New clubs in the East of Scotland

3 hours ago, Jamesw said:

38 teams?

12 EOS and hawick makes 13

23 ersjfa teams and dunipace and swifts is 25

Bonnyrigg. Lithgae. Penicuik. Bluebell. Broxburn. HoB. Bo’ness. Camelon. Nitten. Sauchie. Jeanfield. Mussie. Haddington. Blackburn. Tranent. Dunbar. St Andrews. Arniston. Dalkeith. Edinburgh. Crossgates. Craigroyston. Easthouses. 

Thornton Hibs ??

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

I was referring to the last bit in that post - it's in the EoSFL Constitution that they cover Edinburgh, Lothians, Borders, Fife and Stirlingshire. So they've already accepted a club from outside the area in the own rules.

That's their mission statement, not a rule. They've had clubs from outside in the past.

The EOS revolution is , as folks have said, a fantastic and unique opportunity. For me, the opportunity is uncoupling lost local derbies from league structure; and creating new ones. Some clubs did progress, and wonderful derbies that fans loved were lost; and some never came to be! Thinking Dunbar, Tweedmouth, Eyemouth, Coldstream, Haddington, Hawick, Tranent, Musselburgh, Preston, Peebles, Dalkeith, Easthouses, Newtongrange.
I'm sure the best local mixes would be subject for debate across the other regions, but as so few clubs will truly aspire to promotion quickly, the emphasis should be on attractive fixtures the players and fans will want to be involved in. The top clubs will progress no matter the structure.

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't see a change to the SPFL42/HL/LL playoff until the SPFL sort their new tv deal. Which I believe kicks in summer 2020.

Which is good timing from a pyramid point of view as the LL would have a decent mix of old guard seniors & juniors.

Problem is the SPFL pursuing their own agenda. Colts, 12-12-18 tabled again are things that get rumoured around the tv deal gossip.

12-16-16 would be better, with the addition of the Highland and Lowland champions (44 clubs)

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

12-16-16 would be better, with the addition of the Highland and Lowland champions (44 clubs)

This is the 12-12 into 8-8-8  split with a third tier of 18 traditional double round robin that keeps being mentioned. As there are still those running the game that think that's a money spinner, especially as it doesn't have the taint of getting Rangers up the leagues quicker.

This is the 12-12 into 8-8-8  split with a third tier of 18 traditional double round robin that keeps being mentioned. As there are still those running the game that think that's a money spinner, especially as it doesn't have the taint of getting Rangers up the leagues quicker.

The 8-8-8 split is a horrible idea. Fine for the top 8 but a pest for everybody else.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

The 8-8-8 split is a horrible idea. Fine for the top 8 but a pest for everybody else.

Which is why it was quite rightly shot down. Unfortunately Doncaster & Co might well see £££ in it because they only care about the top 8. They're probably overly excited by the prospect of OF, Edinburgh & Dundee derbies all in the Top 8 with Aberdeen +1  making up the numbers.

Which is why it was quite rightly shot down. Unfortunately Doncaster & Co might well see £££ in it because they only care about the top 8. They're probably overly excited by the prospect of OF, Edinburgh & Dundee derbies all in the Top 8 with Aberdeen +1  making up the numbers.

Yeah I know. I’m very much a fan of a 14 team top league with a 6/8 or 8/6 split. Does near enough the same as the 8-8-8 and the current set up without uneven Home/Away fixtures. 14-10-18 would be my ideal eventual set up for the SPLF once we see proper relegation out the bottom of it.

Genuinely concerned for the well-being of the poor guy who runs the 'ScottishJuniorFitba' twitter, some utterly bizarre and contradictory comments coming from him; absolute toys out the pram stuff :unsure:

I didn't realise how much bitterness there was flying about towards football clubs in the East, many of who are simply trying to better themselves and progress.

Tweets that 'people don't want to read anything they just want to be right all the time' and seems to be furious that people like myself who don't go to watch junior fitba every week have an opinion. It's quite clear going by a whole host of other comments on his Twitter that they themselves haven't actually read what the EoS will offer properly and why clubs are looking to move over. It's incredible to see such a lack of basic understanding of why this is happening, and even if you completely disagree with it (anyone is entitled to do so obviously) surely you must understanding why it is happening, to not to do is incredibly naive.

