New clubs in the East of Scotland

24 minutes ago, Marten said:

I just cringe when I see the Twitter timeline of my local club Lochee United (which also might be  your local club judging by your profile?). I find that a big shame, as I do enjoy watching them and met plenty of friendly people there. I just can't understand the hatred...

They are indeed! I find it highly embarrassing the way their club Twitter is run, abusing other players/ managers within the region, tweeting at people they disagree with that they're 'speaking shite', slagging off other clubs...... junior football clubs should be run as professionally as possible and I've no idea why someone at Lochee hasn't stepped in months ago to get the boy running the Twitter to stop using it to post his personal opinions rather than to promote the club.

Suspect we may even see another brief window of opportunity for more applications after their AGM next week.

I guess it's possible, agree and announce a league structure and allow a week or two for any spaces to be applied for. Clubs may see the final structures and choose to move. I half suspect their will be a few emails being sent to the E.o.S asking about any prospect of late entry with Linlithgow completing the exodus of the big teams, any teams waiting on confirmation of the big sides going will not have had time to react.

1 hour ago, Rooster20 said:

Ridiculous that they have said that as its patently false. I am lead to believe that every club that has applied will be accepted, the EoSFL wouldn't have extended the deadline had they wanted to stop the influx.

I don’t believe for a minute that they’d extend the deadline, then turn clubs away. Saying that you can’t blame them for scaremongering though, if something I was passionate about was being eroded away, I’d tell lies tae, it’s only natural. 

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...with Sauchie and Oakley also alleged to have applied and the outcome and real reason for Thornton's meeting on Monday still not fully clear.

Think Thorntons was to discuss what was going on in general and is it worth applying in this late dash or give it a year & see where everything is.

If you don't think you can be licensed in a year, there isn't too much to worry about in staying in what's left of the East & what you've always known.

21 minutes ago, kefc said:

TJ has been going round clubs telling them only 36 will be accepted to the EOS (I’m also led to believe that info is false), clubs have been told those who have resigned won’t get back into the Juniors and they have also been threatened with legal action as a years notice must be given, same tactic we faced last year.

Such a shame the leadership and communication couldn’t have been shown years earlier then we wouldn’t have this situation. In life you stand still you get shot, I’m afraid the SJFA as an orginasation have stood still for far too many years, leading to this situation.

TJ is on record just a few months ago he didn’t see Bonnyrigg leaving and didn’t see this situation happening, really!!! It was only a matter of time, ambitious clubs wanted to be part of the pyramid and Licencing, its the way forward to improve, a blind man could see it happening as the SJFA continued to disengage and put down the pyramid, it’s still being disrespected.

The continual bad mouthing, disrespect and slagging off at AGMs, regional meetings of Kelty, the EOS and the LL which has continued right through the past 14 months which now includes the other clubs leaving it does give a very strong sign the guys in charge still have no respect for the pyramid and Licencing. Some clubs obviously do respect the pyramid and Licencing and are sick being held back.

Its not nice to see and obviously no one takes takes pleasure into what’s happening but the blame doesn’t lie with the clubs for wanting to better themselves in a better run setup nor does it lie with the LL who have evolved very well over the years, the EOS is now beginning to evolve.

The continual refusal to engage in the pyramid and Licencing  from the start up years ago and the failings of fixture lists, youth leagues, floodlights and continual non sensical decisions etc. have now caught up with the Junior grade certainly in the East.

The football will be the same, same entry price, same clubs, same grounds, same players, same derbies, same team colours but instead of the weekly fixture chaos, the poor marketing, the no set standards at facilities, the no midweek games under lights, the 3 games a week for 2 months clubs now have a setup with no glass ceiling, a chance to be Licenced  and an end to most of the problems they faced in Junior football.

Its scandalous that some clubs are being vilified for their actions, especially from those at the top of the SJFA.

The inaction of the SJFA East Region has now caught up with them and they are throwing their toys out of the pram. Obviously, the SJFA missed a huge chance when the LL got formed to become the feeder into the LL/HL at tier 7 and swallowing up the EOS/SOS in the process. But even after Kelty's move, when this situation should have been foreseen, they could have shown some initiative. This whole shambles could have been prevented if early on a merger of EOS / SJFA East has been agreed (with an agreement for Tayside clubs to go north or something like that). After this season, the 12 East Superleague clubs south of the Tay + 13 EOS clubs + the 7 best East Premier clubs south of the Tay could have formed a 32 team EOS in 2 parallel divisions, splitting into EOS Premier / First Division after one season. The remaining clubs + new applicants (Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts / Dunipace) could have formed a north & south division with the best 2 teams of each going into the new EOS First Division (and the bottom 2 of both parallel EOS leagues going to north/south). In that way you'd have an orderly changeover and clubs in the north/south division would hardly have noticed a change other than north of Tay clubs being replaced by weaker clubs currently in the EOS.

But such a proposal was clearly far too much common sense for TJ...

10 minutes ago, Slaverysam said:

Well that’s the date passed and l reliably hear 39 clubs have applied with recommendation all are excepted.

Is that 39 ADDITIONAL to the existing 13, or does it include the 13?

That would fit Newtongrange, St Andrews, Dundonald, Broxburn, Bo'ness, Lithgae, Jeanfield, plus 2 more yet to officially announce who may or may not be Sauchie and Oakley. Guess 3 x 13 would be the format and they might want to open it up again to try to nudge that up to 3 x 14 or beyond.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That would fit Newtongrange, St Andrews, Dundonald, Broxburn, Bo'ness, Lithgae, Jeanfield, plus 2 more yet to officially announce who may or may not be Sauchie and Oakley. Guess 3 x 13 would be the format and they might want to open it up again to try to nudge that up to 3 x 14 or beyond.

At 39 they’ve passed the point where 3 Leagues are definitely needed so no incentive to restrict further applications and stay at two leagues.

Any stragglers will need to get a move on and apply before the AGM though. 

From the EOSFL website:

Membership Applications
The deadline date having now passed the East of Scotland Football League can confirm that a further thirteen clubs have applied to join with effect from Season 2018/2019. Provided that all applicants are accepted and all follow through with their applications we will have thirty nine clubs in membership and in that event the Board of the League will be recommending a three conference structure with thirteen clubs in each based on Season 2017/2018 finishing positions. In addition the League Cup will be seeded such that clubs will meet opponents from the other conferences.