Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Quick to anger and abusive. And I am the weird one 😂

Your posts and seeming obsession with myself is really weird. 

I can see why you may want to deflect away from the topic at hand right enough. In future could you direct any unrelated fan type posts to my DM box for the sake of everyone else trying to read the forum.

I'm a bit concerned that I haven't asked Clachnacuddin who to vote for yet, and it's the last game of the season on Saturday. Or maybe I should ask the candidates what team I should support.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Your posts and seeming obsession with myself is really weird. 

I can see why you may want to deflect away from the topic at hand right enough. In future could you direct any unrelated fan type posts to my DM box for the sake of everyone else trying to read the forum.

ha - yes will be DMing you 😂

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

The Scotsman on Twitter: "Boris Johnson: SNP's focus on Scottish  independence has poisoned public life' https://t.co/ltoF0r83VI" / Twitter

There was a poll done post Independence that showed there had been a slight majority of Rangers supporters who voted YES compared to NO.

Obviously the poll was based on people answering the question truthfully but I cannot see any reason folk would lie.

There was a poll done post Independence that showed there had been a slight majority of Rangers supporters who voted YES compared to NO.
Obviously the poll was based on people answering the question truthfully but I cannot see any reason folk would lie.

I would believe that. The biggest demographic for separatism is football supporting males under 50, which is why this site and most social media is so tilted.
The reality of the broader electorate is far different of course, as the polling shows.

Just now, Lex said:

I would believe that. The biggest demographic for separatism is football supporting males under 50, which is why this site and most social media is so tilted.
The reality of the broader electorate is far different of course, as the polling shows.

What was the biggest demographic for separatism when it came to the EU, out of interest?

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Count me in.

Ah, you’re one of those curious Tory “unionists” who opposes political unions*, though, aren’t you?

* well, the ones that dare not to have Westminster in overall charge, and which embrace that continental lot.

34 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If it's any help, I'm an Independence supporter who also follows Rangers. 

I understand that there may be as many as six of us.... 

It's a weird one because statistically the Rangers support are fairly typically west coast working class when it comes to this stuff, but studies show a mental amount of support for everything from Brexit to Trump amongst the regulars at Ibrox as well so some people must be zig zagging their way through life. In all seriousness though Rangers are a fucking weird institution.

Edited by Andre Bo

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If it's any help, I'm an Independence supporter who also follows Rangers. 

I understand that there may be as many as six of us.... 

Just be careful in future when making the same point that you don’t say you could “count us on one hand”.

22 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

This poll would seem to suggest that a swing of just over 3% would result in an Indy majority. Albus's conclusion? There is no desire for independece

On 31/03/2022 at 17:45, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Would much prefer a Labour government and I'm optimistic we will see that next general election. 

Current Electoral Calculus polling suggests that Labour would be 24 seats short of a majority. That's no mandate for stable government (1st table below)

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/prediction_main.html

To get an overall majority (of 2 seats), Labour currently require a direct swing of 2.7% from the Tories (2nd table below)

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/usercode.py?scotcontrol=Y&CON=32.4&LAB=41.7&LIB=10&Reform=1.8&Green=5.1&UKIP=&TVCON=&TVLAB=&TVLIB=&TVReform=&TVGreen=&TVUKIP=&SCOTCON=18.3&SCOTLAB=20.2&SCOTLIB=6.6&SCOTReform=0.9&SCOTGreen=3&SCOTUKIP=&SCOTNAT=48&display=AllChanged&regorseat=(none)&boundary=2019base

Can you explain,  Albus, why you are optomistic about a 2.7% swing to Labour, yet believe that a 3.1% swing to Indy won't happen?

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 14.06.16.png

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 14.12.03.png

Edited by lichtgilphead