The guy actually retweets someone saying that he holds Linlithgow stop the trend, that the junior game needs them etc. then retweets someone else a few hours later saying that any club who is knocked back from EoS shouldn't be allowed back in the juniors, f**k them etc. :lol: Make yer mind up.....

It amazes me that someone like myself, an outsider, can take an interest, keep up to date and read up on why this is happening, what the EoS offers, how the EoS might plausibly run next year, look at what the SJFA in the east have/ haven't offered clubs over the year and what they've done to try and keep them when people within the junior grade can't even look at the basic facts/ read up on things before shouting their mouths off. The fact we have a manager of a relatively big club in the east who didn't even understand where money was/ wasn't coming from for clubs joining the EoS is extremely worrying..... how can you be so misinformed/ not aware of the absolute basics? How can people make an informed decision/ have an informed opinion when they are struggling with the absolute basic facts. :blink: 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the amount of bullshit, naivety and sheer lack of understanding being shown in some quarters is incredible to me. There's also a very WATJ (We Are The Juniors) Rangers esque attitude from some areas.... 'how dare they leave us, we are the best most unique grade of football in the world, WE ARE THE JUNIORS!!!!111!!!'.

In fairness, I do think it's fairly unique to have an organisation who, despite it being an ongoing issue for years and being brought up by member clubs time and time again, cannot organise a basic fixture list in 2018. The attitude that the member clubs in the east should just have accepted this, shut their puss and got on with it for the sake of the grade or whatever is absurd.

I should briefly add that I'm a huge fan of the juniors, I'm disappointed in a sense with how things have gone and I'm very worried for the future for the Tayside clubs (my region) and the club I look out for the most, Broughty Athletic. I fear that going forward Broughty will be definitely be playing at a lower standard regardless of what happens, which is very disappointing and there are multiple worries in terms of leagues/ regions/ glass ceiling for Tayside clubs etc. However, I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram and blame the teams who are leaving for putting Broughty in this position; they have to look out for themselves and do what they feel is best for their club. I wish all teams moving to/ hoping to move to EoS league the best of luck, and hope things can be resolved 'North of the Tay' as soon as possible.

They tweeted last night claiming they’d heard that many of the Junior clubs EOSL applications are going to be rejected. I replied asking if they’d really heard that, or if they were just scaremongering, to which I got a double tweet, petulant, totally-in-the-huff reply! [emoji1]

The point this person is totally missing, or is choosing to ignore, is that absolutely none of the clubs applying to the EOSL want to see the Juniors die on their collective arses. Unfortunately that’s how it is though in the short-term, and a move to the EOSL is equally as much about sustainability and survival in the long term as it is about ambition. Very much a case of ‘needs-must’ for many.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

They tweeted last night claiming they’d heard that many of the Junior clubs EOSL applications are going to be rejected. I replied asking if they’d really heard that, or if were they just scaremongering, to which I got a double tweet, petulant, totally-in-the-huff reply! emoji1.png

The point this person is totally missing, or is choosing to ignore, is that absolutely none of the clubs applying to the EOSL want to see the Juniors die on their collective arses. Unfortunately that’s how it is though in the short-term, and a move to the EOSL is equally as much about sustainability and survival in the long term as it is about ambition. Very much a case of ‘needs-must’ for many.

Ridiculous that they have said that as its patently false. I am lead to believe that every club that has applied will be accepted, the EoSFL wouldn't have extended the deadline had they wanted to stop the influx.

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

Genuinely concerned for the well-being of the poor guy who runs the 'ScottishJuniorFitba' twitter, some utterly bizarre and contradictory comments coming from him; absolute toys out the pram stuff :unsure:

I didn't realise how much bitterness there was flying about towards football clubs in the East, many of who are simply trying to better themselves and progress.

Tweets that 'people don't want to read anything they just want to be right all the time' and seems to be furious that people like myself who don't go to watch junior fitba every week have an opinion. It's quite clear going by a whole host of other comments on his Twitter that they themselves haven't actually read what the EoS will offer properly and why clubs are looking to move over. It's incredible to see such a lack of basic understanding of why this is happening, and even if you completely disagree with it (anyone is entitled to do so obviously) surely you must understanding why it is happening, to not to do is incredibly naive.

The guy actually retweets someone saying that he holds Linlithgow stop the trend, that the junior game needs them etc. then retweets someone else a few hours later saying that any club who is knocked back from EoS shouldn't be allowed back in the juniors, f**k them etc. :lol: Make yer mind up.....

