New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, falkirktv said:

Then they’ve had months to meet criteria, if you don’t meet it by agm. Should be no thanks, come back next year, the juniors already refused pennies from same ground as it don’t meet criteria 

If they can prove they can put the couple of things in place in the closed season why should they do it now?

Why do it 6 months in advance to sit empty and unused?

They couldn't have applied last year as applications have a closing date 31st March, last year due to the number of late applications from Juniors they accepted them at AGM and Syngenta wasn't on that list, the next stage is for EOS to re-advertise open applications which they did with new criteria added for season 2019/2020, " Membership applications now open" now the date the applications were re-opened I couldn't tell you.
I have pointed this out several times " PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP. " which Fairweather pointed out Number 26 on criteria could be clubs EOS derogation if work needed is completed before season starts.

I can't find it (which means I may be wrong) but I was sure I had seen in EoS minutes that Syngenta had, at the very least, been discussing with the EoS. I did think they had said they applied.

It's strange if they don't have some assurances at the very least given:

- They appointed a first team manager for their EoS team (Gary Sibbald) in July last year. He left his current side to take the role.

- Appointed an Under 20's manager the week later.

- Appointed an assistant manager for the EoS team the week after that.

- Are still advertising that they will be EoS next year

Strange things to do if they are not under the impression they are definitely coming in for next year.

I know they have also talked to players about signing for the EoS team as well.

I genuinely don't understand the opposition to them coming in though, especially from larger clubs (or their fans) in the area who are unlikely to be impacted by it.

I'd have thought that if anyone were going to be opposed it would more likely be us, given we will be in direct competition with them for players as we're seen as the "smallest" other ex Junior club in the locale. But we're happy to add another strong club to the mix.

Their ground is perfectly suitable for Teir 7 and below right now, it's better than many equivalents that would be second teir in the East Juniors next season. If they want to get promoted to Teir 6 and get a license, work to do, but what's the problem with them doing that on the inside?

The EoS proved last year they are a pragmatic, open, welcoming league and have continued to do so throughout the season. It's been a breathe of fresh air. Who are any of us incoming clubs, who benefited from that last season, to suggest pragmatism no longer the way forward.

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

- They appointed a first team manager for their EoS team (Gary Sibbald) in July last year. He left his current side to take the role.

- Appointed an Under 20's manager the week later.

- Appointed an assistant manager for the EoS team the week after that.

- Are still advertising that they will be EoS next year

Strange things to do if they are not under the impression they are definitely coming in for next year.

I know they have also talked to players about signing for the EoS team as well.

This above probably says it all,  word is they have been told already that they have been accepted.

Still has to be voted on, if the grounds not done has to be a no
Starting to come across like you have something against Syngenta.... [emoji846]

Thankfully it only needs to be majority vote, not unanimous. I'd amazed if it were anything other than a yes.

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Starting to come across like you have something against Syngenta.... emoji846.png

Thankfully it only needs to be majority vote, not unanimous. I'd amazed if it were anything other than a yes.

I have no doubt that Syngenta will be in the EoS next season, as the requirements for their entry will have been agreed last year, including any timescale through to the start of next season. It would have been along the same lines as Inverkeithing HS, albeit deferred for a season.

Last year the EoS did reject St Bernards because its ground was deemed inadequate. Are they reapplying this year - unlikely as I haven't seen any mention of developments on its website. Has anyone heard anything which would suggest otherwise ?

I have no doubt that Syngenta will be in the EoS next season, as the requirements for their entry will have been agreed last year, including any timescale through to the start of next season. It would have been along the same lines as Inverkeithing HS, albeit deferred for a season.
Last year the EoS did reject St Bernards because its ground was deemed inadequate. Are they reapplying this year - unlikely as I haven't seen any mention of developments on its website. Has anyone heard anything which would suggest otherwise ?
St.Bernards folded I believe.

Eosl already said Bo’ness can’t use that ground as it don’t meet criteria, I’d be amazed if they got in tbh
Depends what the question was and what the criteria is they were talking about.

In order to move EoS games from the registered home venue it needs to be to another EoS approved ground (essentially an EoS member club). Camelon generously put us up for a couple of games.

Maybe the criteria that meant the EoS (I can't see why Bo'ness would ask the SFA, they don't have a licence and won't be in the Scottish next year) said no was that it wasn't currently an EoS approved ground?

Would be interesting to follow the theory through and ask, what if Eyemouth need a hand for a few games and asked Peebles, a ground farther from meeting the criteria than Little Kerse (but still perfectly fine for Teir 7 and below)?

I honestly don't see any issue with Little Kerse until they want to start climbing upwards. Obviously no one can second guess anyone, but in my opinion I'd be amazed if they said no on the grounds of Little Kerse being unsuitable. Unless there's some issue we aren't aware of, of course.

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
15 minutes ago, Robert James said:

St.Bernards folded I believe.

Thanks BM.  A further check has confirmed that St Bernards folded before the start of 2018/19 season.

1 hour ago, Kemlin Dan said:

This above probably says it all,  word is they have been told already that they have been accepted.

32 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Eosl already said Bo’ness can’t use that ground as it don’t meet criteria, I’d be amazed if they got in tbh

Well I'm glad that's been cleared up :lol:

4 hours ago, falkirktv said:

Criteria have moved on now compared to last year 

So what's changed since last year? Because the March 2014 date on the entry criteria document would seem to suggest nothing has changed for 5 years.

14 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Or the sfa never said anything to them at all.

Doesn't really matter.

SFA/EOS "Are you going to spend x to meet our requirements to use LK?"

Bo'ness = nope, we're only their temporarily

Syngenta = yes, here's our plan/funding and the timescale we'll work to do that it's done in time for the 2019-20 season

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Doesn't really matter.

SFA/EOS "Are you going to spend x to meet our requirements to use LK?"

Bo'ness = nope, we're only their temporarily

Syngenta = yes, here's our plan/funding and the timescale we'll work to do that it's done in time for the 2019-20 season

Yeah if they had a plan that would be a start but they don’t do should get told to bolt!