John Lambies Doos

Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

More suggestions on Sky News (from Edinburgh) that Boris's message of "getting Brexit done" is winning over the Scottish electorate. As if Boris's crap deal going through at the end of January means that's Brexit over and done with!
All I can think of here is that Scottish Tories knocking on doors must be finding mostly English folk who have chosen to make their homes in Scotland.

That is, quite literally, what is winning the Tories so much support. In an obviously Brexit-fuelled election, most people that voted Leave are blind to everything else and obviously aren’t going to back Remain parties. They have no other option.

18 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

That is, quite literally, what is winning the Tories so much support. In an obviously Brexit-fuelled election, most people that voted Leave are blind to everything else and obviously aren’t going to back Remain parties. They have no other option.

Rest of the campaign is about persuading remainer Tory voters to vote smart to avoid no deal. The jump in the polls for the tories was due to Farages surrendering. The only way is down for the Tories from here. It's why they've got the rabbi to try and shore the vote up in London seats.

4 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Rest of the campaign is about persuading remainer Tory voters to vote smart to avoid no deal. The jump in the polls for the tories was due to Farages surrendering. The only way is down for the Tories from here. It's why they've got the rabbi to try and shore the vote up in London seats.

I reckon that could backfire - his comments are yet more unsubstantiated assertions, light on detail and facts, and designed solely to damage Labour.  It is also patronising for him or any other religious leader to assume that their flock meekly follows whatever is handed down from the pulpit - this is 2019 not 1919.  I have yet to meet anyone who is exercised about Labour's alleged treatment of it's Jewish members and MP's; that's not to say that there are not incidents and individuals to be dealt with, but I wonder what this holy man thinks of, for example, the scandalous treatment of the Windrush generation, or the crisis in London's rented housing sector. 

I'd also hazard that most abuse directed towards British Jewry will still come from the extreme political right, as it has done for generations.  He's either being naïve or malicious, which is it ?

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I reckon that could backfire - his comments are yet more unsubstantiated assertions, light on detail and facts, and designed solely to damage Labour.  It is also patronising for him or any other religious leader to assume that their flock meekly follows whatever is handed down from the pulpit - this is 2019 not 1919.  I have yet to meet anyone who is exercised about Labour's alleged treatment of it's Jewish members and MP's; that's not to say that there are not incidents and individuals to be dealt with, but I wonder what this holy man thinks of, for example, the scandalous treatment of the Windrush generation, or the crisis in London's rented housing sector. 

I'd also hazard that most abuse directed towards British Jewry will still come from the extreme political right, as it has done for generations.  He's either being naïve or malicious, which is it ?

I sincerely hope the Rabbi's offensive and inaccurate comments spectacularly backfire.

With any luck traditional labour voters will be inspired to come out in huge numbers on December 12th, and get Corbyn  elected with a small majority, which will of course benefit the SNP.

If this was to mean Jewish Communities moving to Israel in their droves, so be it. But do know what? That's just never going to happen.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He's either being naïve or malicious, which is it ?

He wants a Government that will rubber stamp the Trump backed annexation of the West Bank, and he'd accuse me of antisemitism for saying so. 

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He wants a Government that will rubber stamp the Trump backed annexation of the West Bank, and he'd accuse me of antisemitism for saying so. 

^^^

This.

I sincerely hope the Rabbi's offensive and inaccurate comments spectacularly backfire.
With any luck traditional labour voters will be inspired to come out in huge numbers on December 12th, and get Corbyn  elected with a small majority, which will of course benefit the SNP.
If this was to mean Jewish Communities moving to Israel in their droves, so be it. But do know what? That's just never going to happen.

Is this meant to be “tongue in cheek”?

As someone who doesnt particularly like Corbyn or the labour party I find it absolutely mad that they are accused of anti-semitism. From what i’ve seen Corbyn is a critic of the horrific Israeli actions in Gaza and the West Bank in stealing homes and committing genocide amongst the Palestinians. I heard a caller to LBC suggest that not supporting Berger when she left the labour party was wrong, Berger was a fucking terrible MP who was more tory than labour, but because she happens to be jewish its seen as antisemitism, im not doubting that individuals may have expressed anti-semitic comments and that is reprehensible, however thats not reflective of Corbyn imo. It does seem that being an outspoken critic of israel gets you labelled as anti-semitic.

