Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

25 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's stunning that Labour can't lay a glove on the worst government in history. 

It’s self perpetuating. Folk see how shit they are at opposing the shambolic Tories and therefore can’t see how they could possibly govern any better than the c***s.

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

It’s self perpetuating. Folk see how shit they are at opposing the shambolic Tories and therefore can’t see how they could possibly govern any better than the c***s.

It's not much different up here though. I used to vote SNP because I believed in independence and that they were more competent than the rest. Then I voted for them simply for independence after I realised they were shite as well. Now I don't see myself voting for anyone but will still vote yes if we get another referendum.

9 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

It's not much different up here though. I used to vote SNP because I believed in independence and that they were more competent than the rest. Then I voted for them simply for independence after I realised they were shite as well. Now I don't see myself voting for anyone but will still vote yes if we get another referendum.

If you don’t vote SNP you’ll probably not get a chance at another Independence Referendum. You probably know that.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If you don’t vote SNP you’ll probably not get a chance at another Independence Referendum. You probably know that.

But, and this is the big but, they are also standing to be a party of government, they have to be elected on the basis that they do a good job. You’re seeing voters from all sections of society saying how disillusioned on this website alone. Anyone who honestly thinks hand on heart that they are a party of effective governance is either lying to themselves or a fucking moron who probably shouldnt be allowed to vote. Yes people have now for 2 general elections and 1 scottish election lent them their vote, can you honestly see it happening for much longer? If they dont deliver an indy ref this parliament then its going to be tough for them in reelection. 

45 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What?  Vote for the party that has failed to produce independence and has failed to produce decent governance in Scotland?

That the Lib Dems slipping behind the Greens at Westminster now too?

No doubt things will have changed by the next time there's an election, but it's amusing to see all the same.

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

But, and this is the big but, they are also standing to be a party of government, they have to be elected on the basis that they do a good job. You’re seeing voters from all sections of society saying how disillusioned on this website alone. Anyone who honestly thinks hand on heart that they are a party of effective governance is either lying to themselves or a fucking moron who probably shouldnt be allowed to vote. Yes people have now for 2 general elections and 1 scottish election lent them their vote, can you honestly see it happening for much longer? If they dont deliver an indy ref this parliament then its going to be tough for them in reelection. 

I wouldn't argue with any of that.  The SNP have indeed performed dismally in Government and it has become embroiled in issues which have very little locus to most voters, such as the Hate Crime Bill and trans rights.  It's become a challenge to keep putting that 'X' in the box.

However, UK politics has long been a case of the least-worst option and you look at the political direction of travel of England.  Do you surrender your vote to a Tory Government which is both serially incompetent and criminally corrupt and is ideologically hell-bent on amplifying the currently obscene levels of inequality and opportunity across the country ?  Tough call that.

Or what about Labour, led by an uninspiring craven apology of leader who is petrified of upholding the founding principles of his party.  Just listen to the weasel words of Lisa Nandy as she tries to avoid calling out Brexit for the total act of economic lunacy it is.  Why does she do that ?  Because the shitebags are more intent on appeasing the zoomer faction in the electorate than standing four square behind what is right.

Take your pick from the rest if you will, but I think you'll find that bad as the SNP are (and we should never forget the malodorous journalistic and broadcast climate in Scotland) they still currently represent the best option for defending Scottish interests.  

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I wouldn't argue with any of that.  The SNP have indeed performed dismally in Government and it has become embroiled in issues which have very little locus to most voters, such as the Hate Crime Bill and trans rights.  It's become a challenge to keep putting that 'X' in the box.

However, UK politics has long been a case of the least-worst option and you look at the political direction of travel of England.  Do you surrender your vote to a Tory Government which is both serially incompetent and criminally corrupt and is ideologically hell-bent on amplifying the currently obscene levels of inequality and opportunity across the country ?  Tough call that.

Or what about Labour, led by an uninspiring craven apology of leader who is petrified of upholding the founding principles of his party.  Just listen to the weasel words of Lisa Nandy as she tries to avoid calling out Brexit for the total act of economic lunacy it is.  Why does she do that ?  Because the shitebags are more intent on appeasing the zoomer faction in the electorate than standing four square behind what is right.

Take your pick from the rest if you will, but I think you'll find that bad as the SNP are (and we should never forget the malodorous journalistic and broadcast climate in Scotland) they still currently represent the best option for defending Scottish interests.  

Angus Robertson did a decent job attacking Boris and Brexit on the BBC Scotland debate night on Wed night.

We really need to hear more vociferous attacks from every SNP member of the govt in that vein. 

Brexit is just one of the many "open goals" Boris should be taken to the cleaners on. Starmer, of course, can't say or do anything given that most labour voters in England voted for it. 

Sitting waiting patiently for the Beeb to comment on the doubtless well deserved elevation to the Lords of Malcolm Offord and his richly deserved insertion into Her Most Britannic Majesty's Government as a Minister in the Scotland Office. 

After all, who better to actively participate in the government of a democracy than someone who was unsuccessful in the Lothians List at the 2021 Scottish election. 

Presumably his donation of £147500 to the Conservatives was incidental in determining his suitability for pubic office. 

Seriously, surely even the most ass kissing Tory sycophant can't support this sort of disgraceful abuse of power in something that claims to be a democracy? 

38 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I wish they'd just publish the price list for honours.

£147,500 for a lord.

How much do you have to pay to become a knight? 

I don’t think the full list has been published, as it is complicated by other factors such as knowledge (with evidence) of the bedroom and public park scandals of our betters, etc, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the entry-level political corruption for Tory donors is that a £25 Asda voucher would secure appointment as the Groom of the Stool. 

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I don’t think the full list has been published, as it is complicated by other factors such as knowledge (with evidence) of the bedroom and public park scandals of our betters, etc, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the entry-level political corruption for Tory donors is that a £25 Asda voucher would secure appointment as the Groom of the Stool. 

“Whit? I paid thirty, and I wasn’t even provided bog roll!”

B835937D-A921-4703-8F30-0BA0052C5E57.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Pretty sure that an education at one of the great public schools is still required to become a professional fag. You couldn't trust one of the lower-orders with access to a gentleman's undercarriage, surely.

13 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Red dawn still light years away.

If I were a Labour voter in England I’d be in tears over this poll.  We in Scotland have a credible alternative, the non-Tories in England do not.