Craig Whyte Trial

If I hadn't, already banked with Lloyds I'd have moved my account to them over the dead Rangers debacle.

One of my favourite quotes about them was, "There isn't a long term view, they [Lloyds] are only looking at it from a short term perspective".  Said an insider who spent many years racking up millions of pounds worth of losses, signing expensive players using dubious tax schemes.  

I think ra-peepil should be told which doddery auld kvnt with a penchant for cardigans said that (without a hint of irony).

Seems like a complete fvkkin dick whoever he was ;)

Yours

aDONis

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
James Dole Man missed this but luckily Andy was able to tweet it.
@BBCAndrewBlack Mr Shanks says club was living within its means and saw no need for the bank to write off any of its facilities.

5e0504df1a3d2c6f5d2c452ad2786776.jpg

They were living within their means.... at that particular moment in time...maybe because the bank were running the finances. But they still wanted out with their money repaid. Rangers wanted to write off £4 million.

If the debt was £33M and they wanted £4m written off,

If I asked the bank to write off 12% of my debt I doubt they would feel I was living within my means,

and feel sure they wouldn't be intersted in doing it.

James Doleman‏ @jamesdoleman  12m12 minutes ago

"Raises considerable concerns about their ability to deal with this very difficult situation" no "culture of prudent financial management"

James Doleman‏ @jamesdoleman  11m11 minutes ago

Findlay "We have a chairman who will blame anyone other than himself" Shanks "Correct"

On 2017-4-29 at 17:48, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?

So you've swallowed the line about the whole saga being down to Whyte then?

My goodness.  I thought only the most moronic of the Rangers faithful ran with that belief.

You live and learn - well some of us do.

So satisfying to see all the warnings from the less delusional BRALT posters about the s**tstorm that was Rangers before and during Sevco being confirmed in the Craigie Show at the High Court.

Murray trying to save (some of) his skin, a board made up of plonkers totally out of their depth, Lloyds pulling all the strings, with fantasy deals being discussed even at board level that were never going to happen. Meanwhile misleading the paying supporters totally without ever a hint of a reality check. All the bluster at the time about real 'football people' or even proper 'Rangers people' we can now see as stupid people telling people even more stupid than themselves what they wanted to hear. But then again the non loyalist blinkered BRALT posters did warn about this at the time. 

Look forward to seeing Martin Bain, John McClelland and John Greig give evidence in due course. Especially Greig in the witness box will be especially good for a laugh.

Can only guess that when the curtain comes down on the Craigie show, it will be closely followed by the Sir David show. Same venue, date to be announced, tickets at similar prices. 

14 hours ago, thelegendthatis said:

So satisfying to see all the warnings from the less delusional BRALT posters about the s**tstorm that was Rangers before and during Sevco being confirmed in the Craigie Show at the High Court.

Murray trying to save (some of) his skin, a board made up of plonkers totally out of their depth, Lloyds pulling all the strings, with fantasy deals being discussed even at board level that were never going to happen. Meanwhile misleading the paying supporters totally without ever a hint of a reality check. All the bluster at the time about real 'football people' or even proper 'Rangers people' we can now see as stupid people telling people even more stupid than themselves what they wanted to hear. But then again the non loyalist blinkered BRALT posters did warn about this at the time. 

Look forward to seeing Martin Bain, John McClelland and John Greig give evidence in due course. Especially Greig in the witness box will be especially good for a laugh.

Can only guess that when the curtain comes down on the Craigie show, it will be closely followed by the Sir David show. Same venue, date to be announced, tickets at similar prices. 

SEVCO to get the money for this early through Ticketus to fund some summer signings I assume,

Well it as likely as King opening the Warchest.

21 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Findlay "We have a chairman who will blame anyone other than himself" Shanks "Correct"

How unlike our own dear King.

The trial is playing out like the first few hundred pages of BRALT. 

All it needs is Bennett, Tedi, Kincardine, Bendarroch and No.8 in the public gallery sneering condecension at the revelations as 'Diddy wet dreams'

It's like when Charlotte fakes was on the go and all the details in that. Been interesting reading. Wonder if perception of who was duped has changed yet?

Archived