New clubs in the East of Scotland

Are there any new "local" derbies popping up in the conferences of note? Most the teams are fairly close together anyway but are there any particular close neighbours fighting for the first time?
Conf A:
Peebles v Penicuik - The Leadburn
Leith v Musselburgh - The Seaside
Tweedmouth v Dunbar - The A1

Conf B:
Dalkeith/Bonnyrigg v LTHV/Tynecastle - The resentful commuters having to go into the city on a non workday

Conf C:
Edu Utd v HWU - The city bypass classic

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Noticed this post by someone on St Andrews facebook , shows the travelling for league games compared to this season in the juniors. 

No automatic alt text available.

124 less, but 3 fewer games. Average per game is about 2 miles more, i.e. negligible.

Noticed this post by someone on St Andrews facebook , shows the travelling for league games compared to this season in the juniors. 
34857933_10156489448578307_317854719802343424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5924a92f2aad1af055ac5f0607df7e2a&oe=5BB0DDBB
Bonnyriggs average round trip in the league this season was 86 miles, with the sides in our conference this drops to 52 miles next season.

I'm strangely attracted to this one, maybe because I'm often driving down the A703.
Me too! I was really taken by Peebles in my first trip to their ground recently, a seven goal classic vs Tynecastle, with tackles going in all over the shop. I was pleased to see this pair reunited in the league cup.

20180509_194229.jpg20180509_210504.jpg

21 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No automatic alt text available.

I bet the EoS were pleased when their conference splitting system didn't put St Andrews/Jeanfield together with any Borders clubs!

To save me reading through 115 pages of posts, can someone confirm that there will be some sort of end of season play-offs between the three conference winners to crown an overall champion/

6 minutes ago, Dysart said:

To save me reading through 115 pages of posts, can someone confirm that there will be some sort of end of season play-offs between the three conference winners to crown an overall champion/

The answer has to be yes (in theory) as there must be a champion club to take part in the promotion play off with the champions of the South of Scotland League.

However this assumes that both the EoSL and the SoSFL champions are licensed.  Only one of the new clubs (Linlithgow Rose) were licensed as at 31 March 2018., but a reasonable number of them should be licensed by 31st March 2019.

44 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Well there hasn't been anything announced officially.

It has been announced officially in the EoS press release, conference champs face off in a round robin to determine the title winner.

E35E09CE-3690-4E3B-A3FD-30BDB1E22164.thumb.png.de8ff22fcb22155bc03d0cf86916eca2.png

Edited by Born To Run

Gonna be so hard to get to the LL now , hopefully a few more teams get up rather than the 1 at present in the future but one things for sure there will be a lot  of squeaky bums from spfl and LL now as this season is a game changer 

I hear what you're saying BUT...the Tier 5 to 6 drop isn't like Premier league to the Championship.  If you're regularly getting hosed it's no fun for players or fans.  I suspect Hawick RA will enjoy this coming season far more than last season despite having dropped down a division.

14 minutes ago, Golum said:

End of season playoff sounds great , nut not if the winners then have to have a play off v HL then another playoff v bottom of Div2

You're getting ahead of yourself. You can't go from EoS to SPFL2!

14 minutes ago, Golum said:

End of season playoff sounds great , nut not if the winners then have to have a play off v HL then another playoff v bottom of Div2

Think you’re getting confused! The winner of the EoS playoff, assuming no changes to relegation spots, has a one off tie vs the SoS winners to gain a Lowland spot.

The Lowland winners play the HL champs and Club 42.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Word is that it's only going to be one at least for now.

Hopefully that's wrong, its absurd that the LL would not go to 2 relegation places give the changes in the EoS.