New clubs in the East of Scotland

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Wouldn’t be a bad shout really. I’d have though the Fife clubs and the East Lothian and Borders clubs for example would rather be kept together for this season. If the top 7-8 in each leagues are to be ‘promoted’ for 19/20 then depending on applications for that season you could have the option of keeping a ‘North’ and a ‘South’ league below a ‘Premier’ league.

Edit: You could have a play off this season between 1st in both leagues for the EOS champion if such a thing is important.

Think this would be my preference. Like you say it allows for North/South divisions at Tier 7 the following year.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

This is how things could therefore look next season, with a bit of guesswork on the clubs involved;

Section A

Blackburn Utd

Bonnyrigg Rose

Burntisland

Camelon

Crossgates Primrose

Dalkeith Th

Easthouses Lily

Eyemouth Utd

Hawick RA

Herriot Watt

Leith Ath

Musselburgh Ath

St.Bernards

Tynecastle

Section B

Coldstream

Dundonald Bluebell

Dunipace

Edinburgh Utd

Haddington Ath

Hill of Beath

Inverkeithing HS

LTHV

Ormiston

Peebles Rovers

Preston Ath

Stirling Uni Res

Tranent

Tweedmouth Rangers

Me no likey 

32 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think it would make more sense to try to be geographical on the divisions. There might be a bit of an imbalance with something like this, but it wouldn't be drastic.

Section A

Blackburn Utd, Burntisland, Camelon, Crossgates Primrose, Dundonald Bluebell, Dunipace, Edinburgh Utd, Hill of Beath, Inverkeithing HS, Leith Ath, LTHV, St.Bernards, Tynecastle,  Stirling Uni Res

Section B

Bonnyrigg Rose, Coldstream, Dalkeith Th, Easthouses Lily, Eyemouth Utd, Hawick RA, Herriot Watt, Haddington Ath, Musselburgh Ath, Ormiston, Peebles Rovers, Preston Ath, Tranent, Tweedmouth Rangers

Me likey this one more 

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Me likey this one more 

Surely your horse and cart can manage a trip to the 21st Century now and again :lol:  I want a few trips to the Borders to see what it was like in the auld days.....

Edited by Burnie_man

46 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think it would make more sense to try to be geographical on the divisions. There might be a bit of an imbalance with something like this, but it wouldn't be drastic.

Section A

Blackburn Utd, Burntisland, Camelon, Crossgates Primrose, Dundonald Bluebell, Dunipace, Edinburgh Utd, Hill of Beath, Inverkeithing HS, Leith Ath, LTHV, St.Bernards, Tynecastle,  Stirling Uni Res

Section B

Bonnyrigg Rose, Coldstream, Dalkeith Th, Easthouses Lily, Eyemouth Utd, Hawick RA, Herriot Watt, Haddington Ath, Musselburgh Ath, Ormiston, Peebles Rovers, Preston Ath, Tranent, Tweedmouth Rangers

In this option would the top 7 in each league form the Premier League for the following season?

Leith and HW should swap sections btw. 

41 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Section A

Section B

Just looking closer, Section A contains three ex-Superleague clubs, plus LTHV (or Kelty), plus Leith who will be third this season. Section B contains one ex-Superleague club plus the bottom four in the EoS.

You'd really need to find better balance than that (I appreciate this is just a rough example).  Seeding gives you better balance.

1 minute ago, Che Dail said:

In this option would the top 7 in each league form the Premier League for the following season?

Leith and HW should swap sections btw. 

Would depend on number of applicants the following year. You could get away with Top 7/8/9 in either section making the new 14/16/18 team Premier.

15 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Surely your horse and cart can manage a trip to the 21st Century now and again :lol:  I want a few trips to the Borders to see what it was like in the auld days.....

To go with your option I would need to go back to stealing red diesel for the car

26 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Wheest you

Back in the 90's the clubs in the Scottish leagues outwith the Premier played each other three times in a season in the league so would playing a club once not work for one season of EOSFL as long as each team had the same number of home and away games? That would depend on whether there was an odd or an even number of clubs of course. I think in the EOS league cup it's not on a home and away basis anyway is it?  At the end of the season all the clubs would be where they are based on ability over a season rather than hand picked seedings or whatever else.

Edited by old speckled hen

14 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Section A

Section B

I did my allocation  without referring to yours and came out with almost the same - the only difference being Leith and Heriot-Watt swapping divisions.

If teams finished where they currently are and are seeded accordingly (HRA seeded S1 since they are ex-Lowland League) you can create divisions of fairly similar standard:

North Division

J2 Dundonald Bluebell
S2 LTHV
J3 Camelon,
J4 Hill of Beath,
S5 Heriot-Watt,
J7 Blackburn Utd
S7 Tynecastle,  
S8 Stirling Uni Res
S9 Burntisland,
J10 Edinburgh Utd,
J11 Crossgates Primrose,
J13 Dunipace,
A1 Inverkeithing HS,
A1 St.Bernards,

South Division

J1 Bonnyrigg Rose,
S1 Hawick RA,
S3 Leith Ath,
S4 Preston Ath,
J5 Musselburgh Ath
J6 Haddington Ath,
S6 Peebles Rovers,
J8 Tranent,
J9 Dalkeith Th,
S10 Coldstream,
S11 Eyemouth Utd,
J12 Easthouses Lily,
S12 Ormiston,
S13 Tweedmouth Rangers

A lot of rumours floating around so impossible to tell unless someone knows the applicants for certain, Hill of Beath, Dundonald, Crossgates, Haddington and Easthouses have all announced nothing so far and the amateurs names mentioned seem to be guesses unless I am missing something?

I had heard that St Andrews have definitely applied.

1 minute ago, Cyril said:

A lot of rumours floating around so impossible to tell unless someone knows the applicants for certain, Hill of Beath, Dundonald, Crossgates, Haddington and Easthouses have all announced nothing so far and the amateurs names mentioned seem to be guesses unless I am missing something?

Definitely not.

20 minutes ago, Cyril said:

Camelon, Blackburn, Tranent, Dalkeith and Inverkeithing confirmed so far unless I've missed anyone.  Looks like there could be another ten without definite confirmation yet just rumours.