New clubs in the East of Scotland

28 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

40 would be a good number to work with...

2018/19 = 3  x T6 conferences of 14/14/12

Then

2019/20 = T6 Premier League of 16 teams and 2 x T7 conferences of 12/12... plus any newcomers

26 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

If 40 I'd like to see 4 x 10 and then split into groups of 4 for a further 6 matches to determine placings over the entire 40 team division. 

11 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

42 is ideal number 3x14

8 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Or 48... 3x16? 

One way or another it's a great problem to have, looking forward to seeing how it all takes shape!

Getting all...

maxresdefault.jpg

vlcsnap-00150.jpg?w=646

26 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Or 48... 3x16? 

One way or another it's a great problem to have, looking forward to seeing how it all takes shape!

A good suggestion!

This also needs to be supported by the SPFL granting automatic promotion to the winners of the Highland and Lowland champions play off -  thereby replacing automatically the bottom club in the Scottish League. 

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Clydebank are in the SFA's Lowland League region. Tayside clubs are in the Highland region ('catchment' area)

I was referring to the last bit in that post - it's in the EoSFL Constitution that they cover Edinburgh, Lothians, Borders, Fife and Stirlingshire. So they've already accepted a club from outside the area in the own rules.

The HL/LL line only relates to clubs relegated from the SPFL to the LL, btw, it's not strictly applicable to the EoS.

55 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

@davidstoker_lfc
 15h15 hours ago
More
Replying to @cyoungy11
Hearing that Fauldhouse and Whitburn are looking to go to the West Region

It's also a case of where would an East club fit?. Talk that a revived Stonehouse replacing Dunipace. That's 4x16 region wide leagues. Doesn't seem a spot for them, not for 2018/19 at any rate.

20 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

Tayport Statement

http://www.tayportfc.org/item.php?pg=news&pd=1002&it=2471

"With regard to next season , we believe there are now 25 applicants from the East Region applying/leaving for the East of Scotland League."

We are not one of these clubs.

25 ERJFA applicants + 12 EOS + 1LL + 1WRJFA + 1 Youth = 40   The magic 40!!!

Who is the additional club that we have not identified?

32 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Missing club ?

I am sure that there were 13 clubs in the EoSL last season, not 12 as you suggest. You may not have counted both ex-owland clubs Preston Athletic (relegated in 2016/17 with no promotee) and Hawick Royal Albert (relegated in 2016/17, but numerically cancelled out by Kelty's promotion),  or Tweedmouth Rangers (new member last year) ? 

Any more ?

38 teams?

12 EOS and hawick makes 13

23 ersjfa teams and dunipace and swifts is 25

Bonnyrigg. Lithgae. Penicuik. Bluebell. Broxburn. HoB. Bo’ness. Camelon. Nitten. Sauchie. Jeanfield. Mussie. Haddington. Blackburn. Tranent. Dunbar. St Andrews. Arniston. Dalkeith. Edinburgh. Crossgates. Craigroyston. Easthouses. 

As i mentioned on junior thread dont take tayport statement as an accurate count

13 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Missing club ?

I am sure that there were 13 clubs in the EoSL last season, not 12 as you suggest. You may not have counted both ex-owland clubs Preston Athletic (relegated in 2016/17 with no promotee) and Hawick Royal Albert (relegated in 2016/17, but numerically cancelled out by Kelty's promotion),  or Tweedmouth Rangers (new member last year) ? 

Any more ?

He said 12 EOS (13 clubs last season less Kelty) + 1 LL (Hawick), so that looks correct to me.

11 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Missing club ?

Any more ?

I excluded Kelty hence 12 in the EoSL + Hawick from the LL. My interpretation for next season.

3 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

38 teams?

Bonnyrigg. Lithgae. Penicuik. Bluebell. Broxburn. HoB. Bo’ness. Camelon. Nitten. Sauchie. Jeanfield. Mussie. Haddington. Blackburn. Tranent. Dunbar. St Andrews. Arniston. Dalkeith. Edinburgh. Crossgates. Craigroyston. Easthouses. 

An Oakley United poster on here stated that his club had applied and Thornton Hibs had a meeting on Monday that probably wasn't about pie prices. That's the obvious way to get to 40 at this point.

Just now, Marten said:

He said 12 EOS (13 clubs last season less Kelty) + 1 LL (Hawick), so that looks correct to me.

The 13 EoSL clubs for next season are:

Preston Ath    LTHV    Leith    Tynecastle    HW University    Coldstream    Stirling Uni (Eos)    Eyemouth,    Peebles    Ormiston    Burntisland    Tweedmouth    and Hawick replacing Kelty   (13)

4 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

38 teams?

I thought that someone mentioned that Oakley United had applied? If so then 24 ERSJFA clubs applied up to now plus any which might have kept under the radar so far.  Total 39.

Maybe the "missing one" is one of Thornton Hibs or Kennoway Star Hearts?

I have a hunch that Armadale will surprise us. Nothing to back that up whatsoever!

3 hours ago, rob from round the corner said:

A good suggestion!

This also needs to be supported by the SPFL granting automatic promotion to the winners of the Highland and Lowland champions play off -  thereby replacing automatically the bottom club in the Scottish League. 

I agree.  After the remaining East pyramid 'realignment', and entry for the West juniors, are both  sorted out, automatic promotion for the Highland/Lowland winners is essential, and should replace the current play-off system with club 42.  One automatic pyramid promotion slot is enough for now, reviewed after say 5 years. 

Do you agree ?

I don't see a change to the SPFL42/HL/LL playoff until the SPFL sort their new tv deal. Which I believe kicks in summer 2020.

Which is good timing from a pyramid point of view as the LL would have a decent mix of old guard seniors & juniors.

Problem is the SPFL pursuing their own agenda. Colts, 12-12-18 tabled again are things that get rumoured around the tv deal gossip.