Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

27 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Great to hear that the next Prime Minister voted in the council elections yesterday in London emoji6.png

Deleted after 30 seconds apparently!  He’s a dick.

Looking at the various results there’s no rhyme or reason to the voting patterns.  Labour up in some areas, slaughtered in others; same with the UKIP lot.

General trends, however, should be a wake up call for Labour but won’t.

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm really having a hard time getting my head around what voters are doing down there

Turnout seems low, especially in Labour strongholds, which could throw up some anomalies. From Cheshire:

https://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/news/17616324.cheshire-west-elections-voter-turnout-revealed/

39 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Great to hear that the next Prime Minister voted in the council elections yesterday in London emoji6.png

Much as I'd love that to be true the screenshot looks like a very poor photoshop job.

D5l_V6rW0AInaxE.jpg

When the EU referendum was held, it was amusing that some people would vote one way or the other because the council weren't doing enough about dog poo in the park or other things.
"How ridiculous - how could anyone be that stupid".

Now there are these local council elections - presumably concerning people who would have to deal with the issue of dog poo in the park (amongst other things) and nobody thinks it is ridiculous that people voted one way or the other because of Brexit.

Bit of inconsistency in there, I think.

51 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

When the EU referendum was held, it was amusing that some people would vote one way or the other because the council weren't doing enough about dog poo in the park or other things.
"How ridiculous - how could anyone be that stupid".

Now there are these local council elections - presumably concerning people who would have to deal with the issue of dog poo in the park (amongst other things) and nobody thinks it is ridiculous that people voted one way or the other because of Brexit.

Bit of inconsistency in there, I think.

In normal times you might have a point but with Brexit being such a huge issue and having dominated political debate for so long, and with both main parties (outwith Scotland) being in such disarray about Brexit, I can understand people using this occasion as a protest.

I like that media are reporting that both the main parties are being hammered in the local elections. Labour losing ~6% of their councillors as it stands, Tories losing ~27% but still it's being painted as them both being beaten as bad as the other.

The mumbleclown. :lol:

No doubt Anthony C Pick will be along soon to explain how getting shoed nationwide in the midterm of the most useless government since Lord North's days demonstrates Labour's momentum (pun intended). 

59 minutes ago, Spain said:

I like that media are reporting that both the main parties are being hammered in the local elections. Labour losing ~6% of their councillors as it stands, Tories losing ~27% but still it's being painted as them both being beaten as bad as the other.

Not defending the media but your comment is gravely missing context.

Labour are up against perhaps the worst Tory government of all time and are still losing seats. It's bad news for them and it's what happens when you're as spineless as they have been.

In contextual terms it is every bit as bad for Labour. 

Wonder how Mrs May will be received in Scotland tomorrow.

After her party getting an absolute doing she'll be here to tell us that the Tank Commander will be FM in 2021. Bit of a minter to be honest

1 minute ago, I'm Brian said:

Wonder how Mrs May will be received in Scotland tomorrow.

After her party getting an absolute doing she'll be here to tell us that the Tank Commander will be FM in 2021. Bit of a minter to be honest

She's long past caring about minters at this stage I would think. Ritual humiliation is the way of things for her. 

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

She's long past caring about minters at this stage I would think. Ritual humiliation is the way of things for her. 

True that. Not going well for her today :lol: