Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Encouraged, but it could be around 99% Yes and I’d still be shit scared we’d bottle it again.

I would tend to agree, but on the other hand UK politics has become such a shit-show since September 2014 that we are now in a completely different landscape.  The soft No voters perhaps assumed they were voting for certainty and security, but now upheaval is a given whatever happens.  There will likely become a point in the near future when the choice for the Scottish electorate will become remaining on the Titanic or heading for the lifeboats.  And that point a whole swathe of elderly Unionist voters of 2014 will have been replaced by a much more independence-minded youthful cohort.  Watch this space.

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Encouraged, but it could be around 99% Yes and I’d still be shit scared we’d bottle it again.

I would tend to agree, but on the other hand UK politics has become such a shit-show since September 2014 that we are now in a completely different landscape.  The soft No voters perhaps assumed they were voting for certainty and security, but now upheaval is a given whatever happens.  There will likely become a point in the near future when the choice for the Scottish electorate will become remaining on the Titanic or heading for the lifeboats.  And that point a whole swathe of elderly Unionist voters of 2014 will have been replaced by a much more independence-minded youthful cohort.  Watch this space.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No one will believe the inevitable lies from the no campaign this time around either. UK government wont give us up easily tho and will do anything to hold onto us, they're quite aware that Scotland becoming independent diminishes their power and they know we'll have the upper hand being a part of the EU. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they try and strip powers/shut down Holyrood or if a vote does go ahead they'll try and stop EU citizens and 16/17 year olds from voting.

9 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

No one will believe the inevitable lies from the no campaign this time around either. UK government wont give us up easily tho and will do anything to hold onto us, they're quite aware that Scotland becoming independent diminishes their power and they know we'll have the upper hand being a part of the EU. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they try and strip powers/shut down Holyrood or if a vote does go ahead they'll try and stop EU citizens and 16/17 year olds from voting.

On the plus side, the more obvious and anti-democratic their tactics, the more they’ll delight Scotland’s John Bulls but turn off reasonable folk.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

On the plus side, the more obvious and anti-democratic their tactics, the more they’ll delight Scotland’s John Bulls but turn off reasonable folk.

Yeah that's true and folk should see it as the desperate acts that they are. Another plus is this Johnson government continuing to be a shambles and with Brexit incoming I can see polls hitting the high 50s at least. Should really pile the pressure on.

7 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Yeah that's true and folk should see it as the desperate acts that they are. Another plus is this Johnson government continuing to be a shambles and with Brexit incoming I can see polls hitting the high 50s at least. Should really pile the pressure on.

Aye, the busier the inept Johnson and his crew of spivs, criminals, and racists are in fleecing what they can out of Brexit, the better placed Scotland will be. Ideally, the UK will be fighting a war on two fronts, trying to keep the Scots in their place and bury the shitstorm of Brexit under Trumpian lies and faux optimism.

Edited by Antlion

• 4 weeks later...