New clubs in the East of Scotland

5 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Why would a club not move because they will not meet the licence criteria? There has been no mention of licencing being a requirement for tier 6 right now and that would be a longer term ambition but wouldn't be brought in straight away. Clubs will have time to bring their facilities up to scratch, and for entry level licencing it isn't really a massive task that will costs lots of money...

Right now you're looking at mainly fife and tayside clubs left undeclared. They've got the relative certainty of playing against local teams of a similar standard and don't have to go to the EoS and ??? No one right this second knows exactly what the EoS will look like, how it will be seeded.

If you're a East Premier or East North/South Division team you can likely enter into the EoS at a similar level to what you've been used to in the East Region, so for them there's no real rush.

14 minutes ago, Robert James said:

From your listing, if Linlithgow and Sauchie apply and all the late applicants are accepted, it makes 38 clubs. The 2x18 conference is therefore the best outcome, with a reduction in cup games to free up dates

2 sections would make things simpler. Its just the number of games that leagues that large can cause, look at the backlog that LTHV had this year. It might be something they'd rather steer clear of if they can.

Spot on. So I must try harder..............................
Regarding my geography 'skills', Tweedmouth is over the national boundary, but so is Berwick
Also Sauchie is in Clackmannan, which is south of the Highland/Lowland boundary, but isn't specified by the EoSL as being within its area
Not sure by your responses, but fur avoidance of doubt I was only teasing. An easy mistake to make with all the numbers flying around of late. I wasn't seriously questioning your maths abilities. :)

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

It was initially mooted as 2x13, which presented the same problem, albeit with less games to squeeze in which changes things slightly.

That said, my initial impression of the EoS is that there are very good, very clever people in charge, concentrated on the best outcome for all member clubs (big or small) and happy to consider new and out of the box ideas to make this all work for the long term, even if that means a transitional season.

I've every faith that regardless of the final number of teams there will be a solution and I can't remember the last time I found myself looking forward to a season as much as I am next.

Yep, and EoSL attendances will increase for league games as compared with 2017/18, is  my prediction.

Maybe my naive thinking :-) I would have thought the reason to join the eosfl (fixtures, 20s included) was to progress your club and see how far you could take things in the Senior ranks... Not because you didn't  want left behind. 

And to be fair I was meaning the amount of clubs choosing to remain junior because they don't meet licence criteria, they have either misunderstood the set up or have been misled from someone, somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Not sure by your responses, but fur avoidance of doubt I was only teasing. An easy mistake to make with all the numbers flying around of late. I wasn't seriously questioning your maths abilities. :)

I was joking Gaz...........received in the spirit intended, and absolutely no offence taken. 

I don't do insults, nor respond to them, but I do enjoy a bit of humour.  

I was joking Gaz...........received in the spirit intended, and absolutely no offence taken. 
I don't do insults, nor respond to them, but I do enjoy a bit of humour.  
[emoji106]

The rapid desertion of the East Juniors into the East of Scotland League has been remarkable and historical. It is a brave decision by all clubs concerned taking such a leap into the unknown.  Many jumped at the last minute but fair play to them, it's where they're at now that matters. The bubble of isolation that the Juniors seemed to be contained in has finally burst. Perhaps, that bubble was not so splendid after all. Never got the 'grade' mentality. Football is not like rugby with its union and league differences, football is the one and same  sport regardless of level or organisation. Just seemed like an unnecessary division, like building a wall that will eventually crumble. The biggest surprise for me was that it took so long.  Integration of the Juniors should've happened decades ago. Better late than never though.

The EoSFL put their own existence at stake by supporting the Lowland League in 2013.  Like many others I didn't think they would survive in the long term.  How wrong I was. Their come back has been amazing, and so has their spirit of accommodation. The SJFA and the SFA could learn from them on how to run their respective organisations.

Now that the east has more or less gone what are the chances of a West of Scotland League actually being set up? Compared to the east the west seems to be asleep. Do you think they will wake up and go for it, or place their future in the hands of that TJ fella? Imo, if they opt for the latter I get the feeling it could drag on for years as delaying tactics without any real strategy seems to be the way of the SJFA leadership.

It's slightly ambiguous AFAICS.

Put factually, they're (literally 100yds) south of the Tay, and are south of HL/LL demarcation line of latitude. However they're outwith the territory over which EOSL claims dominion in constitution/mission statement: "Edinburgh, the Lothians, the Borders, Fife and Stirlingshire".
So are Clydebank, but they've already been accepted.

