Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Leaving the EU will be good for the Scottish economy in the long-term
Agree: 23% Disagree: 44%

Brexit has changed my view on Scottish independence
Agree: 45% Disagree: 22%

Couldn't this just be down to every YES voter involved giving their answer on the issue and most NO voters refusing to give an answer?

"I am waiting to see what impact Brexit has on me before deciding how I would vote in another independence referendum
Agree: 49% Disagree: 19%."

Given that brexit could take years to be sorted out and the impact even longer and probably more insidiously than some may expect, this question looks bad news for independence

Just now, glasgow-sheep said:

"I am waiting to see what impact Brexit has on me before deciding how I would vote in another independence referendum
Agree: 49% Disagree: 19%."

Given that brexit could take years to be sorted out and the impact even longer and probably more insidiously than some may expect, this question looks bad news for independence

It's on a bad thing If you think Brexit will be good for the UK.   

Any supporter of Independence would want the figures to lean the way the poll suggests.    We need numbers.  Yes lost by 11%.  

31 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

According to Kevin Schofield Labour threw everything at that including Gordon Brown and their vote went down by 8% emoji3.png

Clackmannanshire Central By-Election, 1st Prefs; SNP - 40.9% (+2.6) Labour - 31.9% (-8.0) Con - 19.8% (+3.2) UKIP - 3.3% (+3.3) Green - 2.5% (-2.7) Lib Dem - 1.7% (+1.7)

30 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

How normal is it for "didn't transfer" to come 2nd?

I normally stick on Tories as my dead last preference, does that mean lots of Tory and Labour voters didn't do this with SNP?

It's fairly abnormal since '14 - usually you get a solid bloc of Unionist switchers one way or the other. Possible that Brexit may be starting to cleave that bloc apart.

I normally stick on Tories as my dead last preference, does that mean lots of Tory and Labour voters didn't do this with SNP?
No idea but often get an impression folk don't realise they can rank candidates and just mark one box

Labour take a 5 pt lead over the Tories - not sure if this is a rogue or outlier or a genuine shift.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/shock-poll-finds-public-support-for-labour-has-soared-amid-brexit-turmoil-with-jeremy-corbyn-taking-a4105301.html

Labour would need the SNP to form a government - on a supply and confidence basis not a coalition.

On 29/03/2019 at 11:07, MixuFixit said:

Is it best to do that or leave them blank?