Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Got to be a bit of a pisser for Unionists who think Sturgeon/the SNP are incompetent. They'd need to be literally flinging shit at each other to come across worse than the ruling party in Westminster.

Always seems to happen, a solid or decent poll for Yes followed by Scotland in Union giving a 60-40 against one the week later. 

Be interesting to see what the results are of that. I guess if we don't hear anything of it, it'll be too ticht or a Yes win! 

On 11/06/2020 at 20:10, Baxter Parp said:

Scotland In Union last time, I think.

Going by the obviously misleading question it will be Scotland in union. 

They're absolutely bricking it as support for indy is creeping up and up. 

On 11/06/2020 at 20:25, Colkitto said:

Totally absurd YouGov poll on independence on it's way. Will be interesting to see who commissioned it!

what is the issue exactly with the question - aside from  the question not being polar as the first two response options suggest. but given that YES is still the indy side and NO is remain, is the issue solely down to linguistics as in "leave" and "stay"? I can't consider it a misleading question (unless I am missing something), but wonder how many pollsters responses are swayed by the thought of "staying" or "leaving" UK to such a simple question. I can't believe that many but do appreciate that wording is important. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Great stuff. Unionists, Alex Salmond and Joanna Cherry will be equally unhappy. 

Why would Alex Salmond and Joanna Cherry be unhappy with further evidence that we are progressing towards Independence?

19 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Those are truly dreadful numbers for the Tories. Carlaw will be gone soon I suspect.

That's about the only negative as it would be great to see him exposed in debates with Nicola in advance of May 2021....then again if they replaced him with someone like Murder Fraser it would be even more hilarious. 

Maurice Golden seems to be on tv a great deal at present and is surely considering himself to be a candidate to be next leader.

11 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Because it shows that the FM's strategy is working and they'll be less able to make trouble for her. 

I seriously dont think they want to make trouble for her directly.  Independence trumps any squabbles that they may have - I think a lot of the noise in the background is being stirred up by the likes of the 77th Brigade and other Unionist plants.  Yes Salmond has good reason to be extremely angry but I do not believe it is with Nicola herself.

Edited by Caledonian1

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

The Times have a poll.....more snpeeee bad stories incoming 

IMG_20200705_082345.jpg

Incredible polling for the SNP. And in line with a series of polls with a pro-independence majority even within the margin of error. 

Independence now has a real feeling of inevitability about it

2 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Oh right I see - you're a crackpot. Best of luck to you

you started it by stating that a former leader of the SNP and a current MP would be unhappy that polling suggest the SNP (and wider independence movement) increasing it's majority at Holyrood - I would suggest that is more akin to the thinking of a "crackpot"