Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

34 minutes ago, Dipped Flake said:

Comres had no in the lead twice in March. Yougov/times also had no in the lead in march

I dont mean the indy numbers, I can quite believe they will bounce around showing Yes and No leads. I mean the Holyrood election numbers where YG and ComRes showed two very different pictures. 

28 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

After last nights Question Time and that wonderful masterful controlling stance by Gauleiter Ross I am now convinced that the tories will win this election by a landslide and we will all be saved from the evil clutches of the horrible SNP.

At least he turned up.

18 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

It's a bit odd that Dross appears to think that an entire government can't concentrate on more than one thing at a time while apparently seeing no issues with him having 3 jobs at the moment and wanting to add a fourth. 

3 hours ago, Elric said:

At least he turned up.

If you watched it last night then like me you'll be wondering why any of them turned up it was that bland and a repeat of the last two debates.

Gauleiter babbling on about Independence.

Willie on about Mental Health, and by the look on his face dying for a fart.

Lorna shutting down further oil and gas exploration licences

Sarwar acting the good guy and the voice of reason.

Keith Brown bored and checking his shoelaces.

Sound familiar?

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 hours ago, Elric said:

At least he turned up.

I'm impressed that the SNP bothered to send anyone, given QT's penchant for hand picking the same hardline Loyalists as audience members time and time again to shout 'NAE INDYREF 2'  over the top of everybody else. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

If you watched it last night then like me you'll be wondering why any of them turned up it was that bland and a repeat of the last two debates.

Gauleiter babbling on about Independence.

Willie on about Mental Health, and by the look on his face dying for a fart.

Lorna shutting down further oil and gas exploration licences

Sarwar acting the good guy and the voice of reason.

Keith Brown bored and checking his shoelaces.

Sound familiar?

and this is how it will continue till polling day.  Any wonder people are getting fed up with it. Same old same old.

7 hours ago, renton said:

Wasn't she born in Canada?

I know you were responding to that comment about how she pronounced Johnston and curiously was'nt he born in the USA which might explain his umming and ahhing? 

I have largely given up on QT in the age of Zoom because you can't judge who is picked for questions, and I get annoyed when they keep their hand up even when called,  and the flow of "debate" is poor. I decided to watch last night but the rest of the U.K's declining audience must have given up fairly early.  All the soundbites from all of them droning on. I am biased but Ross is hopeless/Rennie is exhibiting the effects of so many gimmicks/Sarwar wants no return to old arguments  ad nauseum/ Slater trying to get some time to outline some policies/ and Keith Brown sticking to the script. Oh for the days of the stairheid Rammy between the branch manager Lamont and Sturgeon.  Would love to see a London Mayoral candidate night next week? ( Not)

17 hours ago, Elric said:

and this is how it will continue till polling day.  Any wonder people are getting fed up with it. Same old same old.

On a brighter note Boris is being shown as corrupt as the rest of his ministerial cronies which gives us Nationalists some amusement and by the same token disgust as all of it.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

On a brighter note Boris is being shown as corrupt as the rest of his ministerial cronies which gives us Nationalists some amusement and by the same token disgust as all of it.

That may be true - Boris might get the heave. He might not. It won't alter the main issue though. I'm in my 60s and the last time there was a UK general election when Scotland returned a majority of Tory MPs was before I was born (1955 General Election) . Since then Scotland has had a Tory Westminster Government more than 50% of the time.  Scotland can really only get a Westminster Government it wants if at the same time the folk in England happen to share that desire.