Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

37 minutes ago, Lex said:

Remarkable figures really. Brexit, Boris and everything else in the last eight years that we were assured were going to help the separatist cause.

Yet it's still 55/45.

Must be heartbreaking for nationalists.

Why would it be heartbreaking when the Nationalist cause is in a far stronger position than it was pre 2014 referendum? I think you arch unionists should be very worried. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Why would it be heartbreaking when the Nationalist cause is in a far stronger position than it was pre 2014 referendum? I think you arch unionists should be very worried. 

Been hearing similar for about ten years. Why do you think YES is still behind?

4 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It's dispiriting because we are making no further progression against an utter shitshow backdrop. What actually has to happen to convince the necessary extra 10% or so that we would be better off independent?

14 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

The irony of saying they live in a fantasy bubble. Thinking that there will be a Labour government after the next election is looking more and more fantastical. With you condoning the utter destruction of the fabric of society under this Conservative government shows the delusion and fantasy you think under.

Errr they do. 

They've continuously said on here that Indy is inevitable and going by some threads it's clear people's timing predictions have been utterly made up and laughable. They're going off pure hope and fantasy. 

Your last part is just gibberish. Labour will likely be in power in the next few years. SIndy is a busted flush.

" condoning the utter destruction of the fabric of society" 

^^^ That genuinely made me laugh out loud. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

10 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Errr they do. 

They've continuously said on here that Indy is inevitable and going by some threads it's clear people's timing predictions have been utterly made up and laughable. They're going off pure hope and fantasy. 

Your last part is just gibberish. Labour will likely be in power in the next few years. SIndy is a busted flush.

" condoning the utter destruction of the fabric of society" 

^^^ That genuinely made me laugh out loud. 

Labour will not win a majority. England are naturally Tory and have the government they want. All because Brexit opened Pandora's box.

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Labour will not win a majority. England are naturally Tory and have the government they want. All because Brexit opened Pandora's box.

We'll agree to disagree. I think Labour will form a government after the next GE. 

Either way this is about Independence not who's in charge of Westminster and it looks like people in Scotland are content with the union and closer politically to the rest of the UK than the minority Indy supporters. 

26 minutes ago, Lex said:

Been hearing similar for about ten years. Why do you think YES is still behind?

Multiple issues and crises to deal with. Namely Covid. We are just now getting our lives back and the public have been purely concentrated on that and now the cost of living crises. During a single issue referendum minds will be focused on what is laid before them.

Just now, Albus Bulbasaur said:

We'll agree to disagree. I think Labour will form a government after the next GE. 

Either way this is about Independence not who's in charge of Westminster and it looks like people in Scotland are content with the union and closer politically to the rest of the UK than the minority Indy supporters. 

I certainly wouldn't say that Scotland is content. 45% are dissatisfied. That is the base vote to start from at the next referendum. A far stronger position than the previous referendum. 

I certainly wouldn't say that Scotland is content. 45% are dissatisfied. That is the base vote to start from at the next referendum. A far stronger position than the previous referendum. 

45% of voters. Closer to 35% of the population...

Most of those are content anyway they would vote Indy if they had the choice but they don't seem fussed that they don't have the choice anytime soon. They seem pretty settled with the SNP in charge but not actually having a referendum so I'd class that as content. 

There quite frankly isn't the appetite to hold a referendum. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

45% of voters. Closer to 35% of the population...

Most of those are content anyway they would vote Indy if they had the choice but they don't seem fussed that they don't have the choice anytime soon. They seem pretty settled with the SNP in charge but not actually having a referendum so I'd class that as content. 

There quite frankly isn't the appetite to hold a referendum. 

The appetite has been suppressed due to the pandemic and now the cost of living crises. This will not happen overnight. But will happen. Since Brexit it has blown apart the myth that we are all as one. We are not. We have polar differences on a fair idea of society. 35% of the population? Are you including people in Scottish society that are ineligible to vote. That is pure deflection. After all it is the voters who will decide, not newly born babies etc.

