New clubs in the East of Scotland

Is there any news about Selkirk reforming and applying to join the EoSL next season ? Any early indications/rumours about other new EoSL applicants, junior or amateur ?  
https://www.bordertelegraph.com/sport/17296135.only-way-back-for-selkirk-is-as-a-grassroots-community-club/?ref=fbshr

EOS unlikely for Selkirk at the present time

• 1 month later...
On 26/11/2018 at 16:29, Burnie_man said:

Travel doesn't discourage clubs from joining the EoS.  It didn't this season, it won't next season.  Generally clubs do not want to operate inside small county leagues, nobody does that at the moment anyway.

Maybe some form of regionalisation may eventually happen at the bottom level, but probably not next season and its very unlikely to be a barrier to clubs joining if there is a mixture of Fife, Lothians and Borders in each Conference, just like this season.

Given the EoSL's  open invitation for clubs to apply for membership by 31st March 2019, and the ERJFA's counter objective,  it is perhaps surprising that there have not been any rumours, leaks, or views on this forum, about east clubs joining or leaving the EoSL for 2019/20. Presumably some east  clubs must be holding discussions/meetings  now that we are only a few days away from February.

Also, with the SFA's  Club Licensing Committee meeting scheduled to meet during February, it would be interesting to know or speculate, which EoSL clubs  submitted licensing applications before 1st January 2019. Any news ?

13 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Given the EoSL's  open invitation for clubs to apply for membership by 31st March 2019, and the ERJFA's counter objective,  it is perhaps surprising that there have not been any rumours, leaks, or views on this forum, about east clubs joining or leaving the EoSL for 2019/20. Presumably some east  clubs must be holding discussions/meetings  now that we are only a few days away from February.

Dalkeith was the only club to come out this early with a public statement. Other than Clydebank, all the other eventual applications weren't really known publicly until March. In fact there was still some guessing over who the original 13 applications were shortly after the March 31st deadline as the EoS were waiting on getting their dues.

It's still very early and with the SJFA telling their members they are in at Tier 6 the circumstances are a little different. What you're seeing now isn't clubs thinking about licensing and accesss to the pyramid, but the likes of the Fauldhouse manager discussing the loss of local games being a reason to apply to the EoS.

Until it's clear that the PWG isn't going to enforce a change, I think the individual clubs will play things close to their chest.

Also, with the SFA's  Club Licensing Committee meeting scheduled to meet during February, it would be interesting to know or speculate, which EoSL clubs  submitted licensing applications before 1st January 2019. Any news ?
The only news I have is that Blackburn Utd's Licence application is in and will be considered at the meeting next month. I have no idea what other clubs have applications in at this stage.

Sygenta Juveniles declared some time back they are applying and I'd guess playing out of Grangemouth Stadium. I've not seen or heard anything re other applicants although there are one or two clubs considering it.

Little kerse for Syngenta was the last I heard.

Edited by drs

22 minutes ago, drs said:

Little kerse for Syngenta was the last I heard.

I recall now - Galaxy Sports Little Kerse, Grange Rd, Polmont :

http://www.littlekerse.com/

What other creditable facilities are currently available for clubs who might be in a position to progress from Amateur to the EoSL?

Grangemouth Stadium has been mentioned above by Burnie_man

http://www.falkirkcommunitytrust.org/venues/grangemouth-stadium/default.aspx

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The only news I have is that Blackburn Utd's Licence application is in and will be considered at the meeting next month. I have no idea what other clubs have applications in at this stage.

Sygenta Juveniles declared some time back they are applying and I'd guess playing out of Grangemouth Stadium. I've not seen or heard anything re other applicants although there are one or two clubs considering it.

It was mentioned on this forum that that both Blackburn and Dalkeith had submitted licence applications prior to licensing being suspended.  LTHV were the last club to be licensed, prior to this moratorium last summer, with Wigtown's licence being' re-enacted' when the club rejoined the SoSL in September.

For the 3 EoSL conference 2018/19 winners to be eligible to participate in the play-offs for the Lowland League, I assume that to do so, they need to be licensed. Currently the 3 favourites to finish top of conferences A B & C,  are Penicuik, Bonnyrigg & Linlithgow, but of these 3, only the latter club currently holds a licence.  Therefore it is important to know which clubs have submitted an application, and those which have not applied.         

It was mentioned on this forum that that both Blackburn and Dalkeith had submitted licence applications prior to licensing being suspended.  LTHV were the last club to be licensed, prior to this moratorium last summer, with Wigtown's licence being' re-enacted' when the club rejoined the SoSL in September.
For the 3 EoSL conference 2018/19 winners to be eligible to participate in the play-offs for the Lowland League, I assume that to do so, they need to be licensed. Currently the 3 favourites to finish top of conferences A B & C,  are Penicuik, Bonnyrigg & Linlithgow, but of these 3, only the latter club currently holds a licence.  Therefore it is important to know which clubs have submitted an application, and those which have not applied.         
No, Blackburn and Dalkeith applied to the SFA for membership before the embargo, you need to apply and pay the £2k fee before you can begin the licence process.

