Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Despite the anti-Labour bias at a U.K. level and all the anti-Semitic lies aimed at Corbyn, Labour and the Tories still neck and neck.

It will be funny if Mogg and Johnson force a GE and the Tories lose office.

If Corbyn has any chance at getting the keys to number 10 after a general election he'll need the help of the SNP. 

Trident out of Scotland and indyref2 powers for starters in any deal I would imagine....... 

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Despite the anti-Labour bias at a U.K. level and all the anti-Semitic lies aimed at Corbyn, Labour and the Tories still neck and neck.

It will be funny if Mogg and Johnson force a GE and the Tories lose office.

That's quite an interesting slant on it.

My take would be "Despite the Conservatives running the worst government in living memory, the PM have massive negative approval, the country heading towards a hard Brexit and economic meltdown, Labour and the Tories are still neck and neck".

Any other leader, and Labour would be 20 point clear in the polls. "Even" Ed!

If Corbyn has any chance at getting the keys to number 10 after a general election he'll need the help of the SNP. 
Trident out of Scotland and indyref2 powers for starters in any deal I would imagine....... 
Problem is.... If SNP don't support Corbyn and it leads to a GE and Torys get back in. Then we get the tartan Tory shite

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

That's quite an interesting slant on it.

My take would be "Despite the Conservatives running the worst government in living memory, the PM have massive negative approval, the country heading towards a hard Brexit and economic meltdown, Labour and the Tories are still neck and neck".

Any other leader, and Labour would be 20 point clear in the polls. "Even" Ed!

I get where you’re coming from but everbody and their granny (no pun intended) said we would never have a ‘Trotskyist’, ‘IRA sympathising’, ‘unilateralist’, ‘anti-Semite’ Corbyn PM.

Given the conservative nature of the public and the media hostility, together with huge swathes of his own PMs trying to undermine him, I had doubts myself.

Yet he’s very much a contender.

ETA I agree that any ‘moderate’ Labour leader would be miles ahead but we really don’t need another Tory lite, Blair like c**t as PM.

Edited by Granny Danger

I get where you’re coming from but everbody and their granny (no pun intended) said we would never have a ‘Trotskyist’, ‘IRA sympathising’, ‘unilateralist’, ‘anti-Semite’ Corbyn PM.
Given the conservative nature of the public and the media hostility, together with huge swathes of his own PMs trying to undermine him, I had doubts myself.
ETA I agree that any ‘moderate’ Labour leader would be miles ahead but we really don’t need another Tory lite, Blair like c**t as PM.

Full agree with your final statement,GD. Whether approving of Corbyn's leadership or not, the Party has actually got a raft of policies which for the first time in a generation put clear water between the parties, and mean there is a real choice. We have got our party back and nowhere is that more evident in the responses to Umunna's stance. No,Chuka, we don't think you know what's best for us. We do, however, feel your pain at the fundamental changes in Labour. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on the other side of the House? Door, arse, way our, etc. Yours, half a million Party members.

There's a high possibility that Labour and the Tories aren't actually neck and neck at all. It's just to make people in Scotland think that they can influence the outcome by voting Labour instead of SNP. When the general election comes around again, it'll be another landslide victory for the tories, with the SNP losing support because of muppets switching back to Labour thinking it would make a difference.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Problem is.... If SNP don't support Corbyn and it leads to a GE and Torys get back in. Then we get the tartan Tory shite

They will support Corbyn over a Tory getting in to No 10. But the government has to function and that's when they will require support - at a price.  

18 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Full agree with your final statement,GD. Whether approving of Corbyn's leadership or not, the Party has actually got a raft of policies which for the first time in a generation put clear water between the parties, and mean there is a real choice. We have got our party back and nowhere is that more evident in the responses to Umunna's stance. No,Chuka, we don't think you know what's best for us. We do, however, feel your pain at the fundamental changes in Labour. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on the other side of the House? Door, arse, way our, etc. Yours, half a million Party members.

:lol:

You've got a spineless leader who backs Brexit and loads of mental shitebags interested only in themselves trying to depose him by making up shite about anti-semitism. You've got folk in the Labour calling for a breakaway party. They still back Trident yet claim to oppose austerity.

In the Scottish branch you still have cretins who seem to have a single policy; oppose absolutely everything the SNP do. To achieve this end they continue to throw their lot in with the Tories and plot with them against the big bag SNP.

Is that really the Labour you want? 

There's a high possibility that Labour and the Tories aren't actually neck and neck at all. It's just to make people in Scotland think that they can influence the outcome by voting Labour instead of SNP. When the general election comes around again, it'll be another landslide victory for the tories, with the SNP losing support because of muppets switching back to Labour thinking it would make a difference.

That’s true. They rigged away the Tory majority at Westminster last year to cut the SNP’s vote at the next election.

Middle England won't vote Corbyn into office so I don't think Labour will gain south of the border from the last GE where they performed better than expected.    Most switchers down south will go Tory to UKIP  if the government goes into the election offering a softer Brexit.    The Lib Dems should gain ground with calls for a peoples vote.      

In Scotland I can see Labour slipping a little and the SNP taking the votes that were offered because Corbyn became leader.      Quite possible the minority parties ( not Con, Lab)  could receive more than a 1/3 of all votes.  

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

What if the tories get back in again with another majority government, complimentary of the English electorate and all that happens in Scotland is people giving up their SNP vote for absolutely nothing?

‘A high possibility’.

My word.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

What if the tories get back in again with another majority government, complimentary of the English electorate and all that happens in Scotland is people giving up their SNP vote for absolutely nothing?

Don't think anyone is suggesting the SNP should give up their vote to vote Labour. I'm talking about parliamentary arithmetic for Corbyn with the support of SNP MP's to keep the Tories out of No 10

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

:lol:

You've got a spineless leader who backs Brexit and loads of mental shitebags interested only in themselves trying to depose him by making up shite about anti-semitism. You've got folk in the Labour calling for a breakaway party. They still back Trident yet claim to oppose austerity.

In the Scottish branch you still have cretins who seem to have a single policy; oppose absolutely everything the SNP do. To achieve this end they continue to throw their lot in with the Tories and plot with them against the big bag SNP.

Is that really the Labour you want? 

I’m an SNP member but I can recognise the changes Labour are going through and they are changes for the better; they are far from perfect yet again no political party is.  I would not vote Labour but post Independence I would want a political party in Scotland more akin to the present Labour Party than the previous one.

It’s a sad reality that many members/supporters of political parties are unable to be self critical.  I have already mentioned on here that the SNP conference will not debate Brexit, a shocking decision but no one on here is prepared to criticise it or defend it.

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

?