New clubs in the East of Scotland

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Without a licence you're stuck at that level without chance of promotion. And the only hope of Scottish Cup entry would be winning the EoS. So if any of these clubs aren't close to licencing it seems a little fruitless to make the jump.

Kelty possibly being in the Scottish Cup next year might be part of the temptation to move now. They can cover the "step down" in league by having the carrot of a run or big tie in the Scottish Cup for the first year while they work on getting licenced during the season.

For EoS and SoS sides outwith automatic qualification, there has been a new pathway to Scottish Cup entry added to provide parity with the Juniors who also have two avenues to qualify - the winners of the Alex Jack Cup and the winners of the Alba Cup now play off with the winner qualifying for the big Scottish. Those two cups are what the SFA Registered Members in EoS and SoS (for them a new cup for this season afaik) enter.

The first final (I didn't notice this happening last year, that is) was Lochar Thistle vs. LTHV with the latter winning 6-1 and securing qualification without winning the league. Lochar won the Alba Cup by beating Nithsdale 4-0 back in December's final at Palmerston and LTHV won the Alex Jack Cup by beating Tynecastle at Oriam in October.

All of the clubs that are alleged to have applied to the EoS league are doing so precisely because of licensing and the ability to secure automatic Scottish Cup entry and to move up through the divisions into the SPFL. They wouldn't be doing it for any other reason than it enabling them to tick the final box on licensing.

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

On the basis of that match today? 

These teams would find their level and p.s Eyemouth, albeit away today I can vouch is a fantastic day oot for the fitba. 

Cushty though they're not up to your standard  :thumsup2

On the basis of several matches.  Both teams were poorer than Forfar Albion who we beat 11-0 earlier this season, didn't Bonnyrigg beat Burntisland 14-0 in the Scottish?  Perhaps explains why Craigroyston and Easthouses left, surely Burntisland would attract better players and more interest with a similar switch? they're going nowhere where they are.

We need meaningful change, if Kelty do jump ship maybe that will help bring it.

9 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

On the basis of that match today? 

These teams would find their level and p.s Eyemouth, albeit away today I can vouch is a fantastic day oot for the fitba. 

Cushty though they're not up to your standard  :thumsup2

I've been to Blackburn once, it was a tidy little set up, but the quality was absolutely dreadful. A headcount would have been me and a wee huddle of their committee, definitely no more than 10, including dogs. I went to the majority of games in that two year spell of watching east south and barring Nitten it was the same story

I've been to Blackburn once, it was a tidy little set up, but the quality was absolutely dreadful. A headcount would have been me and a wee huddle of their committee, definitely no more than 10, including dogs. I went to the majority of games in that two year spell of watching east south and barring Nitten it was the same story

Lol, maybe 10 years ago, not 24 hours ago. Nice one though ????

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Lol, maybe 10 years ago, not 24 hours ago. Nice one though 

Exactly, swings and roundabouts

i didn't agree initially with this Scottish cup carrot to the juniors, but it certainly looks like it has had some positive effects in what's happening now. This junior/senior pish needs put to bed asap. Too many people being part of the problem and not enough looking for a solution. "Aye been" eh

8 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Exactly, swings and roundabouts

i didn't agree initially with this Scottish cup carrot to the juniors, but it certainly looks like it has had some positive effects in what's happening now. This junior/senior pish needs put to bed asap. Too many people being part of the problem and not enough looking for a solution. "Aye been" eh

Correct. As I said, Burntisland have a tidy wee (licenced) set-up there, surely they can see that moving to the South Division and playing against another 4 or 5 Fife clubs is a better place to be long term, it bound to attract better players, however as it stands that may affect their licence and therefore a major part of their income. They only had 11 players yesterday and two guys in the dug out.

As you say maybe they shouldn't have the choice, merge the leagues!

The Juniors may have one less participant in the Scottish Cup in 17/18. Glenafton and Auchinleck who are in Junior Cup Final are also challenging for the West Super League. So either could possibly win both competitions that gains entry to Scottish.
Suppose it is the same with Lothian Th HV, they won the East League so entitled them to gain entry to Scottish Cup plus they also won the South and East Super Shield for the non licensed clubs so could've gained entry in that way also.

4 minutes ago, locharinn said:

The Juniors may have one less participant in the Scottish Cup in 17/18. Glenafton and Auchinleck who are in Junior Cup Final are also challenging for the West Super League. So either could possibly win both competitions that gains entry to Scottish.
Suppose it is the same with Lothian Th HV, they won the East League so entitled them to gain entry to Scottish Cup plus they also won the South and East Super Shield for the non licensed clubs so could've gained entry in that way also.

Maybe two less if Kelty win the East Super and jump the fence.

4 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Given it's not been made public yet, it's for them to say not some random anonymous poster on a website.

Edinabear thinks otherwise :lol: although I'm on your side 

The EoSL will also be strengthened by Preston Athletic who are relegated from the LL. New manager  looks likely to shake things up and push for promotion. Could be 4 new EoSL clubs in EoSL next season.

On 2017-5-16 at 17:06, heedthebaa said:

Edinabear thinks otherwise :lol: although I'm on your side 

As an aside, don't be surprised if Clydebank apply to join the SoSL in advance of the Holm Park redevelopment, with a view to licensing asap thereafter as part of the club's ambition to return to the SPFL.