Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

I don't think either of us will live to see another night like that of the 1st of May 1997.

Well, maybe you will.

Jo Swinson is still 999/1 to be the Prime Minister according to oddschecker.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

don’t think I’ll be putting any money on it but if you’re feeling foolish…

I'm trying to find out if, according to the bookies, there is a better chance of Hearts winning the Europa league than there is of Jo Swinson being PM but I haven't found odds for the Jambonians yet. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The Portillo moment? 

Excellent stuff, but I took particular pleasure in Michael Forsyth's exit.

The best had to be David Mellor getting emptied and trying to deflect by having a screaming meltdown about what a loser James Goldsmith was because it wasn't him that unseated the toe-sucker.

Christ, that was the election where Martin Bell finished off Neil "Cash 4 Questions" Hamilton too.

4 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

It's surely Ad Lib doing the Dale Carrick as Jum Murphy is emptied.

I can’t decide on it being Ad Lib with the subtle chuckle or Sturgeon giving it big licks at the Swinson result. I think the latter, because I saw it live and greatly enjoyed the resulting gammon seethe. Beautiful seeing Ad Lib living out the dream tho. 

10 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I can’t decide on it being Ad Lib with the subtle chuckle or Sturgeon giving it big licks at the Swinson result. I think the latter, because I saw it live and greatly enjoyed the resulting gammon seethe. Beautiful seeing Ad Lib living out the dream tho. 

Jim Murphy's farewell could only have been made better if he'd bitterly got tore into Ad Lib for losing his deposit.

Politicians losing their shit is the reason for staying up 'til silly o'clock every few years.

23 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Lovely. Funny how a couple of weeks ago when I suggested this outcome and plenty of letters some of the more grumpy da's on here acted like what I was saying was impossible and my thoughts were based on nothing. 

I'm sure they'll be along swiftly to update their own predictions. 

1 minute ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Lovely. Funny how a couple of weeks ago when I suggested this outcome and plenty of letters some of the more grumpy da's on here acted like what I was saying was impossible and my thoughts were based on nothing. 

I'm sure they'll be along swiftly to update their own predictions. 

There's obviously a long way to go before the next GE. If the Tories suffer very bad bye election results, they might get rid of BoJo the clown and then just blame him for everything and hope the electorate will be fooled. 

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

There's obviously a long way to go before the next GE. If the Tories suffer very bad bye election results, they might get rid of BoJo the clown and then just blame him for everything and hope the electorate will be fooled. 

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if poor by-election results is what gets the numbers over the line. It's a stretch but I'm hoping for Cummings to be sitting on better pictures and to have more of an explosive downfall. 

I saw a poll the other day that had Zahawi as one of the top contenders to replace him so I can't see anyone in the party that could win over the electorate in time if that's the case. 

One of the main points relevant to this forum is Labour are likely to get in without needing the SNP. Where does that put Indy or the appetite for it? 

19 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if poor by-election results is what gets the numbers over the line. It's a stretch but I'm hoping for Cummings to be sitting on better pictures and to have more of an explosive downfall. 

I saw a poll the other day that had Zahawi as one of the top contenders to replace him so I can't see anyone in the party that could win over the electorate in time if that's the case. 

One of the main points relevant to this forum is Labour are likely to get in without needing the SNP. Where does that put Indy or the appetite for it? 

The usual 45/50%. Not enough to win indyref2. 

Depressingly. 

On the brighter side, that mean Sturgeon would probably bugger off to some highly paid NGO job or similar. Not sure the next leader would be any better. Could be a lot worse. Humza Useless would be the worst option.

Sir Keef must be absolutely insufferable right now.

Shame his strategy of masterful inactivity won't pay off when an actual election is on hand and the tax cuts start getting dangled.

32 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The usual 45/50%. Not enough to win indyref2. 

Depressingly. 

On the brighter side, that mean Sturgeon would probably bugger off to some highly paid NGO job or similar. Not sure the next leader would be any better. Could be a lot worse. Humza Useless would be the worst option.

Not sure if it’s misogyny with you or something else.  I’m going to go with misogyny.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure if it’s misogyny with you or something else.  I’m going to go with misogyny.

Massive John Swinney fan IMO.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You go with what you want. My reasons for disliking Sturgeon are nothing to do with her gender and everything to do with her actions and equally importantly, her inactions.

It's such a lazy attitude to immediately brand someone who doesn't like a female politician as a misogynist. If I said, I dislike Priti Patel, would you assume it is because of her gender? 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Massive John Swinney fan IMO.

Jesus Christ, no. 

There aren't many in the SNP that I would have much faith in but he would be well down the list.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

You go with what you want. My reasons for disliking Sturgeon are nothing to do with her gender and everything to do with her actions and equally importantly, her inactions.

What things hasn’t she done that you think she should have?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

What things hasn’t she done that you think she should have?

The most recent thing she has done completely wrong imo were the restrictions in December.

Giving Humza Useless any sort of responsibility is another poor decision.