New clubs in the East of Scotland

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

There's no pyramid, otherwise you wouldn't need to resign from leagues.

Kelty are without a doubt gambling on going thru the EoS in one season, if they fail, then I guess their fans and sponsors won't fancy a long stay playing in front of two men and a dug every other week. That's the risk.

I'm sure there is a Pyramid somewhere, some folk just won't admit to it.

Meanwhile a chance of a money spinning run in the Scottish Cup EVERY season wouldn't matter to their fans and sponsors  :whistle

Edited by newcastle broon

I'm sure there is a Pyramid somewhere, some folk just won't admit to it.
Meanwhile a chance of a money spinning run in the Scottish Cup EVERY wouldn't matter to their fans and sponsors  :whistle

There is no pyramid, we have one in name only. I thought you wanted Whitehill to move to the Juniors anyway?

We'll see how Kelty get on, if it happens.

They should change the rules, so that the top licensed team in the SOSFL and the EOSFL meet in the playoffs. That way, unlicensed clubs can't block promotion/relegation of other teams.

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

There is no pyramid, we have one in name only. I thought you wanted Whitehill to move to the Juniors anyway?

We'll see how Kelty get on, if it happens.

Would nae bother me or surprise me if they did (either way to be honest), they've got a license so would be in the Scottish anyway. 

New stadiums thread seem nailed on Kelty are goin. 

Kelty v Hill o Beath or Kelty v Cowdenbeath/Dunfermline within a couple of seasons = Pyramid and an ambitious no brainer :P

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Dunfermline? Lol. And for every Cowdenbeath in the LL there's an Edusport or BSC.

Was nae that long ago Dunfermline were in the lower divisions of the SPFL,  they're maybe comfortable just now but haven't always been there so Aye ye never know especially if yer singing from the same hymn sheet  :wacko:

56 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

No, it's an opinion, because otherwise it's a very big risk if they get stuck there for a few seasons.

If all three juniors clubs that are said to have applied for EoS membership, were to go through with it and you factor in Lothian Thistle as well who as you have pointed out are no mugs along with Leith Athletic, the top of the EoS becomes a bit of a logjam when there is only a single playoff place up for grabs each year. Suspect Kelty wouldn't be so close to risking it, if there aren't some other changes in the pipeline. Bo'ness United have been talking on their website about getting ready for the changes that are coming to Scottish football and it's not entirely clear what they are referring to.

I think it's about time the powers that be start dishing out some fucking telts and stop all this pussy footing about. If clubs like kelty want to come on board, good on them, at least it's a start

A lot of talk about only one promotion spot etc but remembered it's long been rumoured that Lowland will soon split into East and West and therefore it's not surprising that 3 ambitious junior clubs would make the move to the EOS.

i suspect the intention is that within a couple of seasons maximum that the top clubs in the EOS wil be eaten up by the Lowland East. 

Went to the Burntisland Shipyard v Eyemouth Utd game today, first time there and a tidy little set-up, but the standard was absolutely dreadful, and a headcount revealed 26 people were watching, presumably some of whom were committee.

A brave move for any top Junior club to move into that league. There's only 2, maybe 3 clubs who would measure up to Junior South Division standard.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Went to the Burntisland Shipyard v Eyemouth Utd game today, first time there and a tidy little set-up, but the standard was absolutely dreadful, and a headcount revealed 26 people were watching, presumably some of whom were committee.

A brave move for any top Junior club to move into that league. There's only 2, maybe 3 clubs who would measure up to Junior South Division standard.

LTHV and Leith are far and above those teams in quality. All results show that they would be top teams in the juniors as well.

LTHV and Leith are far and above those teams in quality. All results show that they would be top teams in the juniors as well.

Those were the two I referred to, I've not seen them this season but by all accounts could hold their own in the Superleague.

Well well well where's the humble pie from all the juniorists that said the EOSFL would die and  was finished :lol::lol:
Juniors to the EOSFL na it'll never happen the EoS clubs will go junior  :lol::lol:
Seriously on the positive side we're getting closer to a breakthrough we thought we'd never see. 

Suppose being well funded (responsibly I add - they have a great set-up) and in a reasonable geographic position helps Kelty TBF, at least compared to the majority of sides beneath the Tay out with the seniors...

1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

Suppose being well funded (responsibly I add - they have a great set-up) and in a reasonable geographic position helps Kelty TBF, at least compared to the majority of sides beneath the Tay out with the seniors...

As far as I can see only Ayrshire missing from a geographical position, which I've stated before regarding the LL. 

Maybes one or more will move one day, obviously things at present don't suit but that was said of Kelty etc so ye just never know.....

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

On the basis of that match today? 

These teams would find their level and p.s Eyemouth, albeit away today I can vouch is a fantastic day oot for the fitba. 

Cushty though they're not up to your standard  :thumsup2

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Out of the other rumoured Junior clubs, how many are close to being licenced? There isn't much point jumping to the EoS if they can't secure promotion within the first year.

Why's that they'll still be in the Scottish with the added attraction of a big game against decent opposition? 

The EOSFL may no be the best league in the world but teams would  soon find their level, I'm sure that's what a Pyramid is there for  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Why's that they'll still be in the Scottish with the added attraction of a big game against decent opposition? 

The EOSFL may no be the best league in the world but teams would  soon find their level, I'm sure that's what a Pyramid is there for  :rolleyes:

Without a licence you're stuck at that level without chance of promotion. And the only hope of Scottish Cup entry would be winning the EoS. So if any of these clubs aren't close to licencing it seems a little fruitless to make the jump.

Kelty possibly being in the Scottish Cup next year might be part of the temptation to move now. They can cover the "step down" in league by having the carrot of a run or big tie in the Scottish Cup for the first year while they work on getting licenced during the season.