Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

In context in 1999, it was 2 years after a huge Labour government and there was still a feelgood factor and relief in Scotland of finally getting a Labour government and in the same year as Holyrood came into being with a LibDem/Labour coalition. There wasn't a sniff of a Tory administration.  Now we have the dirt,most corrupt and most inept government in my life time and the Scottish Nationalist cause is even stronger.  I think today's polls are more apt and sustainable. 

Ok.

31 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

It's posted to show that such levels of polling have occurred over 2 decades ago. 

What the rest of the UK thinks will happen is largely irrelevant anyway so would pay no mind to either poll tbh.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I was a child, to be fair, but I don't really remember a general feeling that Scotland was particularly close to independence in 1999. We'd just convincingly voted in Labour governments in WM and HR.

There was hardly any talk of independence in 1999 it was all about devolution and getting more powers for Scotland. 

Anyway on a different subject we must be due a poll soon it nearly been a week now since the last one from Panelbase. 

7 minutes ago, Pato said:

I was thinking the other day, I can hardly remember anything much that Holyrood did between 1999 and 2007. Did free bus travel for coffin dodgers come in before then or after?

Free personal care for the elderly?

2 hours ago, Pato said:

I was thinking the other day, I can hardly remember anything much that Holyrood did between 1999 and 2007. Did free bus travel for coffin dodgers come in before then or after?

The smoking ban was the only thing that was in any way controversial pre SNP, (there was the McLeish affair and a c**t set fire to some curtains in a hotel but generally the public wern't much arsed about the goings on) , we were the first in the uk to get it and there was a feeling that since labour had control north and south that we were being used as the guinea pigs.

6 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

While it's beliefs are that of Liberalism, it has tended to be more Conservative than anything and with people like Rees-Mogg( an arch right winger), and Nigel Lawson( an arch free marketeer), at the helm it does tend to show a more right wing bent. And it has backed Conservatives in general elections more than any other political party. I agree it isn't a Tory rag in the mould of the Mail, Express,Telegraph etc,but  it isn't a 'long' way from a 'Tory rag.

There's that old adage about the FT being the most Marxist newspaper because it talks to the ruling classes without having to cover itself in the necessary propaganda to trick the masses.

Brian Souter's private referendum in favour of homophobia was the most memorable early Scottish parliament event.

Keep The Clause got more votes in favour of keeping Clause 28 as legislation than any party has ever recieved in a Holyrood election. Scary stuff and hopefully they are all deid.

Any of the bookies posted up constituency betting pages?  

Ladbrokes have odds for Glasgow Southside and Edinburgh Central.

Glasgow

Sturgeon 1/20
Sarwar 10/1
100/1 bar

Edinburgh

Robertson 2/7
Douglas (Con) 3/1
16/1 bar

7 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Ladbrokes have odds for Glasgow Southside and Edinburgh Central.

Glasgow

Sturgeon 1/20
Sarwar 10/1
100/1 bar

Edinburgh

Robertson 2/7
Douglas (Con) 3/1
16/1 bar

It'd be great to see that Edinburgh Central result, but Edinburgh folk can be a truculent lot sometimes... 😳

27 minutes ago, It's my pancreas, John. said:

Anyone know if the bookies place a cap on wagering?   For example I'd quite like to put down 3k on the SNP winning the election at 1/100 or whatever.   It would pay for a meal out and would come with absolutely no risk attached.  

it would have to get approved if you went into a shop but I can't imagine you would have any trouble with putting that on.

3 hours ago, It's my pancreas, John. said:

Anyone know if the bookies place a cap on wagering?   For example I'd quite like to put down 3k on the SNP winning the election at 1/100 or whatever.   It would pay for a meal out and would come with absolutely no risk attached.  

They will have a cap on their liability but not necessarily the stakes placed.  But as their liability will be £30 at those odds, they'd take it.

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It'd be great to see that Edinburgh Central result, but Edinburgh folk can be a truculent lot sometimes... 😳

The most priggish man in Scottish politics is a shoe in for Edinburgh Central. I don’t back “money on” shots, but for those that do, fill yer boots.

3 hours ago, It's my pancreas, John. said:

Aye, I feel sorry for all those poor bookies dishing out free cash. 

43 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

The most priggish man in Scottish politics is a shoe in for Edinburgh Central. I don’t back “money on” shots, but for those that do, fill yer boots.

Who's the second most priggish man in Scottish politics?