Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh I can answer that.

This part of the forum is an SNP cult stronghold and you have had the audacity to express a different opinion.

You could only get a worse reception if you managed to find and post pics of Sturgeon and Boris in a naked embrace together.

Oh I've quickly learned this! Every thread that has criticism of the SNP is derailed by paranoid ramblings. Shame as there are some good posters on this section but the nutters make it unreadable half the time. 

17 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Oh I've quickly learned this! Every thread that has criticism of the SNP is derailed by paranoid ramblings. Shame as there are some good posters on this section but the nutters make it unreadable half the time. 

Plenty of Unionist nutters on here too!

1 hour ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

It's pretty incredible that , if we limited voting in Scottish elections to just those born in England, the SNP would still be the largest party. 

Yeah, can’t even be justifiably xenophobic.  What’s the world Scotland coming to!!!

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Unlike this part of the forum, the covid thread didn't need a post from Div warning people about their conduct when posting. 😆

And also, the clouds we were shouting at on the covid thread eventually cleared when restrictions were removed so it wasn't all bad news.

How many clouds have cleared on this part of the forum? 😜

I'm actually quite surprised the Covid thread wasn't binned or had a warning applied, it was fucking poisonous at times. It now seems to have reduced to weirdos estimating mask-wearing percentages in shops and Paulo going mental at no one in particular. 

Most of the invective on here is directed at previously-banned trolls and/or drunk angry Rangers fans. I don't feel guilty for ripping the utter pish out of bigoted arseholes like Kincy and DPB. 

I can only assume the covid thread got to such a fucked up place that even the mods didn't want to look at it. When you have someone expressing delight at record number of deaths in a country just because they followed a covid policy they didn't like it's no wonder.

Just now, oaksoft said:

You see, this is part of the problem.

The poster you are talking about clearly isn't taking delight in people dying.

That thread is 2 years of anger about nonsensical restrictions in our day to day lives not backed by any evidence to suggest any of the measures work to a degree sufficient enough to justify people, losing their homes, their businesses and their livelihoods..

Whether you agree with his points or not, any reasonable person would realise that he's railing against those who impose those restrictions.

Any reasonable person. I think that's the key.

Yes because someone posting about record deaths in a country and making a joke about "if Carlsberg made announcements" or something like that is clearly very, very reasonable.

You defending it is typical unhinged behaviour that that thread was rife with.

12 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Could we take all the hysteria at being asked to wash your hands back to the plague pit please? As I'm not quite sure what this has to do with the 2017 General Election.

tbf the Tories do seem to be washing their hands of responsibility and accountability in almost everything they do.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe you should look at how hopeless the SG is?

I'm not disagreeing that they're shite but I would have assumed that the fact that Westminster are shite and corrupt and sexual predators might just have helped our cause.

And that's before you get on to the cost of living crisis.

Seems I was wrong. 

Edited by Suspect Device

Remarkable figures really. Brexit, Boris and everything else in the last eight years that we were assured were going to help the separatist cause.

Yet it's still 55/45.

Must be heartbreaking for nationalists.

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

Remarkable figures really. Brexit, Boris and everything else in the last eight years that we were assured were going to help the separatist cause.

Yet it's still 55/45.

Must be heartbreaking for nationalists.

A lot of them just live in fantasy bubbles anyway. They'll stamp their feet in a huff then put their fingers in their ears and continue on with their delusional daydreams. Some pish about "inevitability", peoples will and UDI would be funny. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

33 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe you should look at how hopeless the SG is?

They may be hopeless, but are they the party of government that condones corruption to the tune of £4 billion, sexual rape, impropriety, a PM who lies to the standing monarch and a democratically elected parliament, about to illegally rip up the Good Friday agreement, which is an international document enshrined in the UN. Systematically destroying the UK economy, by brexit, holding back much needed public funds for a tax bribe pre next general election. Presiding over the slowest growing economy in Europe. The Scottish Government have nothing of incompetence in comparison to this Conservative government. Worse than Thatcher.

14 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

A lot of them just live in fantasy bubbles anyway. They'll stamp their feet in a huff then put their fingers in their ears and continue on with their delusional daydreams. Some pish about "inevitability", peoples will and UDI would be funny. 

The irony of saying they live in a fantasy bubble. Thinking that there will be a Labour government after the next election is looking more and more fantastical. With you condoning the utter destruction of the fabric of society under this Conservative government shows the delusion and fantasy you think under.