New clubs in the East of Scotland

7 hours ago, bendan said:

They've had the AGM?

No, it was from its EGM.

Purely as speculation on my part, and based upon 2017/18 standings, I have seeded the EoS clubs as follows 

1st seeds  -  Bonnyrigg Rose,  LTHV  (2)

2nd seeds  -  Hill of Beith ,  Camelon,  Hawick RA,   Preston Ath,  Musselburgh,  Haddington,  Leith Ath,  Peebles,  Tranent,  Tynecastle,  Blackburn,  Dalkeith  (12)  

3rd seeds  -   Heriot Watt Uni,  Dunipace,  Burnt Island,  Edinburgh Utd,  Stirling Uni (EoS),  Coldstream,  Crossgates,   Eyemouth,  Easthouses Lily,   Ormiston   (10)

4th seeds  -  Tweedmouth,  Inverkeithing HS  (2)

Each "conference" would therefore have the following range of  clubs from these  seedings :

*  i from 1st tier   +   6 from 2nd tier   +    5 from 3rd tier   +     1 from 4th tier   =   13  clubs for each "conference"   (clubs drawn by lots, not selected)

NB   I have not included Craigroyston, as the EoS has not confirmed its late application (nor named any other clubs as yet)..

.My estimation..........just for fun  !

9 hours ago, Robert James said:

No, it was from its EGM.

Purely as speculation on my part, and based upon 2017/18 standings, I have seeded the EoS clubs as follows 

2nd seeds  -  Hill of Beith ,  Camelon,  Hawick RA,   Preston Ath,  Musselburgh,  Haddington,  Leith Ath,  Peebles,  Tranent,  Tynecastle,  Blackburn,  Dalkeith  (12)  

3rd seeds  -   Heriot Watt Uni,  Dunipace,  Burnt Island,  Edinburgh Utd,  Stirling Uni (EoS),  Coldstream,  Crossgates,   Eyemouth,  Easthouses Lily,   Ormiston   (10)

Each "conference" would therefore have the following range of  clubs from these  seedings :

*  i from 1st tier   +   6 from 2nd tier   +    5 from 3rd tier   +     1 from 4th tier   =   13  clubs for each "conference"   (clubs drawn by lots, not selected)

NB   I have not included Craigroyston, as the EoS has not confirmed its late application (nor named any other clubs as yet)..

That looks like a pretty fair assessment to me although Heriot Watt finished above Peebles but only by one point

9 hours ago, Robert James said:

No, it was from its EGM.

1st seeds  -  Bonnyrigg Rose, Eyemouth, LTHV  (2)

3rd seeds  -   Heriot Watt Uni,  Dunipace,  Burnt Island,  Edinburgh Utd,  Stirling Uni (EoS),  Coldstream,  Crossgates, Easthouses Lily,   Ormiston   (10)

That’s a fair shout, although I’d personally prefer a tier 7, that won’t happen though 

47 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

That’s a fair shout, although I’d personally prefer a tier 7, that won’t happen though 

An EoS tier 7 will happen in 2019/20, by combining the 2 bottom halves of the temporary "Conferences".

The question then becomes, will there be a new  tier 8 for subsequent new entrants, or will there be 2 divisions, both at tier 7,   set up as North & South divisions ? Would the clubs want a geographical alignment on an on-going basis ? 

Edited by Robert James

More straightforward would be;

1 Bonnyrigg, 2 Hill of Beath, 1 Camelon, 2 Musselburgh, 1 Haddington, 2 Blackburn etc

2 Hawick RA 1 LTHV, 2 Leith Ath, 1 Preston Ath, 2 Tynecastle, 1 Peebles etc

1’s go into one section, 2’s go into the other, or a variance of that basic principle, with a bit of tweeking to try and get as many local derbies as possible without upsetting the balance.

40 minutes ago, Robert James said:

An EoS tier 7 will happen in 2019/20, by combining the 2 bottom halves of the temporary "Conferences".

The question then becomes, will there be a new  tier 8 for subsequent new entrants, or will there be 2 divisions, both at tier 7,   set up as North & South divisions ? Would the clubs want a geographical alignment on an on-going basis ? 

If there are more new entrants in 2019-20 then having two divisions at Tier 7 avoids clubs like Bo’ness and Linlithgow having to be placed at Tier 8 which is good.

A geographic split seems like the best long term solution to keep travelling down and maximise local derbies.

Suggestion I heard at the weekend was the existing EOS teams plus Hawick would be numbered 1 to 13 based on their league positions and the new teams numbered similarly with the odds from one side being placed in the evens from the other for one league and the opposite for the other league.

4 minutes ago, Jute said:

Suggestion I heard at the weekend was the existing EOS teams plus Hawick would be numbered 1 to 13 based on their league positions and the new teams numbered similarly with the odds from one side being placed in the evens from the other for one league and the opposite for the other league.

