New clubs in the East of Scotland

17 minutes ago, lowenan said:

From the EOSFL website:

Membership Applications
The deadline date having now passed the East of Scotland Football League can confirm that a further thirteen clubs have applied to join with effect from Season 2018/2019. Provided that all applicants are accepted and all follow through with their applications we will have thirty nine clubs in membership and in that event the Board of the League will be recommending a three conference structure with thirteen clubs in each based on Season 2017/2018 finishing positions. In addition the League Cup will be seeded such that clubs will meet opponents from the other conferences.

So maybe space for say 3 late, late, applications to make up a neat 14 teams per conference?

27 minutes ago, lowenan said:

From the EOSFL website:

Membership Applications
The Board of the League will be recommending a three conference structure with thirteen clubs in each based on Season 2017/2018 finishing positions

This confuses me. does this mean the existing eos teams in 1 section, top 13 ersjfa in another and bottom 13 in another

or hawick go in a. lothian in b. preston in c etc etc

1 minute ago, Jamesw said:

This confuses me. does this mean the existing eos teams in 1 section, top 13 ersjfa in another and bottom 13 in another

or hawick go in a. lothian in b. preston in c etc etc

More likely the latter in order to have 3 conferences of roughly equal strength.

38 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...and they can use league cup sections to maintain local derbies

Presumably they'll go with 13 groups of 3, 13 group winners to League Cup main draw with 3 teams getting a bye to the Quarter Finals. 

Makes sense to allow teams matches against local rivals who don't end up in the same section. 

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:
6 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:
They are indeed! I find it highly embarrassing the way their club Twitter is run, abusing other players/ managers within the region, tweeting at people they disagree with that they're 'speaking shite', slagging off other clubs...... junior football clubs should be run as professionally as possible and I've no idea why someone at Lochee hasn't stepped in months ago to get the boy running the Twitter to stop using it to post his personal opinions rather than to promote the club.

You do realise the Twitter feed is run by their top man and ersjfa official do you not ?

In reference to the previous "talking shit Gavin" tweet, soon it'll be blamed on hackers...

On 5/30/2018 at 18:17, GordonS said:

Twelve months ago the East of Scotland Football League had 11 members, having lost one along the way, and let's be honest, apart from one or two none were capable of causing much trouble for larger clubs. It has now almost completely consumed the East Region Scottish Junior Football Association south of the Tay. 

Regardless of what happens from here or whether you think it's a good or bad thing, that's absolutely extraordinary, and possibly without precedent in non-league Scottish football since 1945.

I don't know how involved @HibeeJibee is with the EoS now - is he now in charge of fixtures in the Lowland League? - but I must say, credit to him for the work he done in the league these last few years, when few gave the EoS much hope of a future. Scottish fitba needs more younger blood running the game.

7 hours ago, Marten said:

I just cringe when I see the Twitter timeline of my local club Lochee United (which also might be  your local club judging by your profile?). I find that a big shame, as I do enjoy watching them and met plenty of friendly people there. I just can't understand the hatred...

We were all at the party together, it was good but not what it used to be and many had been a bit fed up with the playlist and stuff for ages. Just the same old stuff and you never knew when you're next shot at DJing was until the last minute. Then one of the hippest girls went along the street to a smaller but cooler party. Then a more ordinary fella went, but another top lad said he was going too. Suddenly the party didn't seem so much fun any more and everyone was looking around to see if others are going. A few boys and girls whispering in a corner quietly text their friends to see if they can come to the new party as well and get told "hey, come on in, the more the merrier, we've got a full playlist and a room for under 20s", and the old party looks a bit, well, shit.

But some folk can't go to the new party cos it's too far to get back. They've got to stay and watch the cerry oot and stuff and out of nowhere people are jumping over sofas and knocking over lamps to get the hell outta there and they're like "guys, c'mon, we've been at this party for ages together, what are we supposed to do now?"

And I'll be standing there at Forfar West End tomorrow (childcare permitting) thinking "emmmm, sorry about that. We'll send you a postcard from Tweedmouth."

Assuming the two making it 39 are Sauchie and Oakley, here's how the three conferences could look:

Snake splitting (i.e. 1-2-3,6-5-4,7-8-9 etc.):

Conference A Conference B Conference C
Hawick Royal Albert Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale Preston Athletic
Heriot-Watt University Tynecastle Leith Athletic
Peebles Rovers Burntisland Shipyard Stirling University Reserves
Ormiston Eyemouth United Coldstream
Tweedmouth Rangers Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic Linlithgow Rose
Broxburn Athletic Dundonald Bluebell Penicuik Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn Bo'ness United Camelon Juniors
Jeanfield Swifts Sauchie Juniors* Newtongrange Star
Musselburgh Athletic Haddington Athletic Blackburn United
St Andrews United Tranent Dunbar United
Arniston Rangers Dalkeith Thistle Edinburgh United
Craigroyston Crossgates Primrose Oakley United*
Easthouses Lily MW Dunipace Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

Sequential splitting (1-2-3, 4-5-6, 7-8-9 etc.):

Conference A Conference B Conference C
Hawick Royal Albert Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale Preston Athletic
Leith Athletic Tynecastle Heriot-Watt University
Peebles Rovers Burntisland Shipyard Stirling University Reserves
Coldstream Eyemouth United Ormiston
Tweedmouth Rangers Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic Linlithgow Rose
Penicuik Athletic Dundonald Bluebell Broxburn Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn Bo'ness United Camelon Juniors
Newtongrange Star Sauchie Juniors* Jeanfield Swifts
Musselburgh Athletic Haddington Athletic Blackburn United
Dunbar United Tranent St Andrews United
Arniston Rangers Dalkeith Thistle Edinburgh United
Oakley United* Crossgates Primrose Craigroyston
Easthouses Lily MW Dunipace Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Edited by Ginaro

In that example, B looks a lot stronger than A. Maybe better to put Tweedmouth as a bottom seed together with Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts & Dunipace?

Edited by Marten

10 minutes ago, Marten said:

In that example, B looks a lot stronger than A. Maybe better to put Tweedmouth as a bottom seed together with Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts & Dunipace?

Agreed.

17 minutes ago, Marten said:

Simple way to do that is have 2 sets. Set 1 =15 clubs (Hawick as 1, EOS 2-13 in order with Dunipace  14 & Inverkeithing 15)

Set 2 = 24 east juniors in order