Motherwell v Dundee, 29/4/17

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the players looked a bit more relaxed and a lot more confident today. Holt especially looked far more confident taking on players and getting good crosses / cut backs in.  

Overall a far more attacking and disciplined performance than we've seen of late.

Lucky smelly b*****ds.

Tam - Dundee is about to open the most culturally significant venue in the entire country, your manky town is getting papped out of the city of culture comp by fucking PAISLEY. Draw your own conclusions.

54 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

97534ae2430c96c0ffc925b6d81c8fc1.jpg

Hehe

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, it's clearly not why we lost but that's what? the 5th legit goal we've not been awarded this season? Moult's "offside" against Accies, McDonald's "offside" against Thistle, Mitchell falling into the goal with the ball, D'Acol heading the ball out from behind the line and now this one...f**k right off.

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, it's clearly not why we lost but that's what? the 5th legit goal we've not been awarded this season? Moult's "offside" against Accies, McDonald's "offside" against Thistle, Mitchell falling into the goal with the ball, D'Acol heading the ball out from behind the line and now this one...f**k right off.

AinsleyHarriottYouSeemUpset.jpg

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

giphy.gif

Ach well.  At least we learned today that the Scottish football authorities weren't making these types of decision as some sort agenda against Mark McGhee as he thought and claimed.  

I was genuinely astonished when that goal wasn't given, it was about a foot over the line before Hateley got anywhere near it. I know we got a dodgy goal last week but we have had some right shockers go against us this season. 

As for the display, I'm bemused how we managed to lose that. In complete control in the first half, not overly threatening but Dundee offered almost nothing going forward and Samson had nothing to do until he literally dropped the ball right on half time and we went in one down. You sense that gave Dundee a huge lift and they came out with a bit more intent 2nd half, although the defending for the 2nd and 3rd goals was criminal, far too easy beat. We huffed and puffed 2nd half and probably should have had at least a draw but it sums us up that we can score 2 goals at home to a team that has lost their last 7 games and still end up taking nothing from the game. 

Not only are we a fairly limited team with little quality, we're also a fairly meek side just totally lacking in character. Very few players today looking to stand up and be counted once we went behind, too many passengers looking to pass the buck and take the easy option. Would probably give pass marks to Moult in that regards, almost anything positive came through him and his goal was an absolute cracker. Felt sorry for Frear and Cadden, no lack of effort from either of them but neither of them are wing backs and neither of them can actually defend. With that in mind, and the fact we're playing a 3 at the back that includes a left back and our best central midfielder, you have to wonder why Robinson is persisting with this formation because it's all looking a bit square pegs in round holes at the minute. 

Mind when folk said this season wasn't as bad as the Baraclough one? Aye, well I'll stick to my assertion that this season has been every bit as bad and after watching that today I'm not convinced that this one is going to have a happy ending.

Fair fucks to Dundee btw, cracking away support today and they've now scored as many goals at Fir Park in 2017 as we have.

2 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Fair fucks to Dundee btw, cracking away support today and they've now scored as many goals at Fir Park in 2017 as we have.

Is that true? Considering you scored 3 against us over those two games, that's pretty shocking if so...

Another legitimate goal chalked off. Twice v Dundee. Not nearly as bad as the one at Dens. Just as well we don't play them again. Paul McGowan will shove it up his ass and run from the half way line towards his own goal and dive through the net and the ref will claim it was too close a call to give it. He could just see Paul's arse crack and no more. Seems fair to me.

fair fucks to Dundee - not their fault the officials are incompetent week after week. 

Almost annoyed we were awarded a wrong un last week as that will be cast up as all square by the fucknuggets that are on Sportscene.

Dundee are 1 point ahead of us yet taken 10 points off us. Bogey team for this season. At this rate it will be Raith Rovers next season. 

Is that true? Considering you scored 3 against us over those two games, that's pretty shocking if so...

Aye. Results at Fir Park in 2017 have been;

0-2 vs Rangers
0-3 vs Hearts
1-5 vs Dundee
1-2 vs St Johnstone
0-0 vs Accies
4-2 vs ICT
2-3 vs Dundee

So we've scored 8. Same as yourselves.

Archived