in Tier 7.

This sort of arrangement seems to be working quite well in some towns in England:

- Coggeshall Town / Coggeshall United
- Biggleswade Town / Biggleswade FC
- Brackley Town / Brackley Town Saints   ETC

Times are changing in Scottish Non League Football and at the Senior level new links may be possible where entrenched views may no longer hold sway.

D1Kya-QWkAAF29r.jpg

The article on the right hand side column may be of interest:

Image may contain: one or more people

Considerations  for the East of Scotland and the Lowland Leagues are:

(1) With only a week to go, until the deadline it looks like a maximum of 3 anticipated EoS applicants for next season. Will there be any others, from the Juniors, or from the amateurs  ? 

(2) Also, will there be any EoS club resignations (eg Eyemouth Utd, or any dissatisfied ex Junior clubs seeking a return to the ERJFA) ? 

(3) Will the SFA's licensing debacle continue beyond the date of the Lowland's AGM, thereby resulting inf the EoS  "Conference" winners (eg Bonnyrigg Rose ?)  not being eligible for promotion to the SLL, because they are not licensed (in time) ?  The exception would be Conference championship contenders Linlithgow Rose (who are licensed and would be promoted automatically, but only  if they win the EoS  play-offs.  No other Conference play-off contenders are licensed,  awaiting the SFA Board's (delayed) ratification of the (mostly EoS) clubs' who submitted licensing applications before 1/1/19. 

(4)  The additional  SLL vacancy, caused by the demise of  Selkirk, presents an opportunity to reprieve the club finishing 15th this season (Whitehill Welfare or Dalbeattie Star), if they apply to be re-elected. It also gives the other licensed clubs, eg  LTHV, Girvan, Preston Athletic, Threave Rovers, Hawick Royal Albert, etc, the opportunity to apply to fill the extra SLL vacancy.  Whitehill  however, don't have floodlights, which could be a complication (derogation ?)

(5) Alternatively, will either Albion Rovers or Berwick Rangers be relegated to the Lowland League, by losing the "SPFL Club 42 play-off final" (to either East Kilbride or Cove Rangers) ?   If  HFL club Cove were to be successful, the  SLL would gain an extra (15th) club for 2019/20 anyway, thereby  resulting in  either Whitehill Welfare (being relegated to the EoS}, or Dalbeattie Star (to the SoSL) automatically, 

Still plenty of unanswered questions ?  Apologies if my assumptions of the current state of play,  are incorrect.