It amazes me that someone like myself, an outsider, can take an interest, keep up to date and read up on why this is happening, what the EoS offers, how the EoS might plausibly run next year, look at what the SJFA in the east have/ haven't offered clubs over the year and what they've done to try and keep them when people within the junior grade can't even look at the basic facts/ read up on things before shouting their mouths off. The fact we have a manager of a relatively big club in the east who didn't even understand where money was/ wasn't coming from for clubs joining the EoS is extremely worrying..... how can you be so misinformed/ not aware of the absolute basics? How can people make an informed decision/ have an informed opinion when they are struggling with the absolute basic facts. :blink: 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the amount of bullshit, naivety and sheer lack of understanding being shown in some quarters is incredible to me. There's also a very WATJ (We Are The Juniors) Rangers esque attitude from some areas.... 'how dare they leave us, we are the best most unique grade of football in the world, WE ARE THE JUNIORS!!!!111!!!'.

In fairness, I do think it's fairly unique to have an organisation who, despite it being an ongoing issue for years and being brought up by member clubs time and time again, cannot organise a basic fixture list in 2018. The attitude that the member clubs in the east should just have accepted this, shut their puss and got on with it for the sake of the grade or whatever is absurd.

I should briefly add that I'm a huge fan of the juniors, I'm disappointed in a sense with how things have gone and I'm very worried for the future for the Tayside clubs (my region) and the club I look out for the most, Broughty Athletic. I fear that going forward Broughty will be definitely be playing at a lower standard regardless of what happens, which is very disappointing and there are multiple worries in terms of leagues/ regions/ glass ceiling for Tayside clubs etc. However, I'm not going to throw my toys out the pram and blame the teams who are leaving for putting Broughty in this position; they have to look out for themselves and do what they feel is best for their club. I wish all teams moving to/ hoping to move to EoS league the best of luck, and hope things can be resolved 'North of the Tay' as soon as possible.

Fully agreed, well put. As I've said before, as a relative newcomer to Scottish football I don't follow a particular team but just watch football across the board. I've been to games in the LL, EOS, East Superleague, East Premier League and every division in the SPFL with a bunch of cup tournaments thrown in as well. The East Superleague is actually the competition where I've seen the most games. I've had insulting replies just for saying that I simply can't see any real difference between junior football and other non-league football or that I support the pyramid while I also enjoy watching the juniors. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll still hop between SPFL. senior and junior football next season just like I've done this season. That disrespect and the insults thrown around is not needed and painful to see. I just cringe when I see the Twitter timeline of my local club Lochee United (which also might be  your local club judging by your profile?). I find that a big shame, as I do enjoy watching them and met plenty of friendly people there. I just can't understand the hatred...

1 minute ago, Rooster20 said:

Ridiculous that they have said that as its patently false. I am lead to believe that every club that has applied will be accepted, the EoSFL wouldn't have extended the deadline had they wanted to stop the influx.

They had 30 at that point, so why would they push further if they were really concerned about going past the original plan of 2 x 16? They already had two in the pipeline for the following season in the shape of Clydebank and Dundonald to round things off at 32, if that number was critical in some way. The obvious explanation for why they extended the deadline past March 31st in the first place was because they wanted to entice all the remaining south of the Tay superleague clubs to apply to kill off the east region as a competitor for tier 6 status after Tom Johnston announced his collective junior entry plan. Suspect we may even see another brief window of opportunity for more applications after their AGM next week.

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

Genuinely concerned for the well-being of the poor guy who runs the 'ScottishJuniorFitba' twitter, some utterly bizarre and contradictory comments coming from him; absolute toys out the pram stuff 

Spare a thought for the welfare of his keyboard and monitor, which are probably lying in bits in his garden this morning having bounced off every wall in the house last night. 

The guy was absolutely SEETHING.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They had 30 at that point, so why would they push further if they were really concerned about going past the original plan of 2 x 16? They already had two in the pipeline for the following season in the shape of Clydebank and Dundonald to round things off at 32, if that number was critical in some way. The obvious explanation for why they extended the deadline past March 31st in the first place was because they wanted to entice all the remaining south of the Tay superleague clubs to apply to kill off the east region as a competitor for tier 6 status after Tom Johnston announced his collective junior entry plan. Suspect we may even see another brief window of opportunity for more applications after their AGM next week.

Exactly, makes the idea that there is a magical cut off number that the EoSFL can't pass to be a desperate scare tactic