6 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Is this meant to be “tongue in cheek”?

No.

What part of it don't you understand?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

If this was to mean Jewish Communities moving to Israel in their droves, so be it.

I understand you perfectly then.

If you don’t understand that this statement is clearly anti-Semitic, then it’s no wonder that you don’t understand the Labour party’s problem.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As someone who doesnt particularly like Corbyn or the labour party I find it absolutely mad that they are accused of anti-semitism. From what i’ve seen Corbyn is a critic of the horrific Israeli actions in Gaza and the West Bank in stealing homes and committing genocide amongst the Palestinians. I heard a caller to LBC suggest that not supporting Berger when she left the labour party was wrong, Berger was a fucking terrible MP who was more tory than labour, but because she happens to be jewish its seen as antisemitism, im not doubting that individuals may have expressed anti-semitic comments and that is reprehensible, however thats not reflective of Corbyn imo. It does seem that being an outspoken critic of israel gets you labelled as anti-semitic.

Anti-Zionism = Anti-Semitism.

I thought everyone knew that.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

More suggestions on Sky News (from Edinburgh) that Boris's message of "getting Brexit done" is winning over the Scottish electorate. As if Boris's crap deal going through at the end of January means that's Brexit over and done with!

All I can think of here is that Scottish Tories knocking on doors must be finding mostly English folk who have chosen to make their homes in Scotland.

BBC Radio Scotland was broadcasting from the Dingwall Mart (much missed from the centre of town) this morning and leaving aside the reference to the unpleasant miasma*, there were a couple of vox pops  from rurals who parroted this line.

If I recall correctly, they also made mention of other areas that are devolved to Edinburgh and therefore inappropriate for discussion in the context of a Westminster election.

They seemed to me to be reassuringly uninformed.

*through the medium of sound, it wasn't clear to me whether the smell emanated from the immediate vicinity or the general neighbourhood.

10 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I understand you perfectly then.

If you don’t understand that this statement is clearly anti-Semitic, then it’s no wonder that you don’t understand the Labour party’s problem.

My point concerned Corbyn getting elected, which is what the Rabbi has concerns over. If many Jews wish to leave the country given that scenario, that is clearly their prerogative. 

I do not believe Corbyn has an anti-semitic bone in his body.  I guess you think otherwise?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

And ensure the continuation of arms sales to Israel, which Labour wish to end.

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

My point concerned Corbyn getting elected, which is what the Rabbi has concerns over. If many Jews wish to leave the country given that scenario, that is clearly their prerogative. 

I do not believe Corbyn has an anti-semitic bone in his body.  I guess you think otherwise?

If you want Corbyn as Prime Minister why don't you f**k off to Russia Venezuela?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If you want Corbyn as Prime Minister why don't you f**k off to Russia Venezuela?

I'd sooner f**k off to Dingwall - despite its miasma*

(*See Sophia's post above)

15 hours ago, JMDP said:

You haven't. You never even tried. Attempt number five: Do you think it is acceptable for the prime minister to be a racist and a homophobe? It is fairly simple. 

Supplementary: Do you think it is hyperbolic to call someone who uses the word "bumboys" a homophobe? Would you use that word? If not, why not?

I answered your question. 

I have now reported you for your blatant trolling. Hopefully the moderators will take action this time. 

To be clear I am not a racist, nor a homophobe and voting Conservative does not make me one either. I have already stated that Boris Johnson is not someone I respect or support and I have outlined why I see the other parties and political leaders as similarly flawed in character and principle. I have also explained that the reason I am voting Conservative is because I trust them with the most important issue that affects us all. I trust them to run the economy well. 

Now take you hate filled hyperbole and muck spreading and go f**k off! 

5 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Well, I for one am shocked that Malky turns out to be both a homophobe and a racist.

I am neither.