Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Wait, what? I thought the proud Scottish regionalist line was that the Brexit Bounce had come last year in the successive Yes majorities, and dissipated when - silly gooses - we realised that those clever folk in England and Wales knew what was best for us after all?

The brexit bounce happened before brexit?

Uh, it’s 2021. Brexit was forced on Scotland at the end of January 2020. Don’t you remember dear old loveable clown Boris insisting on that?

The transition period (where nothing changed) was in 2020. We actually left the EU on the 1st of January 2021.
No doubt some Scottish No voters did buy into the Brexit scare stories and became temporary yes voters.
Now, almost eight months after we left, the sky hasn’t fell in. They’re coming back home to no.
Must be tough for the yes campaign to take. Brexit has happened, Boris is triumphant and secure in power, and you’re STILL behind in the polls. This sustained period of leads that the separatists were hoping for before calling a referendum is now looking a bit pie in the sky.
Will be interesting to see what red meat Sturgeon throws to the moon howlers at the SNP conference next month.
Guess she will stick with ‘Trust me, after COVID’ because it buys her an indefinite amount of time, because COVID is never going away.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

The transition period (where nothing changed) was in 2020. We actually left the EU on the 1st of January 2021.
No doubt some Scottish No voters did buy into the Brexit scare stories and became temporary yes voters.
Now, almost eight months after we left, the sky hasn’t fell in. They’re coming back home to no.
Must be tough for the yes campaign to take. Brexit has happened, Boris is triumphant and secure in power, and you’re STILL behind in the polls. This sustained period of leads that the separatists were hoping for before calling a referendum is now looking a bit pie in the sky.
Will be interesting to see what red meat Sturgeon throws to the moon howlers at the SNP conference next month.
Guess she will stick with ‘Trust me, after COVID’ because it buys her an indefinite amount of time, because COVID is never going away.

Ah, so you were never expecting a Brexit Bounce when Boris Johnson’s Brexit happened at all; you were expecting a post transition period increase in support for independence, as a rejection of the UK’s separatist agenda? I agree that hasn’t happened, at least not securely. Good to know that scare stories about separatism are just that, though - especially as Yes is currently higher in the polls than Leave was prior to campaigning.

People without a car rely on properly funded public transport, while the Tories have let the relative cost of car use drop by 20% in the past decade by freezing duties and other levies on the delicate little flower known as the Great British Motorist. 

One is certainly feeding off the other even accounting for wider factors. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
20 hours ago, Suspect Device said:
Not sure when it'll be published but I've been included in the latest YouGov polling on an independent Scotland. 
image.png.d0962a322ee9c69862c44073c34fa348.png

I'm not sure anyone framing the question in that way can be trusted to report the results even-handedly.

Agreed. I'm not sure what's wrong with simply asking a "should Scotland be an independent country?" question. With one of 2 options to respond. 

7 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

4E27C881-2D5E-41E6-9A65-599DD76A4124.png

95275B15-365B-48C6-AB96-3502D78C262C.png

421E5589-1940-4B51-96AF-79856F296FBE.png

Unionist parties down and the pollsters continuing to have the Lib Dems as a separate option when they are a minority party and not have a party of government on their own is just plain weird.

Unionist parties down and the pollsters continuing to have the Lib Dems as a separate option when they are a minority party and not have a party of government on their own is just plain weird.
I assume it's because it's Westminster voting intention (no green mps) rather than Holyrood.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

I see Alba are storming to a smashing *zero* percent.20210909_180627.jpg

I can’t believe these figures.  Going by the Coronavirus thread, people are fleeing from the SNP…

Just goes to show what an echo chamber that thread is. 

Keep on SIMPing, that’s what I say!