New clubs in the East of Scotland

There's usually a main list of fixtures running to March released in late June/early July, then the last couple of months after Christmas.

Confirmed elsewhere season starts Saturday 29th July with usual EOS Qualifying League sections.

I went up to Kelty today as I hadn't been before. There was a big crowd in - although I'm guessing quite a few from Bonnyrigg or Fife neutrals fancying a game as many left at FT and didn't stay for the presentation. Ground's very well appointed with modern 3G pitch, lights, good facilities, 2 modern sheds and 1 fairly rickety one they're apparently aiming to replace with a seated grandstand. Despite terrible weather at times it was a good game and they deservedly won 3-0. Kelty are a big, strong team, but technically proficient - and will certainly be a handful for any opponent AFAICS.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

At least Shippy should make a good gate from their home game with Kelty next season, probably get a bigger crowd at that than their other games put together.

They've also been included on the groundhop so should be at least a couple of bumper gates for them. Always the chance of someone in the Scottish Cup too: they haven't won a tie since 2007 but even if that continues they can draw the likes of Kelty, Glenafton or potentially Auchinleck if they win the Junior Cup. BS on some ridiculous run of away draws as well.

27 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

There's usually a main list of fixtures running to March released in late June/early July, then the last couple of months after Christmas.

Confirmed elsewhere season starts Saturday 29th July with usual EOS Qualifying League sections.

I went up to Kelty today as I hadn't been before. There was a big crowd in - although I'm guessing quite a few from Bonnyrigg or Fife neutrals fancying a game as many left at FT and didn't stay for the presentation. Ground's very well appointed with modern 3G pitch, lights, good facilities, 2 modern sheds and 1 fairly rickety one they're apparently aiming to replace with a seated grandstand. Despite terrible weather at times it was a good game and they deservedly won 3-0. Kelty are a big, strong team, but technically proficient - and will certainly be a handful for any opponent AFAICS.

They've also been included on the groundhop so should be at least a couple of bumper gates for them. Always the chance of someone in the Scottish Cup too: they haven't won a tie since 2007 but even if that continues they can draw the likes of Kelty, Glenafton or potentially Auchinleck if they win the Junior Cup. BS on some ridiculous run of away draws as well.

I was at the Kelty game today also HJ, there were quite a few neutrals seen a fair few Cowden fans I know and a few Pars fans. 

It is a well appointed ground from what it was just 3 years ago, if you got a copy of the programme it had an artists impression of what the new stand is going to look like its quite smart.

Re the groundhop Kelty may get included in next years once since they had the cheek to include us before we got relegated, sorry to piss them off not:lol: would make sense to have them and Shippy together.

As you say its about time Shippy got a home draw in the Scottish Cup:lol:

10 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

No programmes left when I got there or maybe they didn't have any at the far gate. Found photo online...

C6BLFWyXEAY0NeE.jpg
C6BLFW2XQAIsuiC.jpg
C6BLFWyXQAIaSOF.jpg
C_ZLCdwXoAMEUXr.jpg

Statto.com isn't working but I think it's something like 13 away draws in a row :lol:.

The're better pics than the 1 in the programme. I was up early to get a decent parking space and they had loads of programmes at the main entrance and some young guys were also going round selling them so if they sold out they done well.

Think your right with the 13 away games for Shippy!

Normally with the league games, but last season it came out earlier.

Btw I think you mean EOS Qualifying League - it's effectively league cup sections. Top finishers in EOSQL qualify to play in the EOS League Cup (currently sponsored by Central Taxis).

EOS Qualifying Cup (currently sponsored by Football Nation) is the knockout tournament for LL & EOSL clubs.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I came in the far corner and there was plenty programmes for sale there too. Not too many faces that I recognised from Bonnyrigg aside from committee and volunteers.

Lots of respect it seems between the managers and committees but the players were clearly competitive and lots of niggles between the sides that carried on throughout the game

The picture in the programme shows the disabled section as being at the back right of the stand which is a nice touch as the facilities can be terrible. I noticed that from 2018 all members need to have covered disabled spaces so wonder how many teams will need to make an adjustment for that?

Also a statement in the program about the licence saying the next SFA board meeting is august so will find out then.

If Kelty do move over I would like to think they will be strong favourites to win it 1st time round. Granted only seen a couple of EOS teams in action but Kelty were a level above what I did see. Exciting times if it goes ahead.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

If Kelty do move over I would like to think they will be strong favourites to win it 1st time round. Granted only seen a couple of EOS teams in action but Kelty were a level above what I did see. Exciting times if it goes ahead.

I would imagine the likes of Lothian Thistle HV, Leith and Tynecastle would give them a decent challenge but they would be too good for the rest I would expect.

Looks like Kelty will be joining the East of Scotland League: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBdxdGGXYAAgJ8m.jpg:large

They explored the possibility of running two teams (one in juniors; one in seniors) but they've opted for one team only and in the East of Scotland League.

"If we get ratified and accepted I would fully expect Kelty Hearts to be an East of Scotland League club next season".

Edited by stanley

2 hours ago, db11 said:

You are assuming that kelty will keep there existing squad.

We will keep everyone of our squad with only 1 player still to make a decision but it's looking likely he will stay.

As we always do each pre season there will be a couple of additions to the squad being announced in the next week or so who are all well known/top players at our level so if the move of leagues does happen then it's certainly not seen as a step down. New and present players are buying into the clubs plans and vision 100%.

Edited by kefc

11 minutes ago, kefc said:

We will keep everyone of our squad with only 1 player still to make a decision but it's looking likely he will stay.

As we always do each pre season there will be a couple of additions to the squad being announced in the next week or so who are all well known/top players at our level so if the move of leagues does happen then it's certainly not seen as a step down. New and present players are buying into the clubs plans and vision 100%.

If the move does happen then good luck to everyone at Kelty Hearts.  It will be great to see a successful juniors side move across and it will be exciting to see how they progress.  I hope they can do very well and set an example for any other junior clubs that might be interested in moving in the future.

Out of interest, how has Craig Thomson done at Kelty?   And Stephen Husband, actually.  

I'm assuming this is simply a case of the move being approved at the East of Scotland League AGM but I understand if you're not wanting to give too much away.

14 minutes ago, kefc said:

Great vision by the club, all the best for this season ahead, hopefully not the first and last to take this step. A few hard games for you and no doubt a few cricket scores also. Great addition which will add more life into the EOS. 

8 minutes ago, stanley said:

If the move does happen then good luck to everyone at Kelty Hearts.  It will be great to see a successful juniors side move across and it will be exciting to see how they progress.  I hope they can do very well and set an example for any other junior clubs that might be interested in moving in the future.

Out of interest, how has Craig Thomson done at Kelty?   And Stephen Husband, actually.  

I'm assuming this is simply a case of the move being approved at the East of Scotland League AGM but I understand if you're not wanting to give too much away.

Both have been excellent. Thomson for me is the best player in the east juniors by some way. Husband has also had moments of real quality.

Brian Ritchie is another who has been tremendous.

It should be a good league next season.  Would imagine Kelty will win league but tough matches v Leith and lthv.  Kelty will look forward to cups with lowland league teams.  It'll be interesting to see how they cope in those ones.  

I'll be curious as to how crowds handle the move too.  Be a lot of heavy victories with no travelling support. 

How has Jordan been doing since his move from Berwick?