Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

So where are your posts saying anyone supporting Johnson are disgusting? If what you're ultimately saying is that all the parties are as bad as each other then how can you start throwing the moral shade at someone just because they're supporting the party you oppose.

I understand that you think you sound really smart here but it’s actually quite the opposite. I was responding to a post where Ball Watcher said you have to continue backing Hanvey. This is despite his anti-semitic and transphobic comments. Therefore I was not throwing the ‘moral shade’ at anyone, you thick c**t.

I don’t support Johnson directly and my local Conservative candidate hasn’t made any wrong comments. When all the leaders are incompetent and have either made discriminatory comments (Johnson, Corbyn, Farage) or are undemocratic (Corbyn, Swinson, Sturgeon) then you just have to back what’s best for your consticuency and your family. That is the Conservatives.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This has been pointed out to Mixu on more than one occasion.  Maybe he has problems processing new information.

I think his point is that, if the party have adopted that definition, there's nothing more to be said on the issue. The man had to be dropped; end of story. There's no point discussing the rights or wrongs of that.

Whether the party should have adopted that definition is another matter.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

What relevance does any of this have to an SNP candidate conducting themselves contrary to the adopted definition?

'Adopted definition?' My point is, Kenneth S. Stern has argued that where it has been adopted in the manner it has against individuals such as specific candidates in this election, it has been misapplied in a 'McCarthy-like manner'. 

Voting Conservative is supporting Johnson.
No amount of mental gymnastics will change that fact.

By the same logic, voting Labour is supporting Corbyn, and voting SNP is supporting Sturgeon. Two leaders who don’t want the result of a democratic vote to stand and one of them being an anti-semite.

I’m voting for the Conservatives on Thursday due to their policies and their manifesto. They are also the only party outside the Brexit Party willing to deliver on democracy.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think his point is that, if the party have adopted that definition, there's nothing more to be said on the issue. The man had to be dropped; end of story. There's no point discussing the rights or wrongs of that.

Whether the party should have adopted that definition is another matter.

That's about the size of it: political parties have been foolish in this, and of course, many other assumptions.

1 minute ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

I understand that you think you sound really smart here but it’s actually quite the opposite. I was responding to a post where Ball Watcher said you have to continue backing Hanvey. This is despite his anti-semitic and transphobic comments. Therefore I was not throwing the ‘moral shade’ at anyone, you thick c**t.

I don’t support Johnson directly and my local Conservative candidate hasn’t made any wrong comments. When all the leaders are incompetent and have either made discriminatory comments (Johnson, Corbyn, Farage) or are undemocratic (Corbyn, Swinson, Sturgeon) then you just have to back what’s best for your consticuency and your family. That is the Conservatives.

Right then. You're obviously fine with an open racist and homophobe having the most powerful post in the country as you've never made any mention of having any issue with him before now conveniently. You're always talking about how excited you're going to be in a few days. Very strange thing to say for someone you have apparently so many issues with having a majority in parliament to play with. Especially as so many others in his party have these same accusations as Boris does.

Put all the spin you want on it you hypocritical mug.

Just now, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

By the same logic, voting Labour is supporting Corbyn, and voting SNP is supporting Sturgeon. Two leaders who don’t want the result of a democratic vote to stand and one of them being an anti-semite.

I’m voting for the Conservatives on Thursday due to their policies and their manifesto. They are also the only party outside the Brexit Party willing to deliver on democracy.

Nah, I'd never vote SNP if they had someone like Johnson as their leader. I'm being totally serious.

Morals are important to some people.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Explain why it matters on the facts of the Hanvey case in particular.

I’m not, I’m pointing out that you continually use the definition as if it should not be challenged.  I belief it should as do many others.

Right then. You're obviously fine with an open racist and homophobe having the most powerful post in the country as you've never made any mention of having any issue with him before now conveniently. You're always talking about how excited you're going to be in a few days. Very strange thing to say for someone you have apparently so many issues with having a majority in parliament to play with. Especially as so many others in his party have these same accusations as Boris does.
Put all the spin you want on it you hypocritical mug.

It’s either have:

Boris Johnson - a racist homophobe, democratic

Jeremy Corbyn - a flip-flopping anti-semite, undemocratic

Does everyone have to back Corbyn to be prime minister otherwise they are hypocritical mugs?

8 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Every party has it’s fair share of twats. All of the leaders as individuals are pretty much unbackable so you’ve got to look at party politics and manifestos to make your choices.

The Twat's Twat, perhaps.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Hanvey liked a cartoon of The Rothschilds controlling Soros controlling the American military. The SNP dropped him.

Where, specifically, was the McCarthyite tendency in this chain of events?

The quote 'McCarthy like manner' is specifically from Kenneth S. Stern. That's why I placed it in quotation marks. 

I think it's obviously clear that if this was an election based on "judge us on our record" then the Conservatives would be toiling. Their record is shit. 

It's  about conning enough idiots that they'll  "GET BREXIT DONE"- even though it will take years and years of negotiations with trade deals taking this and the next parliament to formalise. 

Day to day stuff will continue to be shit (or worse) under the Tories. 

Gammons will accept this as a price worth paying.

10 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

It’s either have:

Boris Johnson - a racist homophobe, democratic

Jeremy Corbyn - a flip-flopping anti-semite, undemocratic

Does everyone have to back Corbyn to be prime minister otherwise they are hypocritical mugs?

No but someone saying voting for an alleged transphobe and anti-smite is disgusting but hand waving off racism, homophobia and anti-Semitism on the other sides as oh they're all as bad as each other is hypocritical.

All to justify your weird one vote is democratic but another vote is undemocratic nonsense.

Edited by Rodhull

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That's about the size of it: political parties have been foolish in this, and of course, many other assumptions.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but they'd have been vulnerable to a pasting in the press if they didn't.

Personally, I don't get the impression that anyone involved in these anti-semitism outcries actually believes they're outing genuine institutional prejudice against Jewish people. It's a stick to beat your opponents with, and the Tories have won on this occasion; Labour are supposedly anti-semitic, which most folk have realised is a bad thing. The Conservatives have been accused of prejudicial views on Muslims - opinion on whether that's a bad thing or not is divided, to say the least.

No but someone saying voting for an alleged transphobe is disgusting but hand waving off racism, homophobia and anti-Semitism as oh they're all as bad as each other is hypocritical.
All to justify your weird one vote is democratic but another vote is undemocratic nonsense.

Nope. I wasn’t waving off anything, I was pointing out the hypocrisy of a rabid nat that was willing to back blatant transphobia and anti-semitism but slag Boris for all sorts. It’s Nat hypocrisy at its finest.

Any vote is democratic, cancelling the result of a vote is not. If you vote Labour, SNP or LibDems you are effectively encouraging anti-democracy.

5 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Nope. I wasn’t waving off anything, I was pointing out the hypocrisy of a rabid nat that was willing to back blatant transphobia and anti-semitism but slag Boris for all sorts. It’s Nat hypocrisy at its finest.

Any vote is democratic, cancelling the result of a vote is not. If you vote Labour, SNP or LibDems you are effectively encouraging anti-democracy.

Voting Conservative is encouraging Johnson and his chums.

Anyone who votes for that has no morals whatsoever.

Because I said so.