New clubs in the East of Scotland

So just for clarity, are they intending to use pitch 2 and if so, what needs done?  I assume it's unfenced, and would also need changing facilities in place along with basic spectator facilities.  That isn't a big ask assuming they have funding in place.   Looking at the pics there's plenty parking and I believe there is also a cafe on site, and a quickly Google suggests they have a long lease on place with Galaxy Sports.

Edited by Burnie_man

Just now, Burnie_man said:

So just for clarity, are they intending to use pitch 2 and if so, what needs done?  I assume it's unfenced, and would also need changing facilities in place along with basic spectator facilities.  That isn't a big ask assuming they have funding in place.   Looking at the pics there's plenty parking and I believe there is also a cafe on site, and a quickly Google suggests they have a long lease on place with Galaxy Sports.

I'm just assuming they would use pitch 2 as there's more space around it that can be developed. Going by instagram there might be some sort of fencing around pitch 2.

Pitch 1 on the other hand is caged and seems a little more restrictive in its options for development.

Here's two pictures from Twitter showing the main non-caged pitch (beside the pylon). There seems to be an embankment around at least two sides. Looks similar to Kelty with the fence at the edge of the 3G and then the path around it, needs a fence to restrict viewing and collect money but I don't see them being rejected.

Dzjc7rUW0AEHOoJ.jpg:large

DnONDmAWsAEdt5G.jpg

Edited by Ginaro

13 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

I’d heard that they’re not applying now, costs scared them off. Not sure how accurate the source is

As recently as 1st March they were looking for players across their 07 & 08 age groups. As part of the ad one of the positives listed is a full club pathway the senior game starting 2019-20. Which probably won't be the main reason that 11 & 12 year olds sign up :lol:

image.png.3311e1c5a557f6b20ce14512f0cc5d0c.png

Is where the red dots are where the LK stand is planned for?

Good luck to them but if there is one thing the Falkirk area really isn't crying out for it's another senior club. Maybe they became aware that it would be more expensive than they had realised when Bo'ness got knocked back from playing league games there while Newtown Park gets renovated?

29 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Good luck to them but if there is one thing the Falkirk area really isn't crying out for it's another senior club. Maybe they became aware that it would be more expensive than they had realised when Bo'ness got knocked back from playing league games there while Newtown Park gets renovated?

Didn't think that was readily known about LK and Bo'ness games. But certainly might indicate that there is just to much work and expense to get LK sorted for a youth set-up moving to Senior.

LK and Bo'ness and LK and Syngenta might be two separate issues. By the sounds of things it was the SFA that said no to LK, which I imagine is in realisation to them trying to be licensed for the 2019-20 Scottish Cup. It would be too much for cost for little benefit for Bo'ness.

For Syngenta they may or may not be able to raise the funds to get up to EoS standard for 2019-20 but would be a long way off a SFA license. Take cover for a 100 people, that's not something that Syngenta have to worry about but Bo'ness would.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.445ea40982557f8ea1c5e7d6723cdf9b.png

I can only go by the what's available on the internet not knowing the area. There only seems to be the one access road marked with the line across it. The rest seems to be "fenced" off by surrounding hedges/trees preventing access. So if they were using pitch 2 they could say it was enclosed as its all within the Galaxy Sports facility.

The red dots by pitch 2 could also be used for modular units for changing rooms to keep it separate from the Galaxy Sports business.

https://ukcabins.com/find-a-cabin/used?purpose=8

It hardly seems impossible.

I don't know about pitch 2, but pitch one does have a fence round it in classic 3G cage style. There's space for changing rooms behind the north goal, but to create room for spectators they'd probably need to move the fence out on one side and put up a rail.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

I don't know about pitch 2, but pitch one does have a fence round it in classic 3G cage style. There's space for changing rooms behind the north goal, but to create room for spectators they'd probably need to move the fence out on one side and put up a rail.

Yeah, you can see that it was caged. Which simplified the issue of obscuring the view and access. It's just minimises the options for the spectator experience. There shouldn't be a major issue for EoS standards, but there's quite a bit of work required for a SFA license which must be an aim for them long term.

If it's still happening of course :)

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Criteria have moved on now compared to last year 

They applied last year, before the start of the season, before the criteria 'moved on'. Should they get derrogation against those changes, as they applied in good faith, or should they have to meet them all before being accepted given they have changed before they become EoS members.

And yes, I have worded that to draw parallels with the current arguments being made around licenses as it seems there are people who think different logic should be applied in each case.

27 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

They applied last year, before the start of the season, before the criteria 'moved on'. Should they get derrogation against those changes, as they applied in good faith, or should they have to meet them all before being accepted given they have changed before they become EoS members.

And yes, I have worded that to draw parallels with the current arguments being made around licenses as it seems there are people who think different logic should be applied in each case.

If they’d applied last year they’d be in already.... 

If they’d applied last year they’d be in already.... 
Nope. Can apply whenever you want, but as far as I'm aware can't be ratified till a vote at the AGM, which they applied a few months after last year I believe. And as they weren't applying to join till this year anyway, that vote won't happen till this year's AGM, during which time the criteria in your view have moved on.

They applied and announced it just before the start of the season. I only know the timing because the man they announced as manager of the EoS team at the time was managing one of our preseason friendly opponents and the game was cancelled, leaving me to find another team for our friendly.

They applied, from memory (and I'm sure this was minuted at an EoS regular meeting as well) around July 2018, for the 2019/20 season.

So I ask again, under those circumstances should they get derrogation for the change in criteria, or should they need to meet them all now before they are accepted as members?

1 hour ago, falkirktv said:

The only things they might have to resolve are changing rooms & adequate fencing around one of the pitches.

Fencing can be done up in the 3 months between Acceptance and start of the season. Changing rooms by hiring or purchasing modular units. Which again can be done between acceptance and start of the season.

Criteria 26 allows for them to be accepted without having those aspects in place.

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The only things they might have to resolve are changing rooms & adequate fencing around one of the pitches.

Fencing can be done up in the 3 months between Acceptance and start of the season. Changing rooms by hiring or purchasing modular units. Which again can be done between acceptance and start of the season.

Criteria 26 allows for them to be accepted without having those aspects in place.

Then they’ve had months to meet criteria, if you don’t meet it by agm. Should be no thanks, come back next year, the juniors already refused pennies from same ground as it don’t meet criteria 

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

They couldn't have applied last year as applications have a closing date 31st March, last year due to the number of late applications from Juniors they accepted them at AGM and Syngenta wasn't on that list, the next stage is for EOS to re-advertise open applications which they did with new criteria added for season 2019/2020, " Membership applications now open" now the date the applications were re-opened I couldn't tell you.

I have pointed this out several times " PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP. " which Fairweather pointed out Number 26 on criteria could be clubs EOS derogation if work needed is completed before season starts.

28 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

They couldn't have applied last year as applications have a closing date 31st March, last year due to the number of late applications from Juniors they accepted them at AGM and Syngenta wasn't on that list, the next stage is for EOS to re-advertise open applications which they did with new criteria added for season 2019/2020, " Membership applications now open" now the date the applications were re-opened I couldn't tell you.

I have pointed this out several times " PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU READ THE ENTRY CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP. " which Fairweather pointed out Number 26 on criteria could be clubs EOS derogation if work needed is completed before season starts.

Surely it's obvious that it's quite hard to make changes during a season? There might be plans to make LK fit the criteria in the close season. As some others pointed out, it won't be that hard. If that's the case, I see no problem in accepting them.