Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

You have listed the social values prevelant in the 1960s, not ones specific to the "working class". 
For example on gay rights
Clements-figures-attitudes-to-homosexuality-01-2017-F1.png&key=718b7b0a6f43a302a03ba6cd1387140c893b7cb045d2605fdeec4bb6a634300f

Opposition has dropped massively in the past couple of decades. 
Similar trends on immigration. 

_105886676_imm_chart-nc.png&key=dba3313609ac0475f92f11d01cb0547184220643a7c1f0e2d8799304ea467148

The Conservative party always aims its message towards the older more reactionary elements of society, while Labour, in part tends to appeal to the younger.  Trying to make this out to be some kind of class issue is a nonsense. 

.Screenshot_20191125-202309_Drive.jpeg

13 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Firstly, I'm not sure that a 'soft' Tory voter exists anymore. People vote Tory in general because they hold right-wing values, and with the Tories now swinging to the far-right these voters will simply re-appraise and re-adjust their own values to match this. 

Secondly, the fact remains that if a 'soft' Tory voter is looking for an alternative, what is there ? It's unlikely these voters will swing right round the political scale and vote for Labour under Corbyn.  

The only possibility is that they'll vote LibDem, but all the polling suggests that simply isn't happening.  

I suspect Tories...whether 'hard or 'soft'.....are dazzled by the bright lights that Johnson is shining, and will continue to vote for the party. All the evidence shows that the Tory vote is holding up, so I'm afraid your hope may be a rather forlorn one. 

This is utter nonsense. 

I will vote conservative in the general election, not because I'm a far right wing goose stepping jackbooted lunatic, but because i have looked at the various manifestos and I believe that Conservatives are the safest pair of hands for our country at the moment. I voted to remain, and I am no supporter of Boris Johnson, but when I look at the competition he looks like the sanest option

Corbyn is promising to bankrupt the UK. Sturgeon is promising to bankrupt an Independent Scotland, and Swinson is standing on an anti democratic and morally bankrupt pledge to overturn a referendum result on the back of what would be an overwhelmingly minority vote. 

7 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

This is utter nonsense. 

I will vote conservative in the general election, not because I'm a far right wing goose stepping jackbooted lunatic, but because i have looked at the various manifestos and I believe that Conservatives are the safest pair of hands for our country at the moment. I voted to remain, and I am no supporter of Boris Johnson, but when I look at the competition he looks like the sanest option

Corbyn is promising to bankrupt the UK. Sturgeon is promising to bankrupt an Independent Scotland, and Swinson is standing on an anti democratic and morally bankrupt pledge to overturn a referendum result on the back of what would be an overwhelmingly minority vote. 

C'mon Malky behave yourself!

You vote conservative because you hate the poor and the disabled.

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

C'mon Malky behave yourself!

You vote conservative because you hate the poor and the disabled.

I think it is you and your hyperbolic mates in this echo chamber who need to behave yourself.  :rolleyes:

As stated on here last night WASPI is going to be the game changer. Was quickly dismissed as fantasy island by virginton but low and behold first soundings bear out my campaigning in Bedford yesterday.

@faisalislam

v. small sub sample - ICM had 55-64 year olds breaking 49:21 Con/Lab last week - so at least double in 3 polls so far ... now 42:31 & no longer straight line -ve correlation between age & Lab vote. Waspi effect? Half the poll taken after announcement

ICM Voting Intentions - General Election 2019: Poll 4 - icmunlimited

icmunlimited.com

7:08 pm · 25 Nov 2019·Twitter for iPad

Edited by Bedford White

28 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

This is utter nonsense. 

Do you think it is acceptable for the Prime Minister to be a racist and a homophobe?

3 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Do you think it is acceptable for the Prime Minister to be a racist and a homophobe?

I think you are in a hyperbolic tailspin with no ability to take in the reality. 

Corbyn and his Labour Party currently stand accused of anti semitism. 

The SNP's last leader is in court in January charged with 14 counts of sexual misconduct, and the party itself was torn apart not that long ago over same sex marriages and over Section 28. 

Every one of these leaders and parties are flawed but on the grounds that there doesn't seem to be a better or more sane option out there I'll be voting Conservative. 

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

I think you are in a hyperbolic tailspin with no ability to take in the reality. 

The SNP's last leader is in court in January charged with 14 counts of sexual misconduct, and the party itself was torn apart not that long ago over same sex marriages and over Section 28. 

Every one of these leaders and parties are flawed but on the grounds that there doesn't seem to be a better or more sane option out there I'll be voting Conservative. 

Do you think it is acceptable for the prime minister to be a racist and a homophobe?

Just now, Malky3 said:

Which one of the options are you voting for? 

Another example of you not having the bottle to answer a question.

Do you think it's acceptable for the prime minister to be a racist and a homophobe?

6 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Corbyn doesn't have a racist or anti semitic bone in his body, and what's the point of mentioning the Former leader of the SNP, which to date, hasn't been found guilty of anything?

4 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Another example of you not having the bottle to answer a question.

Do you think it's acceptable for the prime minister to be a racist and a homophobe?

Oh FFS!! I've answered your question. Maybe not as directly as you like but I've answered it. What I can also see is you 100% refusing to answer mine. 

Which one of the lunatic options will you be voting for? 

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

Oh FFS!! I've answered your question. Maybe not as directly as you like but I've answered it. What I can also see is you 100% refusing to answer mine. 

Which one of the lunatic options will you be voting for? 

You didn't answer (something you have from for).  I ask again - do you think it is acceptable for the prime minister to be a racist and a homophobe?

It is telling that you think the terms "racist" and "homophobe" are hyperbole with regards to awful language such as picaninnies, letterboxes and bumboys. Says a lot about you. 

Maybe you can answer my question on the fourth attempt.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Corbyn doesn't have a racist or anti semitic bone in his body, and what's the point of mentioning the Former leader of the SNP, which to date, hasn't been found guilty of anything?

Really? So I guess you reckon all these Jewish ex party members are just out to get him and his party? 

I also note your attempt to sidestep the issue of Section 28 and of same sex marriage. 

How many of those SNP fan boys voted for any of these MSP's who voted against same sex marriage? 

Dr Alasdair Allan (Na h-Eileanan an Iar) (SNP)

Roseanna Cunningham (Perthshire South and Kinross-shire) (SNP)

Fergus Ewing (Inverness and Nairn) (SNP)

Richard Lyle (Central Scotland) (SNP)

Angus MacDonald (Falkirk East) (SNP)

John Mason (Glasgow Shettleston) (SNP)

Dave Thompson (Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch) (SNP)

3 minutes ago, JMDP said:

You didn't answer (something you have from for).  I ask again - do you think it is acceptable for the prime minister to be a racist and a homophobe?

It is telling that you think the terms "racist" and "homophobe" are hyperbole with regards to awful language such as picaninnies, letterboxes and bumboys. Says a lot about you. 

Maybe you can answer my question on the fourth attempt.

As I said I have answered it. You though have yet again ducked my question to you. I think that speaks volumes about your character. You call me a coward, whilst cowering yourself.