Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

12 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Forgive me, I wasn’t aware of him. Nice to see so many others were. I’m sure the “civic and joyous” welcomed him with open arms, unless of course, the poor soul was born in England.

Cue, some of my best friends are English!

What a pathetic attempt at deflection.

The National Party of Scotland (forerunners of the SNP) were founded in 1928. At that time, Watson had been dead for 7 years.

A delightful bit of good old Scottish whataboutery.
Forgive me, I wasn’t aware of him. Nice to see so many others were. I’m sure the “civic and joyous” welcomed him with open arms, unless of course, the poor soul was born in England.
Cue, some of my best friends are English!
Nice to see some things never change, and you remain a monumental idiot [emoji23]

I’m pretty sure you’ll forgive me for not being aware of some tacky mural, daubed on what looks like some abandoned signal box in a godforsaken hell hole.
That abandoned signal box in a godforsaken hell hole has a bit of history to it. History of particular relevance to those posting to a Scottish football forum. But you're forgiven.

14 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I’m pretty sure you’ll forgive me for not being aware of some tacky mural, daubed on what looks like some abandoned signal box in a godforsaken hell hole.

That's Hampden Bowling Club, which is built upon the site of the first Hampden Park, the first purpose-built enclosed stadium (with turnstiles!) in the UK, if not the world.

Every post you make is further proof of your idiocy.

Edited by lichtgilphead

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

That's Hampden Bowling Club, which is built upon the site of the first Hampden Park, the world's first purpose-built enclosed stadium (with turnstiles!) in the UK, if not the world.

Every post you make is further proof of your idiocy.

Welcome back from your quick Wikipedia check……p***k.

Genuinely, I thought that the vast majority of people with an interest in Scottish football would have heard of Andrew Watson.

And the idea that Mo Johnson was welcomed by Rangers fans :lol: It happened five years before I was born and even I know that’s utter nonsense.

1 minute ago, Glen Sannox said:

Welcome back from your quick Wikipedia check……p***k.

Yeah, because I've never visited First Hampden, Second Hampden or Third Hampden.

That would just be totally impossible, given that I don't actually live in Glasgow.

Did you know that Second Hampden was used as a carpark for the 1972 cup final, which your beloved Hibs lost heavily?

Yeah, because I've never visited First Hampden, Second Hampden or Third Hampden.
That would just be totally impossible, given that I don't actually live in Glasgow.
Did you know that Second Hampden was used as a carpark for the 1972 cup final, which your beloved Hibs lost heavily?

The boy just repeatedly self-owns. A complete and utter simpleton.

16 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Of course I knew that. Only a Scottish football philistine would be unaware of the car parking arrangements at the 1972 cup final.

7 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Of course I knew that. Only a Scottish football philistine would be unaware of the car parking arrangements at the 1972 cup final.

Did you get that information from Wikipedia, or from actually being there, like I was?

I doubt you could even give the score in the match without looking it up.

11 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

One of Scottish football's lowlights in the late 80s was Rangers fans instantly forgetting about how awful racism was the second Celtic signed Paul Elliott.

I can go further back than that.  I remember the less enlightened fans at Ibrox in the 1970s singing a short and less than welcoming chant about the skin colour of Celtic's Paul Wilson, who was born in India. 

No point in hiding from the truth.  There were problems then and there's problems now. 

11 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Genuinely, I thought that the vast majority of people with an interest in Scottish football would have heard of Andrew Watson.

And the idea that Mo Johnson was welcomed by Rangers fans :lol: It happened five years before I was born and even I know that’s utter nonsense.

I was about 10 when Mo Johnston signed for Rangers. It was the news story for about a week. The tabloids, front pages and back pages. Fans ripping up season tickets and saying to the TV news "ah'll no' be back". 

He won most over by scoring goals, but that took time. And a hard core never, ever took to him. 

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

Another poll out. No still ahead.
IMG_6312.jpg
This Brexit bounce for yes is coming any day now.

Wait, what? I thought the proud Scottish regionalist line was that the Brexit Bounce had come last year in the successive Yes majorities, and dissipated when - silly gooses - we realised that those clever folk in England and Wales knew what was best for us after all?

On 05/08/2021 at 10:58, scottsdad said:

I was about 10 when Mo Johnston signed for Rangers. It was the news story for about a week. The tabloids, front pages and back pages. Fans ripping up season tickets and saying to the TV news "ah'll no' be back". 

He won most over by scoring goals, but that took time. And a hard core never, ever took to him. 

Can't remember where this quote around that time came from...

This is a disaster. It has turned brother against brother, lodge against lodge. I know they had to sign a catholic sometime but did it have to be that yin?

5 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
8 hours ago, Lex said:
Another poll out. No still ahead.
IMG_6312.thumb.jpg.20ced639beeca9330a69d3c2bee0aff2.jpg
This Brexit bounce for yes is coming any day now.

No 16/17 year olds, apparently.

"No 16/17 year olds, apparantly"

2f7.jpg

7 hours ago, Antlion said:

Wait, what? I thought the proud Scottish regionalist line was that the Brexit Bounce had come last year in the successive Yes majorities, and dissipated when - silly gooses - we realised that those clever folk in England and Wales knew what was best for us after all?

😂

Wow. That's a salty salty post. 

Edited by SANTAN