Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

This was the other funny bit.  I know it’s never going to happen but a combination of the U.K. wide poll and the Scottish poll gives the result shown below where the Tories are annihilated and the SNP would be the official opposition!

E25A7326-A1AA-4B18-BCC6-0023AFAA86F2.thumb.png.f83224031cf1b426ec76489fcf22b64c.png

That level of Tory result would be perfect.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Nah. It just means that c***s in red would ignore us instead of c***s in blue. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd laugh and enjoy very much their humiliation and indeed the world would be a better place for it but, that result would be quite some distance from perfect. Despite the absence of any sort of mandate for Scotland they'd just carry out their Tory Zero programme with an even greater contempt for the Jocks who have, yet again, told them to go f**k themselves.

58 minutes ago, 101 said:

51 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd laugh and enjoy very much their humiliation and indeed the world would be a better place for it but, that result would be quite some distance from perfect. Despite the absence of any sort of mandate for Scotland they'd just carry out their Tory Zero programme with an even greater contempt for the Jocks who have, yet again, told them to go f**k themselves.

Yeah it would be bittersweet but I’d probably still be pissing myself laughing by the time of the subsequent GE.

54 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Depressingly you're probably right.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Depressingly you're probably right.

20221006_105401.jpg.85a779e7ce82cac4d5b2b91838201d26.jpg

"The SNP are not Scotland" claimed New Scottish Secretary Ian Murray, in between moutfulls of an enormous macaroni and caviar pie, sitting in a jacuzzi filled with vintage champagne, paid on expenses as he idly deletes emails from constituents begging for help with the cost of living crisis. 

8 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

20221006_105401.jpg.85a779e7ce82cac4d5b2b91838201d26.jpg

"The SNP are not Scotland" claimed New Scottish Secretary Ian Murray, in between moutfulls of an enormous macaroni and caviar pie, sitting in a jacuzzi filled with vintage champagne, paid on expenses as he idly deletes emails from constituents begging for help with the cost of living crisis. 

He really is the worst of the Labour party. He's learnt nothing from the monumental boot in the stones his former colleagues took, it's amazing he still gets in.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

He really is the worst of the Labour party. He's learnt nothing from the monumental boot in the stones his former colleagues took, it's amazing he still gets in.

The reasons Ian Murray is MP for Edinburgh South are entirely about Edinburgh South and f**k all to do with Ian Murray.

The latest YouGov/Times Scottish Westminster voting intention poll finds that Labour’s vote share has increased by nine points to 31% since May, the best figure YouGov has recorded for the party since Labour’s collapse in Scotland at the 2015 general election, whilst the Tories are down seven points to 12%. Nonetheless, the SNP still come out on top, losing just one point to bring them down to 45%.

Sampling taking place between 30th Sep & 4th Oct so mostly before the Tories Tax U-turn - my opinion is that wouldn't turn into many extra Scottish Labour MPs as the Yoon vote has been tactically aware since the 2015 GE.

Can Labour win a majority of seats in England/Wales at the next GE - it might look possible now but I reckon two years of Tory whataboutery backed up by the rightwing press will make it a tough task for Labour.

Things must be getting REALLY bad for the Government - the "don't look over here, look over there" has reached even more ridiculous levels. 

Apparently the population is so pliable that what we need now to calm a restless population and nervous markets is a new photo of the late Queen's favourite pony. 

No, really... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63187795

On 07/10/2022 at 09:55, Suspect Device said:

Not saying that 292 wouldn't be a whopping majority, and deeply embarrassing for the incumbents, but I'm not sure that "biggest majority since we started counting five elections ago" is quite as impressive as they seem to think it is.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Things must be getting REALLY bad for the Government - the "don't look over here, look over there" has reached even more ridiculous levels. 

Apparently the population is so pliable that what we need now to calm a restless population and nervous markets is a new photo of the late Queen's favourite pony. 

This "Buckingham Palace has released a photo" thing feels like something from a century ago. They could take, edit, and upload a hundred photos of their fucking horse (or King Chuckles) on a website within a couple of hours.

Is this part of the whole "look how anachronistic and useless we are" schtick?

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Neigh mare horse photos please.

8 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Saw this earlier and couldn't understand why the BBC appear to think an article showing a horse, for no more significant a reason than who, precisely, owned the horse, was in any way a 'news' story or worthy of their main news website. It's mortifying to think that this is a supposed 'respected worldwide' organisation. Al Jazeera genuinely are more honest, objective, and impartial.