Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

40 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Picking fights? It may be that WM are stepping on the toes of devolved issues, and let's be honest for once in your lifetime, they have history of riding roughshod over protocol, The Queen, Northern Irelan etc. GM crops. The little I know is that SG  are against it for reason of promoting Scottish agriculture and the international strength and reputation of that and believe GM would only damage that.

DPB has previous for labelling things as a 'disaster' and then being unable to say why when asked. I wouldn't even bother with this complete fantasist.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

DPB has previous for labelling things as a 'disaster' and then being unable to say why when asked. I wouldn't even bother with this complete fantasist.

Well, the census, at its present take up level is useless. It finishes on 31st May so well soon see the final figure.

I would have thought that ‘the ferries’ could be fairly labelled as a disaster.

I don't think either England or Scotland vote for centre-right parties in the numbers states. 

England has recently returned sizeable votes for the Tories, the Brexit Party and UKIP. Those are simply right-wing/far right parties. There is nothing particularly centrist about any of them.

In Scotland, I'd say the centre-right number is also pretty low. You could maybe take half the labour vote, the lib dem, and small percentages of the Tory and SNP vote as centrist-ish. Most of the SNP, the Green and half the Labour vote is almost certainly centre-left/left-leaning imo. 

As for independence, I'm moving increasingly to the "not really that bothered now, but would vote Yes in a referendum if it happened" camp. Even if we somehow get a referendum, as a nation we'll shite it anyway and condemn ourselves to decades more venal Tory corruption, unless Labour sort themselves out and elect a leader who isn't a total fucking wet blanket. 

SNP supporters get to celebrate gains at the council elections, at Scottish general elections and UK general elections that increased their share of the vote, share of representatives and increased their overwhelming majority in the legislative bodies across Scotland. They also get to see the two 'mainstream' UK political parties compete for 3rd place and the privilege of opposing an SNP/Green government They don't even pretend anymore, just pledge to 'hold the SNP to account'.

Unionists get to celebrate a meaningless poll that will be superseded within weeks.

Its a fair exchange :)

39 minutes ago, Zern said:

SNP supporters get to celebrate gains at the council elections, at Scottish general elections and UK general elections that increased their share of the vote, share of representatives and increased their overwhelming majority in the legislative bodies across Scotland. They also get to see the two 'mainstream' UK political parties compete for 3rd place and the privilege of opposing an SNP/Green government They don't even pretend anymore, just pledge to 'hold the SNP to account'.

Unionists get to celebrate a meaningless poll that will be superseded within weeks.

Its a fair exchange :)

And how many years of your life have you lived in an Independent Scotland? 

You can celebrate election results all you want whilst the rest of us contently live our lives enjoying being part of this wonderful Union. 

53 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

And how many years of your life have you lived in an Independent Scotland? 

You can celebrate election results all you want whilst the rest of us contently live our lives enjoying being part of this wonderful Union. 

Wonderful Union? In what way?

Just now, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

The attention-seeking one. Presumably he thought he was signed in as the Durries account, which is the one usually spouting the WoNdErFuL GlOrIoUs UnIoN pish (the cartoonasaur one is usually for “I’m just a reasonable Labour voter” shite).

20 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I just like all the countries in the UK and I think we're culturally better being mixed and embracing that rather than being isolationist and trying to sever ties with the rest of the UK. Much the same as my argument for remaining in the EU.

"Wonderful" was a bit of a wind up in word choice. 

21 minutes ago, Antlion said:
21 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The attention-seeking one. Presumably he thought he was signed in as the Durries account, which is the one usually spouting the WoNdErFuL GlOrIoUs UnIoN pish (the cartoonasaur one is usually for “I’m just a reasonable Labour voter” shite).

cartoonasaur one is usually for “I’m just a reasonable Labour voter” shite).

What's your problem with reasonable Labour voters? 😂

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I just like all the countries in the UK and I think we're culturally better being mixed and embracing that rather than being isolationist and trying to sever ties with the rest of the UK. Much the same as my argument for remaining in the EU.

"Wonderful" was a bit of a wind up in word choice. 

We have become isolationist due to Brexit. If Scotland win independence and gets back into the EU, we shall no longer be isolationist.

20 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

We have become isolationist due to Brexit. If Scotland win independence and gets back into the EU, we shall no longer be isolationist.

If there was some guarantee Indy Scotland would immediately join the EU I'd certainly be more warm to the idea. 

I appreciate your sentiments and where you're coming from but I feel like pursuing the break up of the Union to chase after EU membership would be cutting off your nose in spite of your face at this point. 

Would you be pro remaining in the UK if we had proportional representation instead of FPTP? I personally think that's something that causes a lot of issues. 

4 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

If there was some guarantee Indy Scotland would immediately join the EU I'd certainly be more warm to the idea. 

I appreciate your sentiments and where you're coming from but I feel like pursuing the break up of the Union to chase after EU membership would be cutting off your nose in spite of your face at this point. 

Would you be pro remaining in the UK if we had proportional representation instead of FPTP? I personally think that's something that causes a lot of issues. 

I personally wouldn't. I believe independence is the only way to prosper, in the long term, for Scotland. The Union is a busted flush. Is hasn't served Scotland well for years, if ever? Even under Labour governments. And the Labour Party in Scotland took the Scottish electorate far too much for granted for too long, me included. They got what they deserved at the ballot box and continue to do so. Time to get out and decide our own fate and mistakes. 

18 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I personally wouldn't. I believe independence is the only way to prosper, in the long term, for Scotland. The Union is a busted flush. Is hasn't served Scotland well for years, if ever? Even under Labour governments. And the Labour Party in Scotland took the Scottish electorate far too much for granted for too long, me included. They got what they deserved at the ballot box and continue to do so. Time to get out and decide our own fate and mistakes. 

Scotland is not in the least bit a political or economic homogeneity.  It is daft for you to regard it as such.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

We will be independent by the turn of the decade. People are rightly sick of politics just now, once the deal is struck and we have a date...a positive yes campaign will canter in.

Eh?  There is no 'positive yes' message.  People have had a 15 year prelude to iJock and, by Christ, does it look bloody.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  There is no 'positive yes' message.  People have had a 15 year prelude to iJock and, by Christ, does it look bloody.

More racism thrown in. You really do get more disgusting with each post.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

We will be independent by the turn of the decade. People are rightly sick of politics just now, once the deal is struck and we have a date...a positive yes campaign will canter in.

It's counterintuitive to think anything but this will be the outcome.

There will, of course, be preludes and two of the most significant will be:

Whichever way the Irish border issue resolves is good news for Scotland as it will draw the sting out of the border guards at Gretna nonsense.

When Lizzie the Stick shuffles off her mortal coil, no longer will there be a respected and tangible historic link. Pandora's box will quickly open and all but those with commemorative dish cloths will be freed to question.