New clubs in the East of Scotland

Accepting up to 3 clubs extra shouldn't be a problem, to not have 3 conferences with odd numbers. Obviously, some clubs might have made enquiries slightly earlier. We don't know what happened behind the scenes, maybe the EOS lobbied for 3 extra entrants to have 3 conferences of 14.

8 minutes ago, Marten said:

Accepting up to 3 clubs extra shouldn't be a problem, to not have 3 conferences with odd numbers. Obviously, some clubs might have made enquiries slightly earlier. We don't know what happened behind the scenes, maybe the EOS lobbied for 3 extra entrants to have 3 conferences of 14.

Finding 3 clubs at this stage is the problem.

Fauldhouse seem to be signing up players for next year, i'm sure EoS/Juniors would have been discussed and we'd have heard by now if EoS was happening. Tayport have been against a move, Whitburn are rumoured to still be considering a move to the West Region long term, Bathgate are supposedly okay with being in the South Division next year with the local games involved.

Most clubs now know or have an idea of what 2018-19 and 2019-20 will look like and for those on the Juniors side will be largely unaffected by remaining where they are for a year. If they even intend to move to the EoS at all.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Finding 3 clubs at this stage is the problem.

Fauldhouse seem to be signing up players for next year, i'm sure EoS/Juniors would have been discussed and we'd have heard by now if EoS was happening. Tayport have been against a move, Whitburn are rumoured to still be considering a move to the West Region long term, Bathgate are supposedly okay with being in the South Division next year with the local games involved.

Most clubs now know or have an idea of what 2018-19 and 2019-20 will look like and for those on the Juniors side will be largely unaffected by remaining where they are for a year. If they even intend to move to the EoS at all.

Yeah. My guess on Club 40 would maybe be Kennoway? Don’t have the long Junior history of some of the others and might be looking to carry on playing at a higher standard of league.

Just now, ShrimpLok said:

Yeah. My guess on Club 40 would maybe be Kennoway? Don’t have the long Junior history of some of the others and might be looking to carry on playing at a higher standard of league.

If the 38-39 clubs are considered to be Sauchie & Oakley, then Kennoway is one of the few clubs that it would make sense to apply. Last remaining Super League club from this year not to make the move.

They've just been awfully quiet on the subject. You'd have to go to down to 9th in the Premier League to find a South of Tay club (Glenrothes) that hasn't had any solid rumour or public decision about them.

9 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Yeah. My guess on Club 40 would maybe be Kennoway?

Agree it's suprising they didn't decide to change leagues with the rest, but they are from Fife rather than West Lothian. Think it's most likely to be a club with a recent history of playing Lithgae and Bo'ness in superleague derby games, so Bathgate and maybe Fauldhouse are the prime suspects.

I must say i had been for the idea of a pyramid for the last few season. I wish the junior clubs at that time the LL was created showed a little more foresight and engaged in the process earlier as it would have made for a stronger set up from the outset. Unfortunately that didnt happen and i did think we were only delaying the inevitable. 

Here we are a few years later and the tables have turned, i am happy and a little sad about leaving the juniors and in particular Scottish Junior Cup days (especially away).

I would like to wish all clubs well whether staying/going and look forward to next year with anticipation and belief we are moving in the right direction. Onto new grounds and new friends.

Wouldnt mind being in a conference with Lighty, Nitten & Boness though

46 minutes ago, Boomtown Boy said:

I must say i had been for the idea of a pyramid for the last few season. I wish the junior clubs at that time the LL was created showed a little more foresight and engaged in the process earlier as it would have made for a stronger set up from the outset. Unfortunately that didnt happen and i did think we were only delaying the inevitable. 

Here we are a few years later and the tables have turned, i am happy and a little sad about leaving the juniors and in particular Scottish Junior Cup days (especially away).

I would like to wish all clubs well whether staying/going and look forward to next year with anticipation and belief we are moving in the right direction. Onto new grounds and new friends.

Wouldnt mind being in a conference with Lighty, Nitten & Boness though

A bit like the west in denial but will come eventually. 

32 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Still feels a bit unreal.  Been a real rollercoaster ride to get to today.  Won't truly believe it until our application has been approved.

Looking forward to a new season more than ever!

Great Attitude to have ,  as a spectator i am looking forward to the fixtures and choosing to go along to numerous games this season 

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hearing Armadale are considering a late bid.

There's a couple of their fans on here been most vociferously against it.  Would love to see their faces if they put in a bid.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Hearing Armadale are considering a late bid.

I hope so!

Armadale has a Senior history and I seem to remember that, not so long ago, the Junior club was awarded funds by the local council to carry out works.