So something like this (I put HRA as EoS #2 as they were beaten by LTHV in the qualifying cup):

Division A
1 Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
2 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
3 Preston Athletic
4 Musselburgh Athletic
5 Tynecastle
6 Blackburn United
7 Peebles Rovers
8 Dalkeith Thistle
9 Stirling University Reserves
10 Crossgates Primrose
11 Eyemouth United
12 Dunipace Juniors
13 Tweedmouth Rangers

Division B
1 Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
2 Hawick Royal Albert
3 Camelon Juniors
4 Leith Athletic
5 Haddington Athletic
6 Heriot-Watt University
7 Tranent
8 Burntisland Shipyard
9 Edinburgh United   
10 Coldstream
11 Easthouses Lily MW
12 Ormiston
13 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

22 minutes ago, Robert James said:

See the thinking but you've some inconsistencies.

Hawick's below LTHV, HW below Peebles... also you've 5 existing/7 new in Pot 2 then conversely 6 existing/4 new in Pot 3.

Repeating myself I know, but why not:

Division 1

Burntisland Shipyard
Coldstream
Eyemouth United
Hawick Royal Albert
Heriot Watt University
Leith Athletic
Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
Ormiston
Peebles Rovers
Preston Athletic
Stirling University (EOSFL)
Tweedmouth Rangers
Tynecastle

Division 2

The rest

Two promotion / relegation places with a playoff involving the 3rd and 4th top and bottom placed teams.

This will ensure week teams are dropped early and strong teams are elevated quickly.

This really is an opportunity for the EoSFL to take centre stage for a change - you've seen the interest the Kelty/Lothian HV battle created.  But why should the new teams be elevated into the top division simply because they've now seen the light.

Let the teams who've shown the EoSFL loyalty over the years have their moment/s in the limelight.  Anything other than the above will be showing disrespect and complete disregard to the teams who've plugged away over the years after the Lowland League was formed.

3 minutes ago, MDM said:

Let the teams who've shown the EoSFL loyalty over the years have their moment/s in the limelight.  Anything other than the above will be showing disrespect and complete disregard to the teams who've plugged away over the years after the Lowland League was formed.

Presumably the existing members are happy with the two equal sections proposal.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

See the thinking but you've some inconsistencies.

Hawick's below LTHV, HW below Peebles... also you've 5 existing/7 new in Pot 2 then conversely 6 existing/4 new in Pot 3.

Fair point about HWU & Peebles (who lost their last league game), and about pots 2 & 3. I took club's points into consideration, but your proposal is more even handed.

LTHV above Hawick is also suggested by Ginaro above, owing to the former's cup win over the latter.  Also,  compare their playing records last season :

.......excellent  -v- very poor.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Presumably the existing members are happy with the two equal sections proposal.

I can't say what's been discussed by the teams Burnie_man, and I'm not even sure if my option was even considered in any discussions that have taken place with the teams and committee.

I just think it's the correct way of dealing with the whole thing.

13 minutes ago, MDM said:

I can't say what's been discussed by the teams Burnie_man, and I'm not even sure if my option was even considered in any discussions that have taken place with the teams and committee.

I just think it's the correct way of dealing with the whole thing.

All I an say is that it's been confirmed that all new and existing clubs will be at the same level for next season at tier 6, so it must have been discussed and agreed.

28 minutes ago, MDM said:

Two promotion / relegation places with a playoff involving the 3rd and 4th top and bottom placed teams.

This will ensure week teams are dropped early and strong teams are elevated quickly.

This really is an opportunity for the EoSFL to take centre stage for a change - you've seen the interest the Kelty/Lothian HV battle created.  But why should the new teams be elevated into the top division simply because they've now seen the light.

Not really, it only ensures two, three or four teams are relegated. I think there are more than four Junior teams who are better quality than the current bottom four EoS teams.

And having "old EoS" v "new EoS" divisions doesn't really integrate the Junior teams into the league, you want it to be one happy family and not keep the old Senior/Junior divide.

Ginaro

In 3 seasons you could have the league's completely turned around - is that really that long?

I agree there are a number of Junior teams who are stronger that the current EoSFL teams - but why should they be prioritised because they've now decided to get on board?

I doubt if you'll have a happy family in the EoSFL for a long time.  We have this issue now - wait until the other teams decide to come along....  Like I've said before, what'll happen next season if a few more 'giants' decide to join - another re-hash?

12 minutes ago, MDM said:

Ginaro

In 3 seasons you could have the league's completely turned around - is that really that long?

I agree there are a number of Junior teams who are stronger that the current EoSFL teams - but why should they be prioritised because they've now decided to get on board?

I doubt if you'll have a happy family in the EoSFL for a long time.  We have this issue now - wait until the other teams decide to come along....  Like I've said before, what'll happen next season if a few more 'giants' decide to join - another re-hash?

I know what you’re saying, I really do, but imo you just can’t do this, it’s just wrong, so wrong. The juniors that have came over shouldn’t be treated any different to what’s already here. Yes I know the LL really fucked the Eos over, but I can’t remember anyone that was left behind being up in arms over it, because it had to happen for the good of the game, this should be no different. As I’ve said my personal preference is a tier 6 and 7 with my home town club in 7, so I can watch hopefully closer fought games and let the better teams prosper through the pyramid 

39 minutes ago, MDM said:

Ginaro

Nobody will be prioritised - there is currently one EoSFL division, and every new team is joining that division.