New clubs in the East of Scotland

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I need HJ to create a single post explaining all the changes and how it will all work.

Someone sound the horn.

I don't think it's massively complex.

The existing EoS (swapping Kelty for Hawick) is being bolstered by 26 new teams: 24 East Junior, 1 West Junior and 1 Youth stepping up.

For one season only, these 39 will split into 3 'conferences' at Level 6 of the pyramid. They will play everyone in their division H&A. A 3-way play off will determine the overall champion that will vie for a Lowland league place.

For 19-20, a top division will form at L6, made up of the best (5?) of each 'conference'. Lower divisions tacked on below, format TBA. 3 vertical divisions to cover 6-8 in total, regionals at L7? Like I said, TBA.

All newcomers enter the various EoS cups.

Meanwhile in the East Juniors, armageddon. In the West Juniors, they're in the bunker.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Have you ever been actively involved in the game? Not surprising at all that many people on committees would be completely clueless and willing to believe whatever propaganda they are fed by those in authority during league meetings. Tom Johnston probably would have got away with it for many more years if it hadn't been for those meddling kids in Kelty.

It’s not North Korea. He isn’t Kim TJong - Un. Any of the information discussed on here is readily available. For people operating within the committees/boardrooms of any non league club not doing the due diligence of their own independent research reeks of incompetence.

I'm sure all will become clear in time but what happens if only 1 of the 3 conference winners are licensed, do they automatically play the SoS winners (presuming they are licenced) or will there still be a playoff to determine the overall 'winner' with the possibility of no EoS side progressing?

Incredible to think that so many guys unable to interpret and understand basic info are making decisions on a weekly basis that dictate the way that clubs operate
Sometimes it is better to stay silent and let people think you are stupid rather than open your mouth and prove it to everyone.

Signed TJ

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

35 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Someone sound the horn.

_41601334_potnoodle_203.jpg

With all these new clubs I'm going to need a bigger horn...

335080017-foghorn-ardnamurchan-lighthous

I think what follows is correct:

All 39 clubs were placed into 3 conferences, A/B/C, according to finishing position last season (Hawick, LTHV - Tweedmouth, Bonnyrigg - Easthouses, Dunipace, Inverkeithing). Someone else's schematic:

image.png.ba45b812ed2b71b03487841700e23a

Those 39 are the existing 13 with Hawick relegated <> Kelty promoted; 24 from the East Juniors, including 13 of the top 16 south of the Tay; Dunipace from the West Juniors; plus youth side Inverkeithing.

Conference champions will hold a "round robin" playoff for the overall title. Top 5 in each, plus enough others to make 16, will form a reactivated Premier Division for the following season; rest will form divisions under it of an undetermined nature.

EOS Qualifying League has 10 sections, each with at least 1 club from each conference; 10 section winners + best runner-up qualify to League Cup R1 while 9 other runners-up + best 3rd place qualify to LC Prelim.

Knockout cups also have correspondingly more ties.

Edited by HibeeJibee

19 minutes ago, Gimme said:

I'm sure all will become clear in time but what happens if only 1 of the 3 conference winners are licensed, do they automatically play the SoS winners (presuming they are licenced) or will there still be a playoff to determine the overall 'winner' with the possibility of no EoS side progressing?

doesn't the EoS champion get a cup place? Assuming so, there needs to be a champion.

6 minutes ago, bendan said:

doesn't the EoS champion get a cup place? Assuming so, there needs to be a champion.

They do. Going by the tweets and the EoSFL press release the expectation is that the 3 Conference winners will playoff against each other to determine the overall champion. Who will then likely playoff against the SoS champion for promotion to the Lowland League.

Considering the East of Scotland League has trebled their membership overnight I think they have done the best they can for next season with the 3 conferences as well as the much expanded cups.

That Tele article is a bit of a bomb scare really after next season the leagues will settle down with clubs more or less in their right pecking order, as for the it could take all the junior clubs 25 years to get promoted whose to say that its going to be limited to one promotion spot for ever more.

I have to admit as someone who likes watching other games when my own side isn't playing i'm looking forward to watching some of the ex junior sides under their devils lanterns which some clubs have had for years but very rarely been able to use.

Some decent games in the cup draws will hopefully be able to watch the Haws v Spartans game if its on in a midweek things like that tie are what its all about for me teams who could have been playing each other years ago but stopped by an artificial barrier.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

muhammad-saeed-al-sahhaf.jpg     Tom-Johnston-Scottish-Junior-Cup.jpg

There are no Senior teams on the streets of Baghdad. Only Juniors. It is all lies by Al-Burnie Man. 

The report of Hibee Jibee driving a tank across the Tay Bridge to set up a NoSFL is entirely false. 

Hill of Beath Kurdistan have been told to give 12 months notice before seceding with all the oil. 

Long live Ayrshire!

1 hour ago, Gimme said:

I'd assume so, yep. Highest licensed side in the round robin to the playoff makes sense.

26 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Maybe see LL expand to 18 or 20 teams ?? Could be option if Wos happens and more join Eos giving maybe two auto promo places and a playoff for third ?? , 

Very unlikely, the Lowland always aimed for 16 clubs. 18 has given the Highland issues re scheduling this past season too!

I think ultimately we'll see a Lowland West and Lowland East in years to come, once sufficient numbers of clubs become licensed and most (if not all) Junior sides make the jump. This won't be possible for many years mind you!

Edited by Born To Run

1 hour ago, Gimme said:

I was also wondering that.  Am I not right in saying that LTHV won the league but couldn't get promoted?  I don't know if they took part in a play-off with the SoS champions but it would have seemed pointless.  Unless, of course, they beat the SoS champions who, if they were licenced, would have lost their own chance for promotion.  

Edited by th1stleandr0se

Just now, th1stleandr0se said:

I was also wondering that.  Am I not right in saying that LTHV won the league but couldn't get promoted?  I don't know if they took part in a play-off with the SoS champions but it would have seemed pointless.  Unless, of course, they beat the SoS who, if they were licenced, would have lost their own chance for promotion.  

The year before, Edusport went up automatically by winning the SoS as the EoS winner was unlicensed. Threave went down.

8 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

I think ultimately we'll see a Lowland West and Lowland East in years to come, once sufficient numbers of clubs become licensed and most (if not all) Junior sides make the jump. This won't be possible for many years mind you!

If the SPFL stays how they in terms of the league sizes, they're always going to be wary of an automatic relegation spot. A 3 region split at tier 5 could be the best compromise. 16 clubs get to step up to Tier 5 and the 4 way playoff with the 3 champions & Club 42 would likely see more variety in the winner while giving the SPFL a chance to avoid relegation.

44 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If the SPFL stays how they in terms of the league sizes, they're always going to be wary of an automatic relegation spot. A 3 region split at tier 5 could be the best compromise. 16 clubs get to step up to Tier 5 and the 4 way playoff with the 3 champions & Club 42 would likely see more variety in the winner while giving the SPFL a chance to avoid relegation.

That would be a mouthwatering end to future seasons........sign me up!