Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'd certainly like a few more SNP MPs but, if it ends like that, it's a fair showing if that Unionist vote sticks with the Tories.

I could live with Sweeney staying on if we lose the likes of Stepphen Kerr and Kirstene Hair.

Edited by Sunrise

Seats%20changing%20hands%20GE2017%20-%20

According to this Bolsover is gone. Dennis Skinner. Tony Blairs old seat of Sedgefield. The much discussed Lanark loss for the SNP.  Labour only making a couple of gains in London, so totally unable to make headway in remain land.

Still its only a poll. A good one but it could have a systematic error in its methodology. We shall have to wait till 10pm Thursday when the exit polls come out.. 

13 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I'll believe Labour are keeping five seats in Scotland when I see it.

Eminently possible - East Lothian has never been an SNP stronghold. Perhaps Sweeney can milk the (inexcusable BTW) closure of the Caledonian Rail Works to hold on, while Gaffney may survive as the SNP are fraught with infighting in North Lanarkshire, last I heard.

Edited by Sunrise

3 hours ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Well unfortunately for you Paulo, the SNP is a party in the UK which democratically voted to leave.

Was it democratic when we were lied to that voting no was the only way to safeguard Scotland's place in Europe? Or are you just another sycophantic British nationalist who will bend it any way to deny this.

16 minutes ago, The OP said:

I’m in Glasgow NE and swithering between Labour and SNP, having been SNP at the last two elections.

I volunteered on Anna McLaughlin's campaign in 2017 and it was clear she had nothing to say and nothing to offer. I don't think anything's changed in the 2 years since. Then again Paul Sweeney parked his campaign car outside my door on Saturday and chapped every door in the cul-de-sac bar mine so f**k him as well.

Edited by NotThePars

33 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Seats%20changing%20hands%20GE2017%20-%20

According to this Bolsover is gone. Dennis Skinner. Tony Blairs old seat of Sedgefield. The much discussed Lanark loss for the SNP.  Labour only making a couple of gains in London, so totally unable to make headway in remain land.

Still its only a poll. A good one but it could have a systematic error in its methodology. We shall have to wait till 10pm Thursday when the exit polls come out.. 

Labour will gain more than 2 seats imo. I expect them to gain more like 10. There is some low hanging fruit after 2017. The mood music is changing. I now believe we will hold my constituency of Bedford which has a majority of 1,000.  Corbyn coming for eve of poll rally tomorrow night will push us over the line. If we are holding these type of seats there will be more than 2 gains imo.

Edited by Bedford White

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I want Paul Sweeney and Stuart McDonald to bridge the political divide as a sort of beardier speccier Dugdale/Gilruth thing for the greater good.

Both of them come across as fannies online and can act like weasels in their day-to-day dealings but I've seen them do far more for their constituencies than their challengers ever have.

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I volunteered on Anna McLaughlin's campaign in 2017 and it was clear she had nothing to say and nothing to offer. I don't think anything's changed in the 2 years since. Then again Paul Sweeney parked his campaign car outside my door on Saturday and chapped every door in the cul-de-sac bar mine so f**k him as well.

He does seem like a relatively good MP but this isn’t based on any in-depth knowledge and he certainly won’t be focusing his campaign on the wee middle class island I live in (nor should he tbf).