New clubs in the East of Scotland

11 minutes ago, drs said:

You are missing the point around this query.

No one has said they are going to be relegated or are in danger of being relegated, the original post was a hypothetical question as to what would happen if BSC were relegated - and the point still stands.

No missing any points I'd imagine they'd go SOSFL much like Bonnyton are doing next season. 

37 minutes ago, drs said:

It needs a Junior or Am club from north of the Tay to test this to see what would happen. Kelty have the pathway into the LL via the EoS but would happen if for example Lochee United, Golspie Sutherland or Banks O'Dee asked the SFA for permission to join the pyramid what happens to them?  It wouldn't be fair that Kelty can be in the SPFL by the end of their 2nd season in the senior game whilst the aforementioned north of the Tay teams have nowhere to go.

Another angle on that is that it arguably wouldn't be fair that the likes of Kelty, Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg are being told that they have to leave the east superleague to gain automatic Scottish cup entry but a club like Lochee United might be allowed to stay because of that given there is no HL feeder league for them to join. A few of the Dundee junior clubs can't be too far off being able to give that a go, because they tend to have enclosed grounds with covered enclosures.

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

No missing any points I'd imagine they'd go SOSFL much like Bonnyton are doing next season.

I happen to think this way as well. They just won't be playing their games out of Alloa for it to happen.

5 hours ago, drs said:

It needs a Junior or Am club from north of the Tay to test this to see what would happen. Kelty have the pathway into the LL via the EoS but would happen if for example Lochee United, Golspie Sutherland or Banks O'Dee asked the SFA for permission to join the pyramid what happens to them?  It wouldn't be fair that Kelty can be in the SPFL by the end of their 2nd season in the senior game whilst the aforementioned north of the Tay teams have nowhere to go.

Much like the Juniors joining the pyramid, it seems like nobody is willing to ask the question.

The likes of Banks could always do a Edusport/BSC: as a club be based North of the Tay, but play their games in a ground South of the Tay. If you can get promoted to League 2 you can start playing your games at home once again and if you get relegated you can finally play Highland League football.

Much like the Juniors joining the pyramid, it seems like nobody is willing to ask the question.
The likes of Banks could always do a Edusport/BSC: as a club be based North of the Tay, but play their games in a ground South of the Tay. If you can get promoted to League 2 you can start playing your games at home once again and if you get relegated you can finally play Highland League football.

That's ridiculous though isn't it?!

I feel really sorry for Banks o Dee as they've built further terraced enclosures thinking that something would change with the highland league. They've won the league the past 2 year's. Seeing as the highland league have already agreed that they would allow a 19th team to be relegated into the league they should just let banks o Dee in now

1 minute ago, calmac25 said:

That's ridiculous though isn't it?!

I feel really sorry for Banks o Dee as they've built further terraced enclosures thinking that something would change with the highland league. They've won the league the past 2 year's. Seeing as the highland league have already agreed that they would allow a 19th team to be relegated into the league they should just let banks o Dee in now

Of course its ridiculous! It even goes back to when the Highland League expanded in 2009. Supposedly Banks o'Dee were the best candidate of the 4 clubs applying but were overlooked.

The way I understand it, at the 3 Junior Regions AGMs this year some form of restructuring will have been discussed. The North is going to Region wide leagues, the West is looking to go to Region wide leagues and the East has some convoluted proposal.

At the same time the SoS & NCFL have expanded, the EoS is almost certain to expand and the Highland League is standing still. So that's 6 out of the 7 organisations we would all probably like to see formalise a structure beneath the SPFL, discussing and implementing change of some description.  Something could actually be done if someone takes the first step.

3 hours ago, tynie1874 said:

What's Keltys away following like? Could be potential for a extra couple quid for the EOS teams.

I can only go by Scottish cup game they played Lothian but it's not a lot... Mind you it's more than anyone will take to Kelty. 

15 minutes ago, rigano said:

I can only go by Scottish cup game they played Lothian but it's not a lot... Mind you it's more than anyone will take to Kelty. 

To be fair - that match was played quite close to the prison. 

Hope so too BU the future looks bright [emoji4] 

Having watched Kelty come on leaps & bounds in just the last 3 years or so, I'll certainly be, and imagine many other Juniors fans will be looking in on Kelty's ventures. Genuinely a wee bit jealous of all the excitement and potential around Kelty just now. Wish the BU were in a similar position as a club, or at least in the construction phase of revamping our ground.