New clubs in the East of Scotland

Any further movement on this? I would imagine Kelty and Bo'ness would need to announce something soon to enable both leagues to sort themselves out for next season

They wouldn't need to publicly announce anything... So for all we know, they could have already got everything sorted or may be in the process of sorting it all out!

On 24/04/2017 at 11:53, edinabear said:

I still find it odd that some are dead against the idea of premiership colt clubs playing in the pyramid and yet we have Stirling uni reserves there!

I think if clubs join the EoS they're won't be a need for Reserve teams to fill the remaining spaces - hence they might ask Uni 2nds to f**k off

Some posts in the New Stadiums Thread look to confirm Kelty Hearts to the EoS. If only the rest of Scottish football was as interesting as the East Region Juniors moves:

• Craigroyston & Easthouses join with rumours of the likes of Ormiston to follow.
  • Kelty now buck the trend and leave for the EoS.
  • Also Montrose Roselea moving to the North Region, only to be stuck in the West Division.

21 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Some posts in the New Stadiums Thread look to confirm Kelty Hearts to the EoS. If only the rest of Scottish football was as interesting as the East Region Juniors moves:

• Craigroyston & Easthouses join with rumours of the likes of Ormiston to follow.
  • Kelty now buck the trend and leave for the EoS.
  • Also Montrose Roselea moving to the North Region, only to be stuck in the West Division.

Interesting, what thread is this on?

Seems like it's pretty certain now that they're moving (judging by the various posts online; obviously not a fact yet though).  I don't think anyone could have predicted a big junior club to move like this at the start of this season.  Game changer.

Well well well where's the humble pie from all the juniorists that said the EOSFL would die and  was finished :lol::lol:

Juniors to the EOSFL na it'll never happen the EoS clubs will go junior  :lol::lol:

Seriously on the positive side we're getting closer to a breakthrough we thought we'd never see. 

Edited by newcastle broon

13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Well well well where's the humble pie from all the juniorists that said the EOSFL would die and  was finished :lol::lol:

Juniors to the EOSFL na it'll never happen the EoS clubs will go junior  :lol::lol:

Seriously on the positive side we're getting closer to a breakthrough we thought we'd never see. 

Doesn't change the fact that the EoSFL is a busted flush, and if Kelty do indeed leave, they will expect to breeze through it in one season.  I wouldn't rule out other EoSFL clubs jumping ship the opposite way either.

Hopefully though if this all comes to pass, it's a wake up call to the SFA (and SJFA) to sort their shit out, Because this doesn't answer the question of where the West Junior clubs go.

Not that long ago Lothian 3-0 Kelty. might no be the breeze everybody thinks especially if Bo'ness and a n other join the EOSFL. I'd say it'll no be as weak as made out. 

It want be as easy a walk as Kelty think it may be, and therein lies the risk.

That no what a Pyramid for [emoji33]

There's no pyramid, otherwise you wouldn't need to resign from leagues.

Kelty are without a doubt gambling on going thru the EoS in one season, if they fail, then I guess their fans and sponsors won't fancy a long stay playing in front of two men and a dug every other week. That's the risk.

They'll also hope that other but Junior clubs follow them into the LL because that isn't exactly full of clubs attracting 3 figure crowds.

Do you have any evidence that Kelty think that it will be a walk in the park if they do join the EOS league?

No, it's an opinion, because otherwise it's a very big risk if they get stuck there for a few seasons.