Multiple issues and crises to deal with. Namely Covid. We are just now getting our lives back and the public have been purely concentrated on that and now the cost of living crises. During a single issue referendum minds will be focused on what is laid before them.

I hear what you say and you do deserve respect for your perseverance.

I suffered much the same regarding Brexit but eventually, thanks to Nigel Farage, it happened.

So, you never know, it might happen.

However, in the meantime, don’t you think it might be an idea for the SG to cooperate with Westminster rather than constantly picking fights.

A couple of examples- they could have saved money if they had gone along with WM on the census but,no, they had to do it themselves and it’s turning out to be another disaster. Also, they are refusing to embrace GM crops when all the science and the farming community tell them that It is safe and will improve crop yields.

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

The appetite has been suppressed due to the pandemic and now the cost of living crises. This will not happen overnight. But will happen. Since Brexit it has blown apart the myth that we are all as one. We are not. We have polar differences on a fair idea of society. 35% of the population? Are you including people in Scottish society that are ineligible to vote. That is pure deflection. After all it is the voters who will decide, not newly born babies etc.

Not in either of our lifetimes. We don't have polar differences on a fair idea of society, half the population votes for centre right parties. Pretty much the same as England. 

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Not in either of our lifetimes. We don't have polar differences on a fair idea of society, half the population votes for centre right parties. Pretty much the same as England. 

IMO, it is clear as day that we are poles apart on our ideas on a fair society. As for centre right parties, you only have to look at the Tory government is of a far right persuasion. Elected on the issue of Brexit, NOT a fairer society. The Brexit vote spewed out the differences between the two nations and England just don't understand us.

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

IMO, it is clear as day that we are poles apart on our ideas on a fair society. As for centre right parties, you only have to look at the Tory government is of a far right persuasion. Elected on the issue of Brexit, NOT a fairer society. The Brexit vote spewed out the differences between the two nations and England just don't understand us.

Aye this is just waffle tbh. 

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I see. No answer then? Unionist deflection on full here.

What am I meant to be answering?

You personally believe English voters are dramatically different from Scottish voters. This isn't factually true. 

You hope Indy will happen, well done that's on you, I can't really dispute your feelings can I? I'm happy to disagree. 

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I hear what you say and you do deserve respect for your perseverance.

I suffered much the same regarding Brexit but eventually, thanks to Nigel Farage, it happened.

So, you never know, it might happen.

However, in the meantime, don’t you think it might be an idea for the SG to cooperate with Westminster rather than constantly picking fights.

A couple of examples- they could have saved money if they had gone along with WM on the census but,no, they had to do it themselves and it’s turning out to be another disaster. Also, they are refusing to embrace GM crops when all the science and the farming community tell them that It is safe and will improve crop yields.

Picking fights? It may be that WM are stepping on the toes of devolved issues, and let's be honest for once in your lifetime, they have history of riding roughshod over protocol, The Queen, Northern Irelan etc. GM crops. The little I know is that SG  are against it for reason of promoting Scottish agriculture and the international strength and reputation of that and believe GM would only damage that.

1 minute ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

What am I meant to be answering?

You personally believe English voters are dramatically different from Scottish voters. This isn't factually true. 

You hope Indy will happen, well done that's on you, I can't really dispute your feelings can I? I'm happy to disagree. 

The English and Scottish are of the same language, but not the same ideals. English public generally have a "I am all right Jack" little Englanders attitude. They are internationally insular. Again Brexit proved that beyond doubt.

1 minute ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

The English and Scottish are of the same language, but not the same ideals. English public generally have a "I am all right Jack" little Englanders attitude. They are internationally insular. Again Brexit proved that beyond doubt.

Thanks for an insight into your personal views. I don't think they mean anything objectively speaking though. 

The polls posted were objective, this is just birthday caird pish. 

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Thanks for an insight into your personal views. I don't think they mean anything objectively speaking though. 

The polls posted were objective, this is just birthday caird pish. 

Aye, Labour are a nap, but.

3BB4DF50-89DD-4774-805E-3A644E8C7248.png