New clubs in the East of Scotland

I'm just glad Kelty had the vision to jump ship last season as gonna be a tough league coming up , so glad to see it though , clubs removing the limitations put on them by being junior wish them all well in their new adventure 

I'm just glad Kelty had the vision to jump ship last season as gonna be a tough league coming up , so glad to see it though , clubs removing the limitations put on them by being junior wish them all well in their new adventure 

Kelty have played an absolute blinder, while others sat badmouthing the Lowland league they did their homework and realised the Pyramid was the future and beat the rest who’ll now bottleneck at Tier 6.

Can see an automatic place or places available in LL sooner rather than later now though as Lthv won't rest on their laurels and the junior teams won't want to stay in EOS too long so who knows but it's an exciting time for the league 

I think it's a winner for Scottish football as a whole, clubs who then become licensed can apply for the Scottish Cup?

Had this been done a few years ago, our lower leagues may be even greater. It gives the EOS scope going forward, and it certainly brings in more revenue for alot of clubs. I still feel borders clubs may struggle but hopefully not.

10 minutes ago, tynie1874 said:

I think it's a winner for Scottish football as a whole, clubs who then become licensed can apply for the Scottish Cup?

Had this been done a few years ago, our lower leagues may be even greater. It gives the EOS scope going forward, and it certainly brings in more revenue for alot of clubs. I still feel borders clubs may struggle but hopefully not.

Without being harsh I could probably get a few of my mates together and beat tweedmouth so they may well really struggle but hopefully they raise their game and push on , also the teams lower down the LL will be looking over shoulders a bit more keenly now as won't be so easy to get out EoS 

9 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

We might get to 2 x 16 sections at this rate. The more the merrier.

It would be good to reach 32 clubs, but what if the number of late applicants takes the total number to 35 or 36 ?  2 x 18 is a lot of league games at this level. Or would the EoS limit numbers next season to 32 clubs, and have a selection process for the vacancies ?

51 minutes ago, tynie1874 said:

Once there's enough east clubs in the pyramid it should be split into north/south at tier 7, so even if the Borders clubs get relegated from the LL or drop further down they will be doing less travelling.

2 hours ago, tynie1874 said:

clubs who then become licensed can apply for the Scottish Cup?

It's one and the same: to become an SFA member, you must meet the licence criteria; to get a licence, you must be a member. So they go in tandem, and once you get your licence you're in the Scottish Cup.

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Without being harsh I could probably get a few of my mates together and beat tweedmouth so they may well really struggle but hopefully they raise their game and push on , also the teams lower down the LL will be looking over shoulders a bit more keenly now as won't be so easy to get out EoS 

Someone must finish bottom of any system - whether Tweedmouth, Fort William, Dumfries YMCA, Kirkcaldy YM or Newmains.

First point last month. First win tonight. They'll be delighted.

41 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's one and the same: to become an SFA member, you must meet the licence criteria; to get a licence, you must be a member. So they go in tandem, and once you get your licence you're in the Scottish Cup.

Someone must finish bottom of any system - whether Tweedmouth, Fort William, Dumfries YMCA, Kirkcaldy YM or Newmains.

First point last month. First win tonight. They'll be delighted.

Tweedmouth  3  Ormiston  1  tonight

Last EoS league match next Saturday : Tweedmouth -v-  Burntisland  Shipyard 

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Can see an automatic place or places available in LL sooner rather than later now though as Lthv won't rest on their laurels and the junior teams won't want to stay in EOS too long so who knows but it's an exciting time for the league 

Your right it is exciting.the league's will be better.which will hopefully entice better players to all the clubs.as this happens the clubs who didnt join might find the chance has passed them bye.

4 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

Was there not a Junior team from the East League that refused to do a programme for a Scottish Cup game a few years ago simply because of traditions?

There was the belief at Linlithgow that programme sales affected some sort of lottery ticket sales - treasure chest...? Not sure if that's what you refer to.

Good to see a sizeable chunk of the East Juniors jump ship, it was always going to happen but just needed one club to take the leap of faith, well done Kelty. It will be fun seeing Kelty vs Cowedenbeath matches in the LL next year.

On 08/05/2018 at 16:11, Kelheart said:

Bring on the Cumbernauld Colts and the Edusport Academy and the Edinburgh University at the Stirling University and the Civil Service Strollers and the BSC Glasgow/Alloa.

Hawd me back!!!!

23 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Bring on the Cumbernauld Colts and the Edusport Academy and the Edinburgh University at the Stirling University and the Civil Service Strollers and the BSC Glasgow/Alloa.

Hawd me back!!!!

Khufu2, quick one, have you seen any of the teams you mock above play? Do you have any insight into the standard of club, player and management within the lowland league? Do you have any understanding of the process clubs have travelled through to be part of the Lowland league? 

From your entries here, and in other forums, it would appear that you do not....instead of trolling and attempting to mock those who have tried and succeeded in bettering themselves by joining the pyramid, why not take the time to work through what documentation there is and gain an understanding of what it takes to get into the LL, go watch a game or two and judge the quality of the teams on the football you see and get a feel for them as clubs.....but that wouldn't fit you narrative though would it. 

10 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Khufu2, quick one, have you seen any of the teams you mock above play? Do you have any insight into the standard of club, player and management within the lowland league? Do you have any understanding of the process clubs have travelled through to be part of the Lowland league? 

From your entries here, and in other forums, it would appear that you do not....instead of trolling and attempting to mock those who have tried and succeeded in bettering themselves by joining the pyramid, why not take the time to work through what documentation there is and gain an understanding of what it takes to get into the LL, go watch a game or two and judge the quality of the teams on the football you see and get a feel for them as clubs.....but that wouldn't fit you narrative though would it. 

I dare say he was at this one, 2015-16 Scottish Cup

image.png.748a5dec42c71589ea3af5c5778844d1.png

and this one when City were in the LL the seasonn before

image.png.dafcf94872e446dad6dbed7601d4f10c.png

Edited by Burnie_man