• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
John Lambies Doos

Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

This still doesn’t beat bobthetank saying Westminster did the Salisbury poisoning to take the Holyrood power grab off the six o clock news.

Old poll but still.

648.png?width=620&quality=85&auto=format

Edited by dorlomin

Tories more interested in 'taking back control' than preserving the union. The precious, precious Union.

Quelle surprise

25 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Tories more interested in 'taking back control' than preserving the union. The precious, precious Union.

Quelle surprise

But only as far as the English parliament. Control must never be anywhere else, upwards or downwards.

18 minutes ago, Antlion said:

But only as far as the English parliament. Control must never be anywhere else, upwards or downwards.

The UK parliament. There isn't an English Parliament. 

42 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

The UK parliament. There isn't an English Parliament. 

Not yet, but with any luck there might very well be one before too long.

;)

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Not yet, but with any luck there might very well be one before too long.

;)

Like, are you saying you want 4 or 5 independent countries in the British Isles?

How come people can't just say what they mean anymore

just say what you mean, 

13 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

How come people can't just say what they mean anymore

just say what you mean, 

OK.  

I think you're a fucking dick mate.    

2 minutes ago, The new Kia Ceed said:

OK.  

I think you're a fucking dick mate.    

Seedless. 

17 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Which part of his post is "pish" exactly.

Surely it cannot be the bit about Corbyn being unelectable in middle England.

Because that bit is bang on.

Despite having most incompetent, useless, divided UK govt in living memory, the main opposition have made barely a dent in the polls. What does that say?

What, from this?

Middle England won't vote Corbyn into office so I don't think Labour will gain south of the border from the last GE where they performed better than expected.    Most switchers down south will go Tory to UKIP  if the government goes into the election offering a softer Brexit.    The Lib Dems should gain ground with calls for a peoples vote.      

In Scotland I can see Labour slipping a little and the SNP taking the votes that were offered because Corbyn became leader.      Quite possible the minority parties ( not Con, Lab)  could receive more than a 1/3 of all votes.  

1. "Middle England"? The majority of folk I speak to (in a public service of the "crown on the shoulder" type) have gradually come round to the idea that, much as they aren't impressed by Corbyn, a vote for the Tories (i.e. any non-Labour vote) simply promises more of the same shite. At least Labour are offering change, and an increasing number are willing to give them a chance. 

2. "Better than expected". By who, exactly? I had a nice wee spread bet with a work colleague when he said Labour would lose at least thirty seats. Three hundred and fifty quid later, he pays a wee bit more attention...

3. Why on earth would anyone switch to a single-issue party whose issue is no longer relevant - especially when the Tories are enacting policy the BNP and even NF would have hesitated to promote? 

4. I think you might underestimate the effects of the Lib Dems' betrayal on Tuition fees. People down here, especially those who were directly affected, their parents, and those who are now faced with the opportunity of Labour's free NES, will never vote for Cable's zombies.

5. I do not have the on-the ground knowledge of the issue in Scotland, although I do feel Labour took their voters for granted for far too long and opened the door for the SNP to take advantage. 

6. To suggest that the Tories and Labour won't amass 420 seats between them is frankly batshit mental. 

^^^^

Rose tinted specs of delusion

1) Middle England (ie the largest voting block in the UK) consistently votes Tory. The only time it has broke the mold in the last 40 odd years has been to elect a new labour party that was only slightly less right wing than the John Major tories they displaced.

Why should Scotland continue putting up with getting governments it doesn't elect. Bolt.

2) Peak Corbym and yet they still could not empty the most inept Tory govt in modern history. Says it all.

3) Thats just ignorant Britnat pish not worthy of comment.

4) who cares

5) You admit you do not have the on ground knowledge. You are correct.

6) Yep. You are almost certainly right on this point also.