We had our Licence audit by the SFA a few weeks back and everything was in order to allow our application to go in front of the next Licence committee meeting next month. If that is approved then it goes in front of the SFA Board meeting two days later for full membership approval, once that is done it goes back to Licence dept to approve and issue the licence.

I dont think Dalkeith are at that stage yet.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

No, Blackburn and Dalkeith applied to the SFA for membership before the embargo, you need to apply and pay the £2k fee before you can begin the licence process.

We had our Licence audit by the SFA a few weeks back and everything was in order to allow our application to go in front of the next Licence committee meeting next month. If that is approved then it goes in front of the SFA Board meeting two days later for full membership approval, once that is done it goes back to Licence dept to approve and issue the licence.

I dont think Dalkeith are at that stage yet.

Appreciated thank you, but it will be important to know if EoSL clubs like Penicuik, Bonnyrigg, and the other leading contenders to be conference  A B & C winners, have applied and been audited, for consideration at the February meeting ?   

(It doesn't look likely  that the 2018/19  SoSL champions will have been licensed, and would not therefore be eligible to participate in the Lowland League play-off). 

17 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Bonnyrigg and Penicuik have both applied. Bonnyrigg do not have floodlights currently, so will be telling how the SFA Licensing Committee will treat ongoing applications for derogation purposes.

The latest update from Penicuik in the EoS Grounds for Optimism thread suggests that the application is ongoing but they have yet to have an inspection from a Licensing Officer.

Appreciated thank you, but it will be important to know if EoSL clubs like Penicuik, Bonnyrigg, and the other leading contenders to be conference  A B & C winners, have applied and been audited, for consideration at the February meeting ?   
(It doesn't look likely  that the 2018/19  SoSL champions will have been licensed, and would not therefore be eligible to participate in the Lowland League play-off). 
I guess the clubs will announce themselves if and when they get awarded a licence.

Bonnyrigg's application was submitted, and fee paid, prior to the latest change making floodlights a requirement.

Whether or not the application goes through is entirely in the hands of the SFA.

I'd be disappointed if those in a similar boat weren't granted their licence on the proviso it won't be renewed unless floodlights are installed in the next 12 months but then I wouldn't be surprised if the SFA simply said no, time will tell.

I did hear from one source that the lights had been sourced but don't know how true this is.

Broxburn have applied as well https://www.broxburnathletic.co.uk/sfa-club-licensing-and-membership/
Jeanfield had their inspection back in December if I remember correctly as well. That's the 3 main candidates from Conference C covered.

I'm not sure that specifically relates to having the application considered by the Licence committee post-audit.

As I said, you first have to apply to the SFA and pay the fee before the process begins (that was the bit that was embargoed) and looking at the date that might be what it relates to as it's not long after the embargo was lifted.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

I'm not sure that specifically relates to having the application considered by the Licence committee post-audit.

As I said, you first have to apply to the SFA and pay the fee before the process begins (that was the bit that was embargoed) and looking at the date that might be what it relates to as it's not long after the embargo was lifted.

I'm not saying its being considered at the final stage. I'm just saying they've got their application in and working on it.

45 minutes ago, Robert James said:

For the 3 EoSL conference 2018/19 winners to be eligible to participate in the play-offs for the Lowland League, I assume that to do so, they need to be licensed.      

Just to be clear, only the winner of the EoSL needs to be licensed to participate in the play-off for the LL (which seems unlikely to happen anyway as no eligible club is likely to win the SOSL), not the three conference winners. The EoSL play-offs will include whoever tops the three conferences whether they are licensed or not.

I'm not saying its being considered at the final stage. I'm just saying they've got their application in and working on it.
Got you. Applications need to be considered and approved at the 12th February Licence meeting to be eligible for promotion. Not long.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Got you. Applications need to be considered and approved at the 12th February Licence meeting to be eligible for promotion. Not long.

I'm hoping, hoping, that's there is going to be a certain level of leeway with this since any Lowland League playoff doesn't occur until May.

LTHV last year as a possible example of this. Its not really known if they had their licence officially signed off by March 31st. Which is why people were asking if they were good to go during the Kelty games in April. Think the first public confirmation was being excluded from the Alex Jack Cup draw during the EoS AGM.

Its also just good to know its being worked on ahead of the vacancy created by Selkirk. An overall EoS Champion that doesn't become licensed until say April/May should be the prime candidate.