The Undesirables

Antlion

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

"Truly blind sectarian, loyalist belief" is one of the many foolish posts I've read on  here.  Maybe the one to top them all.

I think your "schismastic" one has it beat. Oh, wait, that's right - it's only ridiculous for people to apply labels when they don't share your brand of nationalism. It's ok for UK nationalist loyalists like yourself to spew forth invective, because *insert reason*. But when people dare malign UK nationalism, it's beyond the pale for them even to recognise it for what it is.

If supporters of Scottish statehood are "Scot Nats", "Balkanisers" and "schismatics", then supporters of UK statehood are "Brit Nats", "loyalists" and "separatists". 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just for fun

Why on earth would anyone possibly care who else supported the same side as you?????
What a truly bizarre thread.
Does anyone seriously enter a voting booth and think "OMG I can't vote for this person because the BNP or NF might vote the same way"?????

Obviously an alien concept.

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You do love you labels.

You forgot "Balkaniser", "Scot Nat", "shortbread muncher", and "separatist". They seem to be your own preferred labels of opprobrium, my jingoistic, Union Jack-worshipping, flute-playing, troglodytic friend.

32 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Wet Pishfart
Moan McVulpine
Pretend Dr Paul Moanathon
Lesley Ridiculous
Fat Lottery oddballs
Unfunny Wanky Boyle

Glen Minter worried that he wouldn't get a mention on a thread which has already listed the A-team of thick, knuckle-dragging, aggressive UK nationalists - and so he put his own candidacy forward!

That the best/most prosperous/least corrupt countries are or have been hugely influenced by the Reformation is a given with very few exceptions, Japan aside.  This is incontrovertible so I have no idea why you'd want to raise it again.

That's the Good shit.

6 minutes ago, Antlion said:

You forgot "Balkaniser", "Scot Nat", "shortbread muncher", and "separatist". They seem to be your own preferred labels of opprobrium, my jingoistic, Union Jack-worshipping, flute-playing, troglodytic friend.

You are clearly unable to distinguish between tawdry old tropes and prescient criticism.  Not that I'd expect a fan of Wee Tartan Drawers to understand.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You are clearly unable to distinguish between tawdry old tropes and prescient criticism.  Not that I'd expect a fan of Wee Tartan Drawers to understand.

In other words, you think your abusive nationalism is perfectly acceptable, but you object to being labelled in any way, because British Nationalism is just not to be defamed in the slightest. It's too pure, too good, too divine to even be spoken of.

Why, your raging stauner for the UK and its integrity as a single nation state is so glorious, no one is even allowed to acknowledge when you let it stick out in public.

Just for fun, why not tally up the embarrassments who align themselves with UK nationalism and Scottish nationalism. This is a thread for identifying the folk that you are or would be ashamed of being on the same side of the Indy debate as. 
Proud adherents of the Union Jack (and keeping Scotland under it) include:
Katie Hopkins
Nigel Farage
David Coburn
Effie Deans
Jill Stephenson
Reynard the Fox
Alistair McConnachie
Those not worth bragging about on the Indy side include:
Peter Dow
Natalie McGarry
John Mason
Keep it roasterish.

My mother...

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm not a nationalist.  I leave the epithet to you shortbread-munchers.

The worst kind of nationalist - the kind who actually thinks his brand is so exceptional it cannot even be described as nationalism, even as he argues passionately in favour of preserving his beloved unitary nation, and abusing all and any who dare question its continuance.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

That the best/most prosperous/least corrupt countries are or have been hugely influenced by the Reformation is a given with very few exceptions, Japan aside.  This is incontrovertible so I have no idea why you'd want to raise it again.

That's about as incontrovertible as my racist granda's claim that all of the world's conflicts other than Northern Ireland have been caused by the Moozlims. 

8 minutes ago, The OP said:

That's about as incontrovertible as my racist granda's claim that all of the world's conflicts other than Northern Ireland have been caused by the Moozlims. 

Except it's nothing like that.  However, Eire's standing in the world, which is thoroughly welcome, is entirely down to its British heritage and English-speaking roots.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

More dross.  I firmly support one United Kingdom at the heart of Europe.  A sensible, reasonable position.  I know it's not one you schismatics appreciate, though.

All four of the possible combinations of support from the Scottish and European referendums are legitimate in their own right.

I think at this stage though, the "keep Scotland in the UK and the EU" idea is a fine enough thing to support but the EU part of it absolutely isn't going to happen (within the UK at least) and it's not in any way unreasonable to accept that. That acceptance could either involve sucking it up that we're out of the EU as a result of Brexit or changing sides on the Independence question (and hoping for the best with Europe) - again, either option is fair enough.

This position that a lot of Unionists still seem to take, that they still firmly support the No/Remain sides and everyone who doesn't is a wrong'un, just doesn't wash anymore unfortunately. I think the last time I read you posting about this subject you were saying that Brexit won't happen because of good looking people in London or something. Think you should probably stop referencing how sensible and reasonable your positions are tbh.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Except it's nothing like that.  However, Eire's standing in the world, which is thoroughly welcome, is entirely down to its British heritage and English-speaking roots.

What about Liberia? (roughly 75% Protestant)

1 minute ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I think the last time I read you posting about this subject you were saying that Brexit won't happen because of good looking people in London or something.

Probably right.  Brexit is a blight and The UK is a sensible way of organising ourselves.  I can't think that any sane person would disagree with me.

Archived