Jump to content

Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence


Recommended Posts

Fekkin ell. You think you know someone, then.... 

A close relative has just confessed that she voted "no" in the Indyref, contrary to what she said before. (Family court set for Saturday 😁

She said it was because of the doubts over continued EU membership.  She has come to her senses now and assures me that she's now a nailed on Yes voter. 

Small steps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Tories stupid framing of this as a pretend referendum means even in the event of a legal referendum enough of their stupid ultra yoons, as evidenced in here, will boycott it to deliver a Yes vote convincingly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fekkin ell. You think you know someone, then.... 
A close relative has just confessed that she voted "no" in the Indyref, contrary to what she said before. (Family court set for Saturday
She said it was because of the doubts over continued EU membership.  She has come to her senses now and assures me that she's now a nailed on Yes voter. 
Small steps. 


Love these stories, heard so many of them. Reminds me of the Only An Excuse sketch with the tartan army foot soldier voting no in the privacy of the polling booth. She’s lied to you once before, think she’s telling the truth this time?
IMG_8797.jpg
I suspect this poll is Brit Nat propaganda, but interesting none the less.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lex said:

 


Love these stories, heard so many of them. Reminds me of the Only An Excuse sketch with the tartan army foot soldier voting no in the privacy of the polling booth. She’s lied to you once before, think she’s telling the truth this time?
IMG_8797.jpg
I suspect this poll is Brit Nat propaganda, but interesting none the less.

It's not propaganda - but it's not entirely enlightening either. Ask the public if there should be a referendum in 5 years, they'll say Yes. Wait those 5 years, ask them if there should be a referendum that year and you'll get a No answer.

Same with GEs. People tend not to want to be bothered by politics (it's a particular disease of these isles) or think about it but in the end they'll engage with the issue if it's presented.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, renton said:

It's not propaganda - but it's not entirely enlightening either. Ask the public if there should be a referendum in 5 years, they'll say Yes. Wait those 5 years, ask them if there should be a referendum that year and you'll get a No answer.

Same with GEs. People tend not to want to be bothered by politics (it's a particular disease of these isles) or think about it but in the end they'll engage with the issue if it's presented.

Can't recall where but some people on here were previously discussing the idea we would have a referendum on if we wanted to have one. 

From what you've said that sounds like a very hard sell if it were to be the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Can't recall where but some people on here were previously discussing the idea we would have a referendum on if we wanted to have one. 

From what you've said that sounds like a very hard sell if it were to be the case. 

They've been asking the timing question every year since the referendum. People are always happy to have one '5 years from now' and less happy to have it '2 years from now' regardless of the time elapsed since the original referendum.

Yet the independence question is always framed as 'if a referendum were held tomorrow...' and always shows up different, and usually higher numbers to those who say they are happy to have a referendum in a longer time frame, let alone the more hostile numbers from the 2 year question.

That's besides the point that people keep voting for parties in every election that want to have one.

I always think that asking people about process tends to give weird numbers. No one wants to have to think about it, so are always happy to kick it into the long grass in their heads. Ask someone if they think Boris Johnson should be PM - they might say no - ask them again if they think their should be a GE 'soon' or 'next month' and you'll get a similarly negative response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the fact that the separatists are all under one banner and the unionists are divided on how to deal with this. SC ruling of legal would only deepen that divide.

Boycott or participate? Do they have numbers to do both? heh. Not likely.

Well played First Minister, well played.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

The Lib Dem figures are abject even by their recent standards. That's quite important though because it takes a lot of heat off Tory MPs in the southwest of England, where there are many two-horse races between them.

A model might predict a surprise Labour win there based on 55% of the vote, but neither that vote share or a Labour win in those marginals is going to actually happen. 

If the Tories were barely clinging onto second place in the polls then Truss/Kwarteng would be facing a complete meltdown in their parliamentary party right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

 

Latest poll suggests only 52% of 2019 Tory voters will definitely vote Tory next time around.  That’s pretty significant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, when was the last time a poll was announced where the Lib Dem share of the vote didn't drop?

Yet somehow they haven't fallen into negative figures or been relegated. Baffling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

Honestly, when was the last time a poll was announced where the Lib Dem share of the vote didn't drop?

Yet somehow they haven't fallen into negative figures or been relegated. Baffling.

Beazer Homes league is where they belong. With Willie Rennie managing in the Fife Juniors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New Scottish poll reveals the Tories are set to lose all 6 of their seats at the next general election. The SNP will gain one seat (49 total), Lib Dems will lose one (3 total), whilst Labour will gain six (7 total) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Donathan said:

New Scottish poll reveals the Tories are set to lose all 6 of their seats at the next general election. The SNP will gain one seat (49 total), Lib Dems will lose one (3 total), whilst Labour will gain six (7 total) 

Source?

BTW does that mean Ian (Fatty) Murray will be seventh choice for Secretary of State/Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...