Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

The UK is choosing a different path.
It appears to be choosing a new path which makes an attempt to wean us off our culture of dependency and entitlement and back to a time where we stood on our own two feet where only those who truly need help are getting it. I cant see how anyone can argue with that TBH.

bf25afef24b0031740e7acf9c4f43c39.jpg

His ego really won't be satisfied until the lower orders are begging for coins in the gutter, just like the good old days.

Well, maybe not then either. Those middle-class folk really don't work as hard as they could do, you know...

I think he shows some signs of Asperger Syndrome.

• limited or inappropriate social interactions
• "robotic" or repetitive speech
• challenges with nonverbal communication (gestures, facial expression, etc.) coupled with average to above average verbal skills
• tendency to discuss self rather than others
• inability to understand social/emotional issues or nonliteral phrases
• lack of eye contact or reciprocal conversation
• obsession with specific, often unusual, topics
• one-sided conversations
• awkward movements and/or mannerisms

Benefits sanctions should be immediately stopped.
Rather than blame the Tories, I would be more interested in targetting the dole office worker who made this decision. They could very easily decide not to pursue sanctions at that level and yet they chose to do this to the guy. This is not down to May. This is done to mini Hilter b*****ds at the dole office treating people like filth. That should be the target of your anger.

Yeah let's not blame the politicians who formulate the policies that staff are then told to enforce or be sacked.....

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Benefits sanctions should be immediately stopped.

Rather than blame the Tories, I would be more interested in targetting the dole office worker who made this decision. They could very easily decide not to pursue sanctions at that level and yet they chose to do this to the guy. This is not down to May. This is done to mini Hilter b*****ds at the dole office treating people like filth. That should be the target of your anger.

:lol:

hmmm just following orders eh?
Where have we heard that excuse before.
Who specifically issued that threat in this case?

Your saying that front line staff are entitled to simply ignore policy decisions from their line mgrs?? Behave. Your desperation to pretend tory policies aren't causing misery and deaths is bordering on sociopathic.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The poll tax taught us that the government can only rule by public consent.

If enough people are disgusted by a policy, they can end it by non co-operation.

Balls!

There were plenty of protests in Scotland regarding the poll tax but eff-all happened.
It was only after it was introduced into England that Maggie felt the heat.

Wikipedia: United Kingdom Poll Tax
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poll_tax

The poll tax, officially known as the "Community Charge", was a tax to fund local
government in the United Kingdom, instituted in 1989 by the government of Margaret
Thatcher... The new tax replaced the rates in Scotland from the start of the 1989/90
financial year, and in England and Wales from the start of the 1990/91 financial year.

Poll tax is history
https://www.theguardian.com/society/1999/apr/14/guardiansocietysupplement4

The then Conservative government created a rod for its own back by imposing the tax
first on Scotland. Resistance turned out to be stronger north of the border than
anywhere else and the national anti-poll tax movement sprang up from the streets of
Glasgow, devising measures to stop bailiffs and defences to fight court cases. With its
high proportion of council tenants, Scotland was a natural home for rebellion. Council
tenants had paid their rates contribution through their rent, so the poll tax was not just
a replacement but a completely new tax.

Thatcher was warned…
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/30/margaret-thatcher-warned-failure-register-poll-tax-uk-cabinet-files

The opposition of longstanding Tory voters is represented in the files by a letter from
a correspondent from “Dreams of Delight”, Great Snoring, Norfolk, who accused
Thatcher of being a dictator because they faced the prospect of their rates bill
doubling under the poll tax.

It would be this revolt in the Tory shires, rather than the Trafalgar Square protests,
that would seal Thatcher’s fate in the November 1990 leadership contest.

It was a revolt by the Tories in England that eventually stopped the Poll Tax.
No the riots or the protests elsewhere.

The poll tax taught us that the government can only rule by public consent.
If enough people are disgusted by a policy, they can end it by non co-operation.

Non cooperation? When trying to get your money that will heat the house, keep the electricity on, feed the kids etc.

I refuse to cooperate. I will not come and collect my benefit.

That's a seriously weak argument. The policy is entirely ideological and yes, some of the jumped up c***s at the offices will be enjoying it too much - but they are in no way to blame for this awful, degrading policy.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The UK is choosing a different path.

It appears to be choosing a new path which makes an attempt to wean us off our culture of dependency and entitlement and back to a time where we stood on our own two feet where only those who truly need help are getting it. I cant see how anyone can argue with that TBH.

Did you copy and paste that from the Dailly Mail comments section? 

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In my post I addressed both.

I said benefits sanctions should be stopped immediately and I said front line staff should refuse to co-operate with a policy which they know full well can result in people being cut adrift in this manner,

To all those front line b*****ds who enforce those rules I can only hope they sleep well at night with this on their conscience.

Any front line staff who refused to enforce these rules have been sacked, and are ineligible to claim benefits for voluntarily breaching the conditions of their employment.

Edited by welshbairn

You can use whatever argument which you think will help you sleep at night bud.
Personally I could not live with myself.

I agree to a point - I certainly couldn't do that job. But you seem to be blaming them rather than the Tory government responsible for the policy.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I agree to a point - I certainly couldn't do that job. But you seem to be blaming them rather than the Tory government responsible for the policy.

It's the Ruth Davidson defence.  Blame everybody else for not mitigating a Tory policy.

It's heartening to know that, at least on this forum, most can see through Oaksoft's apologism and deflection.