New clubs in the East of Scotland

Could be a sign that St Bernards have EoS ambitions.
If the number of EoS applicants does include 2 amateur clubs, as previously suggested on this theme, then the other club could be  AM Soccer (Fife) AFC, who are currently riding high in the Kingdom of Fife Premier League.   AMS is an ambitious club which was interested in joining the Lowland League, before it reached its full compliment of 16 clubs, and it wouldn't be surprising if this club was now seeking to join the EoS.
Does anyone have knowledge of this, or any other amateur club, which may have an aspiration to join the EoL ?
And what are Am Soccer going to bring to the table? Pitch is terrible, changing rooms aren't that great either

20 minutes ago, xnxx said:
On 05/04/2018 at 00:25, Robert James said:
If the number of EoS applicants does include 2 amateur clubs, as previously suggested on this theme, then the other club could be  AM Soccer (Fife) AFC, who are currently riding high in the Kingdom of Fife Premier League.   AMS is an ambitious club which was interested in joining the Lowland League, before it reached its full compliment of 16 clubs, and it wouldn't be surprising if this club was now seeking to join the EoS.
Does anyone have knowledge of this, or any other amateur club, which may have an aspiration to join the EoL ?

And what are Am Soccer going to bring to the table? Pitch is terrible, changing rooms aren't that great either

St.Bernards, don't have changing facilities next to the park I'd love for them to use. But could be built, again if you have aspirations to step up then well done to that club.

Riordan's just signed for St.Bernards, whether that's short term to help them win the league this season or not remains to be seen.

21 minutes ago, xnxx said:
On 05/04/2018 at 00:25, Robert James said:

No idea. I wasn't 'promoting' St Bernards or AM Soccer (Fife) as good additions to the EoS.

I was merely asking if anyone had any information  about the rumoured application of 2 amateur teams. Have you got any info about this ?

8 minutes ago, number4 said:
Inverkeithing hillfield swifts have applied       

I'd never heard of them myself, so wasn't sure if this was meant as a joke club due to how derogatory some people can be to new/amateur clubs entering the pyramid. It's legit though as they've a statement on their facebook https://www.facebook.com/InverkeithingHillfieldSwifts/

Swifts.JPG

Edited by FairWeatherFan

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'd never heard of them myself, so wasn't sure if this was meant as a joke club due to how derogatory some people can be to new/amateur clubs entering the pyramid. It's legit though as they've a statement on their facebook https://www.facebook.com/InverkeithingHillfieldSwifts/

We've played them a youth team level.

21 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interestingly that statement says they're among 15 applicants.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/substantial-number-of-teams-apply-for-eos-league-1-4717330

Max of 32 for next season quoted in the above article must take into consideration two clubs relegated from the Lowland League and the EoSFL champion falling to be promoted.

So the 15 applicants = 2x Amateurs (Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts), 1x West Region and 12x East Region (Camelon, Dalkeith & Blackburn). Which is what has been bandied about in some form for a while now.

Interesting, didn't even know Inverkeithing had a team, but it makes sense that a club is playing football at Ballast Bank. Need to do quite a bit of work to get the ground licensed, but I suppose they are unlikely to get to the Lowland League in the short-term.

Edited by Ginaro

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/substantial-number-of-teams-apply-for-eos-league-1-4717330

Max of 32 for next season quoted in the above article must take into consideration two clubs relegated from the Lowland League and the EoSFL champion falling to be promoted.

So the 15 applicants = 2x Amateurs (Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts), 1x West Region and 12x East Region (Camelon, Dalkeith & Blackburn). Which is what has been bandied about in some form for a while now.

Just to back this up...

I took in Camelon vs Broughty Athletic today (and it was a decent game too!) - had a brief chat with the guy that runs their social media, and his understanding was that 13 Junior clubs in total have applied. Can't remember his name for the life of me sadly, but top bloke.

Seems like we're beginning to get some clarity now.

57 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Interesting, didn't even know Inverkeithing had a team, but it makes sense that a club is playing football at Ballast Bank. Need to do a bit of work to get the ground licensed, but I suppose they are unlikely to get to the Lowland League in the short-term.

I'm right in saying it's the Highland Games stadium overlooking the ship-breakers and Forth bridges? It was used by the Junior side Jubilee Athletic before became they relocated and became Rosyth Recreation and subsequently straightforward Rosyth? Possibly it was more complicated, IIRC.

photograph-of-aerial-view-of-forth-bridg

an-aerial-view-of-inverkeithing-harbour-

slider1.png

50 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

Just to back this up...

I took in Camelon vs Broughty Athletic today (and it was a decent game too!) - had a brief chat with the guy that runs their social media, and his understanding was that 13 Junior clubs in total have applied. Can't remember his name for the life of me sadly, but top bloke.

Seems like we're beginning to get some clarity now.

So that's Clydebank and 12 from the East?

Inverkeithing Hillfield would be a great addition , good setup with potential for strong fan base , mind of watching the ammy team play st andrews at Auchtermuchty in some cup final years ago , think they brought 3 or 4 double deckers of supporters , ( st andrews won though ) but all the same sure a good support would be welcome at any home teams ground 

Swifts.thumb.JPG.2176a80b6d09b8e4c180c0446470f8f5.JPG

I wonder if the 13 Junior applicants include those who have applied but who haven't made a final decision? Tranent have a meeting today for example, Musselburgh had a meeting on Wednesday.

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I'm right in saying it's the Highland Games stadium overlooking the ship-breakers and Forth bridges? It was used by the Junior side Jubilee Athletic before became they relocated and became Rosyth Recreation and subsequently straightforward Rosyth? Possibly it was more complicated, IIRC.

photograph-of-aerial-view-of-forth-bridg

an-aerial-view-of-inverkeithing-harbour-

slider1.png

Ayes its where the nomadic jubilee played after leaving Cowdenbeath in the 1970s (there was a story on all their grounds in a recent Cowden programme). As Gogsy mentioned they had a few years at Pitreavie in the early 90s before moving to Rosyth and their name change.

Bit of a push calling it a stadium more of a sports field.

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I edited my previous post because I wasnt sure about this , the earlier junior teams played at Games park, do you know was Ballast Bank a name change or is it a different ground?

Article just has it down as Ballast Bank can only presume its the same ground with just a different name.

The Jube really got around Ladysmill (now McKane Park), Rex Park, Townhill. Central Park and North End Park Cowdenbeath, Ballast Bank and Pitreavie. The last ever Cowdenbeath based Junior side.

Edited by cowdenbeath

So if there were 28 teams next season, two leagues of 14 with each playing each other once. Created by very rough seeding, top, one division, second and third the other, fourth same division as the top one etc. etc.

Then the top seven of each in the 14 team first division, bottom seven of each in the 14 team second division. Results carried forward between teams who find themselves in the same division again. The remainder of the home and away fixtures are then completed for the first and second divisions.

Just an idea and of course there might not end up being 28 teams. Seven extra fixtures compared to a home and away 14 team league. So 33 fixtures for each team overall. 26 counting towards the final positions in the first division and the second division as would normally be the case.

Promotion and relegation at the end of the season, two up, two down.

2019/20 is then simple league fixtures for each club.