If there is say 37 applicants maybe Stirling Uni will be told to remove their reserve team. Now that its basically going to be an all encompassing pyramid for the East I can't see a place for reserve sides especially is the choice is between them and Linlithgow for example.

Linlithgow Rose F.C.
@LRFC1889
EoS League Application:
For clarification, the club submitted an application to join the EoS League earlier this week. A meeting with club members had already been arranged for Monday 4th June and will go ahead as planned in line with the club's constitution.

42 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

If there is say 37 applicants maybe Stirling Uni will be told to remove their reserve team. Now that its basically going to be an all encompassing pyramid for the East I can't see a place for reserve sides especially is the choice is between them and Linlithgow for example.

I think a strong case can be made for Stirling University to format their reserve team into a separate team to overcome this scenario.

Options such as "Stirling University Academy", "Stirling University Development" or "Team Stirling" come to mind.  There are now a number of examples in England of reserve teams being reconstituted in this way and even entering the FA Cup and FA Vase.

48 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

I've suggested something similar in the past. However it wouldn't be a case of being told, more a case of either being asked or them deciding.

It's possible that with all the changes & increased numbers in 20s/development league Stirling might prefer that. An existing member that's helped keep the EoS alive isn't just going to be kicked out.

Especially as Stirling have a better chance of being an EoS club in 5 years and Linlithgow could be one and done.

5 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I think a strong case can be made for Stirling University to format their reserve team into a separate team to overcome this scenario.

Options such as "Stirling University Academy", "Stirling University Development" or "Team Stirling" come to mind.  There are now a number of examples in England of reserve teams being reconstituted in this way and even entering the FA Cup and FA Vase.

A good idea as there is no way Stirling University Reserves would be kicked out of the EoSL, as they have been regular participants during the EoSL's difficult survival period.  They also play at Glannochy Sports Complex, which the Uni 1st XI doesn't use.

By the way,  are Stirling Uni changing their ground next season, as Shire have moved into the Falkirk Stadium ?

9 hours ago, GordonS said:
12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's slightly ambiguous AFAICS.

Put factually, they're (literally 100yds) south of the Tay, and are south of HL/LL demarcation line of latitude. However they're outwith the territory over which EOSL claims dominion in constitution/mission statement: "Edinburgh, the Lothians, the Borders, Fife and Stirlingshire".

So are Clydebank, but they've already been accepted.

Clydebank are in the SFA's Lowland League region. Tayside clubs are in the Highland region ('catchment' area)

A good idea as there is no way Stirling University Reserves would be kicked out of the EoSL, as they have been regular participants during the EoSL's difficult survival period.  They also play at Glannochy Sports Complex, which the Uni 1st XI doesn't use.
By the way,  are Stirling Uni changing their ground next season, as Shire have moved into the Falkirk Stadium ?
Back to Forthbank I'd guess.

19 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I've suggested something similar in the past. However it wouldn't be a case of being told, more a case of either being asked or them deciding.

It's possible that with all the changes & increased numbers in 20s/development league Stirling might prefer that. An existing member that's helped keep the EoS alive isn't just going to be kicked out.

Especially as Stirling have a better chance of being an EoS club in 5 years and Linlithgow could be one and done.

Sauchie and Oakleyhave applied so think 37 won' be a problem looks like 39 or more

12 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Sauchie and Oakleyhave applied so think 37 won' be a problem looks like 39 or more

Until the music stops there's still the potential there's a number that would be awkward & made easier by removing one club.

The concept of reserve sides in the pyramid is maybe something people should get accustomed to though. Stirling Uni probably attract a higher calibre of player into their system by offering the highest standard of football possible at a given level. They even run at least one side in the amateurs. For other clubs it will suit them as well.

13 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

40 would be a good number to work with...

2018/19 = 3  x T6 conferences of 14/14/12

Then

2019/20 = T6 Premier League of 16 teams and 2 x T7 conferences of 12/12... plus any newcomers

Just now, Che Dail said:

40 would be a good number to work with...

2018/19 = 3  x T6 conferences of 14/14/12

Then

2019/20 = T6 Premier League of 16 teams and 2 x T7 conferences of 12/12... plus any newcomers

If 40 I'd like to see 4 x 10 and then split into groups of 4 for a further 6 matches to determine placings over the entire 40 team division.